Thread: what do u define as FINE photography......

Default what do u define as FINE photography......

just wanna see the general response....
    this qn got me into thinking more abt my photography and i guess is currently taking shape as well se before i define my take i'd like to hear from you seniors!

Default Re: what do u define as FINE photography......

I would guess fine photography is a portrayal of great artistic vision or visual response from the viewer?

you mean fine art?

otherwise, my answer will be that fine photography is when i set the JPG settings on my camera to Fine.

Photos taken on a fine day?

If you when feel good about taking certain photos, that will be Fine photography.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

or perhaps you get "Fine" of taking certain photos, or in certain way, that also consider FINE photography.

You get fined for taking the photos in a place where no photography is allowed.
    (just noticed cathclights got same idea and posted about same time too)

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    or perhaps you get "Fine" of taking certain photos, or in certain way, that also consider FINE photography.
    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    You get fined for taking the photos in a place where no photography is allowed.
    (just noticed cathclights got same idea and posted about same time too)
    HAHA!!! wa... driving got fine, litter got fine, spitting fine, smoking fine, now photography also got FINE aldy... singapore is really a FINE country!!
    HAHA... what i meant was Good/ Professional photog... wat do u guys see/ notice in a gd photo/ photographer! haha maybe by sharing we call can learn...

Like... a friendly disposition is definitely important in photography to make ur subjects comfortable and relaxed for a natural shoot- I think shots that are natural and shots that flow looks best to me....

Blog Entries

singapore is a fine country. wad thing we do is not fine one?

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    singapore is a fine country. wad thing we do is not fine one?
    apparently, study hard, work hard, produce more off spring are Fine things to do now, and our country will be Fine, and nobody will get Fined.

This is photography with a social conscience to try and change something with an image. You can call it fine or whatever you want.

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?imgu...ed=0CBwQ9QEwAA

Because he risked taking such photos to expose the problem, the late W Eugene Smith got beaten up badly.

Quote from Wiki:
    "However, it was a dramatic photographic essay by W. Eugene Smith that brought world attention to Minamata disease. He and his Japanese wife lived in Minamata from 1971 to 1973. The most famous and striking photo of the essay, Tomoko Uemura in Her Bath, (1972) shows Ryoko Uemura, holding her severely deformed daughter, Tomoko, in a Japanese bath chamber. Tomoko was poisoned by methylmercury while still in the womb. The photo was very widely published. It was posed by Smith with the cooperation of Ryoko and Tomoko in order to dramatically illustrate the consequences of the disease. It has subsequently been withdrawn from circulation at the request of Tomoko's family, and therefore does not appear in recent anthologies of Smith's works.[33] Smith and his wife were extremely dedicated to the cause of the victims of Minamata disease, closely documenting their struggle for recognition and right to compensation. Smith was himself attacked and seriously injured by Chisso employees in an incident in Goi, Ichihara city, near Tokyo on January 7, 1972, in an attempt to stop the photographer from further revealing the issue to the world.[34] The 54 year-old Smith survived the attack, but his sight in one eye deteriorated and his health never fully recovered before his death in 1978."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minamata_disease
    Last edited by ricohflex; 19th September 2010 at 10:38 PM.