Thread: Cokin filter P series

Default Cokin filter P series

hi bros and sis. I am thinking of getting the cokin P series filter set for my current lens.

At the moment, I have 2 lens using 58mm filter and I and considering getting a wide angle lens in the near future 77mm filter size. I think I need to get another ring to fit the 77mm.

Will the P series have any vignetting on the wide angle lens with 77mm filter? Or should I get the Z-pro series that is bigger?

Any advise on this?

Default Re: Cokin filter P series

Quote Originally Posted by Jennyfur80 View Post
    hi bros and sis. I am thinking of getting the cokin P series filter set for my current lens.

At the moment, I have 2 lens using 58mm filter and I and considering getting a wide angle lens in the near future 77mm filter size. I think I need to get another ring to fit the 77mm.

Will the P series have any vignetting on the wide angle lens with 77mm filter? Or should I get the Z-pro series that is bigger?

Any advise on this?
    It depends how wide angle the lens will be, and also the construction of the lens.

Just for your info: I do get vignetting at 12mm on my Tokina 12-24, when using with the Cokin P holder (wide-angle one, with only 1 slot).
    I heard that the Sigma 10-20 doesn't vignet with this same holder at 10mm, so I guess the construction plays a part.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    It depends how wide angle the lens will be, and also the construction of the lens.

Just for your info: I do get vignetting at 12mm on my Tokina 12-24, when using with the Cokin P holder (wide-angle one, with only 1 slot).
    I heard that the Sigma 10-20 doesn't vignet with this same holder at 10mm, so I guess the construction plays a part.
    Hi, thank you for the input. I am considering the Canon EFS 10-22mm or the Sigma 10-20. Guess I have to try out before buying the holder to safer

Deregistered

If you are getting the Z-Pro, the holder can be installed in reverse.
    Download the manual below:
    http://www.cokin.fr/cokin-data/news-...Z-PRO-site.pdf

At Step.3, it did mentioned you can install the holder the other way but it can only hold one filter. The filter will be nearer to your front element thus eliminating the vignetting.

Though I'm not sure whether the P-series can do the same.
    Hope the above info helps.

Blog Entries

Not sure about the Cokin Z-pro filters, but the Cokin and Tianya P filters will give you color casts when stacked or when using high density ND in certain light conditions. You can read more and see examples here: http://darthbertz.blogspot.com/2010/...by-nd-and.html

If you go for Cokin Z-pro holder, you can also use Hitech or Lee 4" (100mm) filters, both of which do not give much color casts.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 18th September 2010 at 07:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wahsehman View Post
    Though I'm not sure whether the P-series can do the same.
    Hope the above info helps.
    P series cannot reverse mount.

If you go for Cokin Z-pro holder
    Not asking to be spoonfeed but can't find prices for the above. What is the street price for the above?

When getting the Cokin filter, shop sell individual or do they sell in series/package?

Thanks pls don't bomb me cos I been reading up on filters these few days and seems that Cokin is my choice.

Last question, should be easy to install n unstall 1 right the holder??

Thanks agn.
    Last edited by notsoclever; 21st September 2010 at 12:12 PM.
    Ain't too clever but definitely not stupid. Hey guys, just wanna learn....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by notsoclever View Post
    Not asking to be spoonfeed but can't find prices for the above. What is the street price for the above?

When getting the Cokin filter, shop sell individual or do they sell in series/package?

Thanks pls don't bomb me cos I been reading up on filters these few days and seems that Cokin is my choice.

Last question, should be easy to install n unstall 1 right the holder??

Thanks agn.
    Z-pro holder/filters are not very common/popular. Your best bet will be to give Cathay Photo a call. They are the official distributor for Cokin products in Singapore.

Cokin filters are usually sold per piece. They do offer some package (eg. Landscape starter kit) but those are all P series so far I've seen.