Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: K-5 Officially Announced :D

Default Re: K-5 Officially Announced :D

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    Bro
    Better check and adjust the diopter next time you try it again. At our last outing, in bright sunlight, I checked the display with a few others and ALL could see it clearly. Ben was the only one who had problem until I realised it was his diopter that was way out. After adjusting, he could see it clearly too.
    maybe you need to have a xmm in shiny bikini at the other side of the lens to dazzle your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    maybe you need to have a xmm in shiny bikini at the other side of the lens to dazzle your eyes.
    shiny bikini not required to dazzle. just hope the lens does not pop out onto the floor.
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

shiny bikini not required to dazzle. just hope the lens does not pop out onto the floor.
    Which lens huh?
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Bro
    Better check and adjust the diopter next time you try it again. At our last outing, in bright sunlight, I checked the display with a few others and ALL could see it clearly. Ben was the only one who had problem until I realised it was his diopter that was way out. After adjusting, he could see it clearly too.

If they do not know what they want, we call them "Lost".

Hi Sorry to sidetrack abit... on bright sunny day i also cant see the readout in the viewfinder. My diopter adjusted properly. Is there a way to make the readouts in the viewfinder brighter?

Quote Originally Posted by xtunbox View Post
    Hi Sorry to sidetrack abit... on bright sunny day i also cant see the readout in the viewfinder. My diopter adjusted properly. Is there a way to make the readouts in the viewfinder brighter?
    No reason for you not to see it leh. Its so clear on my 4 sets (2 x K7 + 2 x Kx) . Before you bring it in for checks, is it possible you were looking a little too low in the view finder, so blocked by the lower ledge of the view finder? I missed it once like this but once you move your eye a little higher, the display comes into view quickly. i.e. move your eye nearer the view finder.
    I am not able to recreate your problem so far in 12pm afternoon sunlight as well as camera in the direction of sunlight too. Its not as clear as at night but definitely all the readout is clearly visible. Do join us for the next outing and let us see your sets. You may have a problem set or contact problem on the display.

Quote Originally Posted by xtunbox View Post
    no.

only nikon lights up their vf thingy... if you take out the battery on a nikon dslr you will realise that the vf suddenly very dark...

if you are not cupping your eye properly against the vf, obviously there will be some form of light leakage preventing you from viewing the numbers properly.. so hold your camera firmly and properly..

when i put on a tripod, if i can't see the numbers properly... then i just shade my eyes. that is the main problem, is nothing to do with pentax being very unique in having a dark viewfinder, contrary to what some people here would have you believe.

No reason for you not to see it leh. Its so clear on my 4 sets (2 x K7 + 2 x Kx) .
    Wow...4 sets. One for every 2 days or so....

Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    nope, I guess he change his camera daily in a week just like his underwear.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    nope, I guess he change his camera daily in a week just like his underwear.

Yup...bought a K7 downgraded to a Kx, then the price dropped, bought back a K7 and then realised I do not need that much power, so here I am back to a kx and wondering if the kr is next (k5 too much power..heh)

Yup...bought a K7 downgraded to a Kx, then the price dropped, bought back a K7 and then realised I do not need that much power, so here I am back to a kx and wondering if the kr is next (k5 too much power..heh)
    Get the k-5, then sell it to me.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

Thanks guys for the reply.
    I couldn't cup my eyes close to the viewfinder eyecup coz i am wearing specs. Anyway, i will go test it out and will let my gf be the judge if i still cant see the readout again.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    no.

when i put on a tripod, if i can't see the numbers properly... then i just shade my eyes. that is the main problem, is nothing to do with pentax being very unique in having a dark viewfinder, contrary to what some people here would have you believe.
    I didnt know Pentax is unique of having dark viewfinder... But i did tried my friend's Canon 550d, his viewfinder looks much brighter and clearer. I haven't got a chance to try a Nikon yet. For whatever reasons....

I
    still
    very
    much
    in
    love
    with
    my
    Pentax K-x

huh, both are pentamirror set ups, i don't see how this could be the case.

are you comparing with same type of lens? it is quite wrong to compare a 18-55 mounted on a pentax dslr versus 50mm f/1.4 mounted on a canon camera, for example.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...ewfinders.html

K-5 = entry level?

why so ex? argh. i want it too!
    Be Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by nanochan1 View Post
    K-5 = entry level?

why so ex? argh. i want it too!
    Where have you been the past week ??? Just came back from Mars

K-5 is now Pentax's top end APS-C DSLR, above the K-7.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post
    Where have you been the past week ??? Just came back from Mars

K-5 is now Pentax's top end APS-C DSLR, above the K-7.
    i saw people state it.. so i was like "how could it be - an entry level?"

ha ha. omg. tempting.
    Be Interesting

Yes. Very tempting indeed.

The AF in the K-7 aint too bad but I can do with better AF to meet my shooting needs. The high ISO performance in the K-7 though much better than the K10D, K20D is still lacking.

If what we have read about the K-5 so far proves out in actual use, it will indeed be a difficult temptation to resist

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678