Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what's my next step?

Default Re: what's my next step?

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    there is NOTHING wrong with having a camera just to shoot snapshots ..... as long as you're having fun

why stress urself up like this ?
    hahaha . okay okay noted. will share more of my cookings in future. nowadays walking around my estate, looking for nice view to shoot. so far, havent found any particular nice stuff yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    how come no one told him that the next step is to start shooting xmm... got a few people here next step was to shoot xmm..
    Cannot la. if shoot XMM, then must start buying green tea already.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Cannot la. if shoot XMM, then must start buying green tea already.
    why must buy green tea?? hahaha dont understand.
    hey shoot car nicer lah. those XMM, sure got alot more pro than me de photographer shoot liao lah

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rebelriot View Post
    hey shoot car nicer lah. those XMM, sure got alot more pro than me de photographer shoot liao lah
    better not to understand la.

you will be surprised. Some people show up to shoot XMM with PnS... It is not about the gear.. but the XMM.

same goes for car photography. A lot of pros as well.
    And as daredevil123 stated, the 'magnetic pull' towards XMM is quite strong, equipment be damned....
    Exploring! :)

i havent found what i like to shoot too
    So when you bought the camera, what were you planning to do with it?

Did you use to take pics with a point-and-shoot compact camera also?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    So when you bought the camera, what were you planning to do with it?

Did you use to take pics with a point-and-shoot compact camera also?
    i come from a pNs background. used to use only pNs while dad is the one who venture into DSLR scene. but he is new too. and now we are sharing, so my options are bigger now. have a choice between my olympus PnS and the canon 550D

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    better not to understand la.

you will be surprised. Some people show up to shoot XMM with PnS... It is not about the gear.. but the XMM.
    hahaha still very curious to know - whats the green tea about. LOL

Blog Entries

hahaha still very curious to know - whats the green tea about. LOL
    Talk and read here often enough, before long you will know also... understand the way of the force you will...

i come from a pNs background. used to use only pNs while dad is the one who venture into DSLR scene. but he is new too. and now we are sharing, so my options are bigger now. have a choice between my olympus PnS and the canon 550D
    you haven't quite answered wildcat's question....
    If you notice, he quoted another post of yours when he asked that question...
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    you haven't quite answered wildcat's question....
    If you notice, he quoted another post of yours when he asked that question...
    im so sorry. i must have missed out.

actually the DSLR belongs to my dad who is also new in photography. he havent have the time to shoot ever since his company assigned his dept with some major project.

as for me, i "took over" to utilise it , as well as learn it since i have the time. didnt really plan on what to shoot. however most of the time when i do shooting, i shoot gatherings, outings

oh no, when i use DSLR to shoot, i dont bring along PNS(hope i catch what your qn meant)

im so sorry. i must have missed out.

actually the DSLR belongs to my dad who is also new in photography. he havent have the time to shoot ever since his company assigned his dept with some major project.

as for me, i "took over" to utilise it , as well as learn it since i have the time. didnt really plan on what to shoot. however most of the time when i do shooting, i shoot gatherings, outings

oh no, when i use DSLR to shoot, i dont bring along PNS(hope i catch what your qn meant)
    Okay, that would explain why you're confused. As ZCA said, the question was meant to make you think what you used to use cameras for, so that you can answer your own question. From what you've mentioned, I think I can assume you've used your PnS like what the majority of people do - take pictures when travelling, take pictures at family events, that kind.

Based on the pics you've taken so far with your PnS, you may want to expand on what you have been taking, or move outwards. I found my love for photography when travelling with my PnS and at cycling events. So that's why I got a simple G1 (which emulates a PnS closely, more than viewfinder of DSLR which I don't quite like/couldn't get used to). Over time, I found that I took more and more pics of other things. One day, I picked up a D5000 from BnS section and joined some outings and that's where my hobby really picked up.

You gotta find your own way
    Last edited by wildcat; 24th September 2010 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Dun need sorry lah.Anyway i feel that the pots and stove behind is a little distracting
    Ahya Bro...he wanted to know what you thought about his wings lah...not the background. Haha...Surely he know that...right?
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

@rebelriot - here's my $0.02 ..

i am a newbie as well, but i'll share with you a little tip i got from one of those fantastic websites on the internet...and it really helps me

when you are walking around, close one eye and create a frame with the thumb & index finger of your hands... look through this frame and that'll give you an idea what your camera "sees"

maybe people might stare at me doing this, but it really helps me to see what could look interesting when clicked with the camera

Quote Originally Posted by hitendra View Post
    @rebelriot - here's my $0.02 ..

i am a newbie as well, but i'll share with you a little tip i got from one of those fantastic websites on the internet...and it really helps me

when you are walking around, close one eye and create a frame with the thumb & index finger of your hands... look through this frame and that'll give you an idea what your camera "sees"

maybe people might stare at me doing this, but it really helps me to see what could look interesting when clicked with the camera
    actually i think that is also quite a good idea too.
    it helps.
    hmmm and i dont think it looks stupid,in fact i think people might think im a pro photographer !!!! hahahahaha

i did some night photography shots after digging out a tripod that we used to have .
    pls go and have a look, under landscape , titled "night photography"

alright guys,

i have gotten my canon 550D for approx 2 mnths by now. had it with the kit 1 lens, hoya uv filters, nothing else.

strap it with the canon strap, and bring it out for shooting at times.am quite new in this hobby, dont know what is the next step i should do?

i havent found what i like to shoot too
    next step is to shoot more. shoot until you find something you like shooting. pointless to buy more and more gear when you will hardly use it .... :P
    I probably collect lenses more than I take pictures
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/33270154@N03/

OK! First things first! Go get a decent tripod. You will rely on it lots.
    Also, if you are planning to go for newbies outings, one of the "requirements" is to bring one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by driveanegg View Post
    next step is to shoot more. shoot until you find something you like shooting. pointless to buy more and more gear when you will hardly use it .... :P
    second and third this~!!

don't be like the people who spend before thinking...
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123