Thread: KENKO and NISI Circular Polariser

Default KENKO and NISI Circular Polariser

Hi

Anyone has tried either one of the brand b4 ? I thought that if it can produce decent results, it might be worth to consider since its about 1/4 of those branded ones ...

I thought that this thread might help ppl like me considering to get a CPL at cheaper alternative.

Thanks a million

Default Re: KENKO and NISI Circular Polariser

No one seems to care about KENKO and NISI polariser ... So means everyone here go for the ex one like b+w or Hoya ??? Anyone care to share the experiences .. like I say I 'm not that particular as long as it give decent shots ....

Quote Originally Posted by TeckHua View Post
    No one seems to care about KENKO and NISI polariser ... So means everyone here go for the ex one like b+w or Hoya ??? Anyone care to share the experiences .. like I say I 'm not that particular as long as it give decent shots ....
    Most people here have not used a NISI polariser before so i guess no one can give you a review on that. It pays to have a good polarizer if you are going to use one, some of the cheaper polarizers will actually give you pictures a greenish tinge or other undesirable results. So if you want a decent polarizer and not pay so much, at least go for a hoya.

i heard of Kenko before...
    was introduced to this brand by Cathay Photo

However, I still went with Hoya (B+W is way too much a premium to pay IMO)
    Kenko shouldn't be too bad either but NISI i really dont know sorry bout that

Actually most CPLs should work just fine...
    as long as they do not decrease image quality significantly
    AND like what spree said, doesn't give a undesirable colour cast which can be hard to remove and irritating

So whether or not to spend so much on it is really up to your choice and budget.
    To help you make up your mind, if u are using a really good lens then dont scrimp on your filter and go with Hoya or even B+W
    If it's just a kit lens just go with kenko (or tokina which i used before)

hope that helps
    Last edited by jeffchanjj; 21st September 2010 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks both for your comments .... Well I thought its (CPL) not something I use regularly so its quite a waste of money to go for a premium brand when at the end of the day, I might not be able to tell much difference .. care to share how much you pay for the HOYA .. it is a slim version ??

well just stick to the popular brand u wont go wrong

kenko is still decent enough though

bought a nisi from internet , only package look nice with serial no - but the quality is soso only . so best again stick with the recommded one

Nisi , Jyc pro1d is all the same , so if i will u dont bother of these brand unless u have a budget .
    Last edited by dis28; 21st September 2010 at 05:51 PM.

These pictures are taken with a $50 HOYA polariser (58mm)

I have a Nisi CPL and it does works well. No color cast problem yet. Though doubtful of it's quality and MIC based, however, it works pretty well for a 77mm Tokina 11-16 for only $59.

Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    I have a Nisi CPL and it does works well. No color cast problem yet. Though doubtful of it's quality and MIC based, however, it works pretty well for a 77mm Tokina 11-16 for only $59.
    $59 - a bit ex , bought it at only $35 took 5 workings days to reach me pretty fast ( normally these types are copy form one another of in china just like the JYc pro 1d ( uses hoya pro 1 d names )
    Last edited by dis28; 21st September 2010 at 08:52 PM.

Hi

Where did u got it at 35 ? can share ?

Quote Originally Posted by dis28 View Post
    $59 - a bit ex , bought it at only $35 took 5 workings days to reach me pretty fast ( normally these types are copy form one another of in china just like the JYc pro 1d ( uses hoya pro 1 d names )
    You have got a good price . I did not know what is the real market price for this as this filter was still very new in CPL range. I just bought it off the counter as I think that it isn't very expensive considering it's slim and wideband range.