Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New member

Default Re: New member

Hi and firstly welcome to CS. This is a forum where there are really alot of resources for you to explore and learn from. Coming to conclusions like this not being an open minded forum and that members like cleon have a bad attitude is really unfair. Since you are new, I guess exploring this forum with the different categories of threads would be beneficial. For your case, the price guide would be useful.

If you click the outings category, you would see that cleon have organized many outings to help junior members. Though I do not know him, he must be helpful if not so many others wouldn't have joined the outings. Please go around and read up before coming to conclusions, for that's being narrow minded.

I am new too, and I find this forum helpful and fine, so please enjoy your stay here
    Canon 5D Mark III | 5D Mark II | 24-70L | 70-200L II | 50 f/1.4 USM | 580EXII |

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peterhone View Post
    Cleon bus....hope all members attitudes are not the same as yours...it sucks! A terrible attitude towards any member let alone a new one.....thanks!

To the other replies....thanks for all your help and decent attitudes
    Look who's talking about attitude? What a joke you are. There is a price guide section for god's sake. The least u can do is to search or go down to shops to ask. Yes it tedious but i do that too other than refering to price guide.

I think you were being very rude. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Blog Entries

My apologies....I thought it maybe a bit more of an open minded forum, with friendlier attitudes, my mistake.
    I can admit being wrong.
    You are horrible. I've had memers here who dont know me personally giving me advices and criticism. Who is the narrow minded one? Its you. Stop blaming the world. You are the one who cant accept criticism. I seen so many fellow newcomers who have such humble attitude when criticised but u amaze me with your arrogance.
    Last edited by nitewalk; 20th September 2010 at 12:52 PM.

CHILL GUYS, relax..... anyway

For photoshop classes, hmm u can try http://www.acetraining.com.sg/

I've been to one of their sessions and i find them really professional : )

Hi all....
    am a new member here, been in Singapore 4 years....have D90 and looking for two pieces of help....
    who runs elements/photoshop classes?
    How much and where best to buy tamron 18-270 lens?

Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk View Post
    You are horrible. I've had memers here who dont know me personally giving me advices and criticism. Who is the narrow minded one? Its you. Stop blaming the world. You are the one who cant accept criticism. I seen so many fellow newcomers who have such humble attitude when criticised but u amaze me with your arrogance.

I think you come across as an overprotected kid. Grow up. The world don't live for you. Start walking instead of being carried around. I saw no wrong in the way cleonbus replied you. You need to be more open minded.

Ironically, some say singaporeans are narrow.
    Hey chill dude, you are getting a bit too worked up over this. The purpose of this forum is for us to help each other out, so lets all move on alrite?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Hey chill dude, you are getting a bit too worked up over this. The purpose of this forum is for us to help each other out, so lets all move on alrite?
    Can't stand pampered kids who blame the world when they don't work hard enough. Yea but i agree i should chill. Haha.

to peterhone,

welcome to CS,
    cleonbus is correct, there is no BEST shop to buy camera gears, as each member do have preference, and sometime they won't click along with some salespersons.

you can check out the lens price info and shop location and contact from Tamron/Tokina/Sigma Lenses Price Lists (Singapore) from July 2007, for stock check and latest price info you have to call them individually.

to all others members,

don't presume anything, check profile first before you post, don't make a fool on yourself.

and lasting,
    be nice to everybody in the forum, do some reflection on your posts, retract whatever you don't wish to say by editing the post, anymore names calling or rude comments will issue infractions.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Welcome to CS

1)You can take a look at the Workshops/Tutorials and classes forum

2)There is NO best shop to buy from.Please go and do your own homework and don't expect us to find the prices for you cos shops are equipped with a telephone and they have email too...
    What do you call the quote above...regarding phones and email other than obnoxious or possibly an answer from that of a jumped up child?
    I do believe being polite is not difficult and I was thinking that people would read between the lines and share experiences on my question....I was not asking anyone to go and do the work for me.....as I said a very narrow minded reply was given.
    I asked a civil question....and I am not asking you to admit you were obnoxious as I have already admitted my mistake, if you refer to my previous answer.

What do you call the quote above...regarding phones and email other than obnoxious or possibly an answer from that of a jumped up child?
    I do believe being polite is not difficult and I was thinking that people would read between the lines and share experiences on my question....I was not asking anyone to go and do the work for me.....as I said a very narrow minded reply was given.
    I asked a civil question....and I am not asking you to admit you were obnoxious as I have already admitted my mistake, if you refer to my previous answer.
    Hi peterhone as mentioned by catchlights

"be nice to everybody in the forum, do some reflection on your posts, retract whatever you don't wish to say by editing the post, anymore names calling or rude comments will issue infractions."

i believe of your age. This kind of things let's forget it and move on. Its a small matter anyway don't blow it up over this kind of things. ^^
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

I have dealt with Willy Foo, sorry, his attitude is amazing and so helpful, set myself up that people here would be the same.

