Thread: URGENT: Recommendation For HP Colour Laser Serviceman

Default URGENT: Recommendation For HP Colour Laser Serviceman

We have a HP ColourJet in use at home. Recently while printing, there are additional specks of black toner on the white space, making the presentation of the output look dirty.

Calling HP Service is not feasible since they only work from Monday - Friday, and both my wife and I work during the week.

As the ColourJet is about 2.5 years old and out of warranty, we have no qualms to engage an experienced third party serviceman to service this printer, on Saturday mornings.

Any recommendations?

Default Re: URGENT: Recommendation For HP Colour Laser Serviceman

Which model? You might want to replace the toner first if you have not replaced before.
    Most of the time is the toner problem.
    除了爱, 我一无所有

HP 2605dn Laser ColourJet

Have changed the toner many times - no difference - all four colours changed. Finally, we decided "enough is enough" to get it fixed

Could be the fuser unit that needs changing. But again, it's not conclusive with the information given.

Maybe u might want to call up the HP hotline to check if they still offer repair send-in service via Singpost branches.

Some years back, I send in my HP notebooks, deskstops and small laser printers from in-warranty to out-of-warranty servicing by depositing the items at Singpost branches. The items was then returned to my office after the servicing is done. Not too sure if it's still offered now.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ23 View Post
    Could be the fuser unit that needs changing. But again, it's not conclusive with the information given.

Maybe u might want to call up the HP hotline to check if they still offer repair send-in service via Singpost branches.

Some years back, I send in my HP notebooks, deskstops and small laser printers from in-warranty to out-of-warranty servicing by depositing the items at Singpost branches. The items was then returned to my office after the servicing is done. Not too sure if it's still offered now.
    I suspect the fuser is dirty, or something along the paper path is dirty.

It's a relatively huge colour laser - I doubt SingPost will take it in.