Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: random daily irritants

Default Re: random daily irritants

A row of people combing the overhead bridge from rail to rail as if it is a one-way traffic...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

The ungracious attitude of Singaporeans. We should have a much more gracious society and definitely need it more in the public place.

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    A row of people combing the overhead bridge from rail to rail as if it is a one-way traffic...
    Same as my housing estate. Force me until i have to walk to the extreme left or right hand side until I have to hit the green rubbish bin, wait for the combing to pass by before I continue my way again haha

Since the day's winding down, here are some irritants to help with your article/assignment

Irritants during daily commute:

1. the Dr Jekyll & Mr/Ms Hyde: 上车时象成龙, 上车后象林黛玉
    2. the sardine-packing experts: uncles and aunties who can always squeeze that little bit more space out of that loaded MRT/bus to accommodate themselves
    3. the knowledge hungry: who die die must read newspapers in a crowded train while draping the papers on anyone in their way of enlightenment
    4. the mystical slumber-land race: who fall under the slumber spell once their magical butt touches the magical seat and always successfully break that spell just before their destination
    5. the revised-newton's 3rd law hedgehog: for every action there is a multiplied reaction - the slightest contact will induce a wild defensive display of physical prowess to bump off any encroaching offender

griping for fun, actually i'm pretty used to it already and can't ask for too much since i chose not to pay the premium for a cab or to own a car, but since you asked for suggestions...

Irritants on CS forum (summarizing from observation what irritates pple)

1. Trolls
    2. Rude folks
    3. People who don't know Mr Google
    4. Know-it-alls who can't take a different view

Irritants for some other general areas:

1. Customer service staff
    2. Telemarketers
    3. MILs
    4. the other half (after the honeymoon period)

must clarify first in case my other half (or MIL) is browsing here, all in the spirit of fun! I think if you will find lots to expand on if you zoom into any one area. Hope the info helps in your assignment!

yay Pang Gang liao...
    Slow...yeah, steady... not really
    My Flickr | APAD2010

so many irritants how to list all?

- slow computers at school
    - people chop seat by putting tissue pack
    - people refuse to move into bus, hogging at the entrance and causing others unable to board the bus
    - people who talk loudly
    - period
    - I find that taking bus to school is a pain - the crowds,the frequency, the wait, the journey
    - teenagers who think the world revolve around and scream at everything that dun live up to their expectation
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

Let's leave religion out of it.

Please.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CamInit View Post
    "Got ghost in the rear of the bus" syndrome...
    Ya in the army we used to call it CLUSTERF***ING... Everyone crowding at the damn entrance of the bus, and you're thinking oh man the bus is so crowded, then you board the bus and realise the ENTIRE middle and rear of the bus is COMPLETELY empty...

Oh another irritant would be those old aunty types pushing/shoving/elbowing and muay-thaiing their way up the bus/ into the train...
    “Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.”

Quote Originally Posted by JinnyLim View Post
    The ungracious attitude of Singaporeans. We should have a much more gracious society and definitely need it more in the public place.
    and the damned "please start queuing" song isn't gonna help... When are the people behind such ideas gonna get a clue... ARGH!
    “Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.”

Quote Originally Posted by suicyde240 View Post
    and the damned "please start queuing" song isn't gonna help... When are the people behind such ideas gonna get a clue... ARGH!

Well... if they can't communicate to your better side and ask you to 'play' nice.... next time use Cattle Prod lor.

Since Singaporean demand a more gracious S'pore, but can't seems to take personal responsibility to be more gracious.... then Cattle Prods, Fines, Nagging would have to continue..... and then there will be more 'Random Daily Irritant' and the same people would once again ask 'Why Can't We Be Gracious'..... and the circle turns round & round. Let He Who Is Without Sin.... Cast The First Stone.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    people who can't Q up properly while waiting for train to arrive at station platform is even more irritating.
    Yes... somehow a lot of these irritants revolve around MRTs and it's passengers.

I can't tahan those people whom everyone in front of them is obviously alighting yet they have to push their way to the front before the train has stopped and door opened.

excuse me to the lady walking in front of me , i know your hair is long but sweeping it up down left right all the dust onto me OR my face isn't pleasant action and not sexy dont assume there will be shampoo coy asking u to be their spoken person! ... irritating woman with long hair.
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by suicyde240 View Post
    Ya in the army we used to call it CLUSTERF***ING... Everyone crowding at the damn entrance of the bus, and you're thinking oh man the bus is so crowded, then you board the bus and realise the ENTIRE middle and rear of the bus is COMPLETELY empty...

Oh another irritant would be those old aunty types pushing/shoving/elbowing and muay-thaiing their way up the bus/ into the train...
    I thought it's more of the double deck. Every time the top deck is empty while the bottom is packed like a train.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12