I have 4 lenses, but am looking to get rid of two and replace with one....18-270, but maybe cheaper to buy in the UK and get the tax back when I go in a couple of weeks....
    I think on the whole lenses are cheaper in the UK and even better still when you get 15% VAT back at the airport??
    Thanks for the course link..will give them a try.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    to peterhone,

welcome to CS,
    cleonbus is correct, there is no BEST shop to buy camera gears, as each member do have preference, and sometime they won't click along with some salespersons.

you can check out the lens price info and shop location and contact from Tamron/Tokina/Sigma Lenses Price Lists (Singapore) from July 2007, for stock check and latest price info you have to call them individually.

to all others members,

don't presume anything, check profile first before you post, don't make a fool on yourself.

and lasting,
    be nice to everybody in the forum, do some reflection on your posts, retract whatever you don't wish to say by editing the post, anymore names calling or rude comments will issue infractions.
    Yes but i believe the Tamron price guide hasn't been updated for some time?

@nitewalk: Chill lah bro

I have dealt with Willy Foo, sorry, his attitude is amazing and so helpful, set myself up that people here would be the same.

I have 4 lenses, but am looking to get rid of two and replace with one....18-270, but maybe cheaper to buy in the UK and get the tax back when I go in a couple of weeks....
    I think on the whole lenses are cheaper in the UK and even better still when you get 15% VAT back at the airport??
    Thanks for the course link..will give them a try.
    If you pay me handsomely, my attitude can also be amazing and helpful
    I will even accompany you on your lens shopping so you can get the best deal.
    Exploring! :)

For anyone's info...it appears cheaper in the uk...much cheaper, can get the 18-270 lens for 828.498 sgd, then also get 15% duty back on way out of UK.....looks like best bet for this boy!

For anyone's info...it appears cheaper in the uk...much cheaper, can get the 18-270 lens for 828.498 sgd, then also get 15% duty back on way out of UK.....looks like best bet for this boy!
    Well, it would be even cheaper in Hong Kong, selling at aound 760sgd.

Blog Entries

Willy Foo is very pleasant to you because he is also a mature adult, and you probably paid him good money for his wonderful courses. Which means, he will give you good customer service. Just good business I'll say, since he is in the service line.

You are almost 50 years old - a very mature adult. Why bear a grudge against a 15 year old boy? Why get so hard up over what a 15 year old boy said? 不要跟小孩子过不去. Don't lower yourself to that same level of immaturity that is normal for a boy his age.

Just my 2 cents.

Blog Entries

You might want to do some price check in HK

http://www.price.com.hk/

And in UK, be careful as some sellers are selling grey sets without warranty.

Let's move on . . . as CS family . . .

See those smiley faces ? we use them often as it shows that we are nice. So don't read between lines . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Agreed, a a day, makes a happy day.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

I am from UK...and going to most notorious camera shop...Jessops, good price, VAT refund as have permit here....Happy days!
    Unfortunately I am not going to hong kong....but London,Glasgow and Spain....so Jessops in London it is!
    Paying Willy has nothing to do with his attitude, he is a genuinely good guy.
    Whether a 15yr old boy or not, I did not take offence and was only pointing out how others may see it too.....positive criticism? I am a member of a great forum elsewhere and have never seen anything near the remark I was given.....nor would anyone ever see it....hopefully the wee boy can learn too as adults usually learn this sort of thing a bit quicker as...'we know, we do not know it all'

Blog Entries

I am from UK...and going to most notorious camera shop...Jessops, good price, VAT refund as have permit here....Happy days!
    Unfortunately I am not going to hong kong....but London,Glasgow and Spain....so Jessops in London it is!
    Paying Willy has nothing to do with his attitude, he is a genuinely good guy.
    Whether a 15yr old boy or not, I did not take offence and was only pointing out how others may see it too.....positive criticism? I am a member of a great forum elsewhere and have never seen anything near the remark I was given.....nor would anyone ever see it....hopefully the wee boy can learn too as adults usually learn this sort of thing a bit quicker as...'we know, we do not know it all'
    Well, all I'm saying is, why bother? ignore if you don't like it. We all had our run ins with different kinds of people.

Don't have to slug it out with a kid. Just kids dude. Boys will be boys.

BTW, I've seen a lot worse in dpreview.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast