Thread: Canon Product Training

Default Canon Product Training

Hello guys! I just signed up for the Complimentary Product Training for my 550D!

Just wanna know some info and opinions on it.

What is it like? How do they teach? What do they teach? Is it one to one? Is it effective?

Please share your honest inputs and opinions ^^

Default Re: Canon Product Training

You already signed up, so why not go and find out?
    Alpha

It is a product introduction training.

Don't expect a photography training. The trainer will probably give you some tips on shooting, but do expect to know your Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO well first.

I won't say a let down, but knowing your camera well is one of the best things to know when attempting to take a good picture.

It's 2 hours if I'm not wrong, and during the presentation, go ahead and shoot the slides for your reference later.

Cheers!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

It's a "know-your-camera" session, not "how-to-take-photograph" session. More suitable for newbies. Good if you are the type that never bothers to read the manual. It's also useful if you already know something about your camera and wants to discuss face-to-face instead of online. Or interested in joining in their overseas photography trips organized by Canon.

Yupx.. as the previous seniors had mentioned, its more of getting to know ur camera.. there's hardly anything taught about photography (if any at all).. but I guess it'll help a lot especially for ppl who don't read their manuals.. they carry out the training mainly with slides but they will demonstrate on the cam as well.. also, its a group training.. so I think u better go there slightly early to get a good spot to sit first.. cox tat time I went, it was really crowded.. maybe cox a lot ppl buy from comex.. haha.. I should have signed up as soon as I bought my cam..
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

Its a full technical training. They'll teach u how to operate ur cam. The newer cams have many functions.. some are embedded inside menus etc... they'll teach u how to navigate to get those functions.

Good for those who r touching their cams for the first time and dont like to read the user manuals haha!

Just go for it dude : )

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    It is a product introduction training.

Don't expect a photography training. The trainer will probably give you some tips on shooting, but do expect to know your Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO well first.

I won't say a let down, but knowing your camera well is one of the best things to know when attempting to take a good picture.

It's 2 hours if I'm not wrong, and during the presentation, go ahead and shoot the slides for your reference later.

Cheers!

you mean they allowed you to shoot the slides?

oh! i see...

Actually, the trainer was the one who encouraged us to shoot the slides.. just make sure ur flash is turned off tho.. otherwise the trainer would be blind at the end of the 2 hours
    Last edited by Diluted; 19th September 2010 at 09:42 AM.
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

i just buy my 1 thousand d at the courts, how to go for the product train?

Quote Originally Posted by rickymartin View Post
    i just buy my 1 thousand d at the courts, how to go for the product train?
    Register here:
    http://digitallab.canon.com.sg/complimentary.html

Quote Originally Posted by Diluted View Post
    Actually, the trainer was the one who encouraged us to shoot the slides.. just make sure ur flash is turned off tho.. otherwise the trainer would be blunder at the end of the 2 hours

oh iz it?!

i see...

thanks for the info!