Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rayovac 1hr Charger

Originally posted by ultramagnus

Hi Kho King
    can u tell me where to get the above package? also, where's W3, if u happen to know. thanks.
    He got it from W Cube. The promotion date for the Rayovac Charger + Sanyo Batteries Promotion ends at the end of July. Grab it fast.

btw, W Cube is located at Grandlink Square, few minutes walk from Paya Lebar MRT Station.

qhelix
    Guests

Or you could take a look at their website, have some info abt bus routes in case you're interested. The shop was much smaller than expected though, was quite suprised when I went there about a week ago.

Revenant & Qhelix
    thanks alot for your quick replies.

wah...before I can reply you got the answer already...

Don't forget to click on the "PROMOTION" to get the deal you want.
    DR KOH KHO KING

Midnight
    Guests

I got the Rayovac charger yesterday from W Cube. So far it's been great and works as advertised, fully charging my 1600mAh batteries in about an hour. Haven't had the opportunity to try out the Sanyo 1850mAh batteries bundled with the charged by W Cube though.

One question... seeing as how I now own this charger, what would be the best option for getting it to work in the US? I asked the guy at W Cube about this, but he said that there is no demand for the American AC/DC adaptor for the charger so they don't carry it locally. Is there some kind of 110V->230V AC transformer (with the appropriate power plugs/sockets) that I can get to plug in the existing Rayovac adaptor when I'm in the US?

Originally posted by Kho King
    wah...before I can reply you got the answer already...

Don't forget to click on the "PROMOTION" to get the deal you want.
    thanks anyway. I got the charger from W3 yesterday. Must agree that it's a damn good charger, charging the 4 sanyo batteries in about an hour as claimed. Really worth buying.

btw, W3 is really a small shop, smaller than a 3-rm flat bed rm. almost gave up when hunting for the shop. And, if u happen to go to the place, there's this 'Smelly Tofu' across the street, another must try!

Midnight
    Guests

Originally posted by ultramagnus
    btw, W3 is really a small shop, smaller than a 3-rm flat bed rm. almost gave up when hunting for the shop.
    Yup, but since most of the shop lots in Grandlink Square are still vacant, it's not too hard finding the few shops that are actually operating.

Anyway, I fully agree about the charger (just got mine yesterday too). Excellent performance indeed so far.

Midnight
    Guests

Originally posted by Midnight
    IOne question... seeing as how I now own this charger, what would be the best option for getting it to work in the US? I asked the guy at W Cube about this, but he said that there is no demand for the American AC/DC adaptor for the charger so they don't carry it locally. Is there some kind of 110V->230V AC transformer (with the appropriate power plugs/sockets) that I can get to plug in the existing Rayovac adaptor when I'm in the US?
    Ok, since there have been no replies to my question, I take it that there aren't a lot of people here who are concerned about this particular problem.

Nonetheless, in case anyone who reads this thread in the future ever needs to know, I emailed Rayovac and their rep told me that although they do not officially market the American AC adapter for their PS4 charger separately, they would be happy to send me the AC adapter once I am in the USA for a fee of US$5. Pretty neat arrangement and customer support, IMHO.

qhelix
    Guests

Ok, since there have been no replies to my question, I take it that there aren't a lot of people here who are concerned about this particular problem.

Nonetheless, in case anyone who reads this thread in the future ever needs to know, I emailed Rayovac and their rep told me that although they do not officially market the American AC adapter for their PS4 charger separately, they would be happy to send me the AC adapter once I am in the USA for a fee of US$5. Pretty neat arrangement and customer support, IMHO.
    I suppose you've already tried looking around for a converter?

when i was in Taiwan (they use 110v with same adapter) , i borrowed the set down transformer from the hotel, which cost about S$7-8.

it works well with my rayovac.........

Cool. I am in the reverse position. I am considering whether to buy the Rayovacs in US and buy the 220-240v adapter in Singapore if that's possible.

why not buy a charger that can take 110-240 without an adapter?

Originally posted by chaotic

Cool. I am in the reverse position. I am considering whether to buy the Rayovacs in US and buy the 220-240v adapter in Singapore if that's possible.

Midnight
    Guests

Hehe, that's interesting. Maybe we can swap AC/DC adaptors and solve both our problems at no extra expense.

Btw, are you in Singapore? If so, I think you might want to just get the charger locally since the price saving is probably quite marginal (typical US price is US$25, vs. S$49.90 at W Cube) and moreover you will have to contend with this adaptor problem. It's probably a lot harder to resolve the adaptor thingy here since Rayovac doesn't have an office here.

Midnight
    Guests

Originally posted by qhelix

I suppose you've already tried looking around for a converter?
    Any idea where to get a good but cheap AC transformer? I'm definitely open to this option, but the cheapest I found at Sim Lim Square early last week was listed at around S$13. Compared to that, getting the official Rayovac adaptor for US$5 (including shipping within the US) sounds like a much better deal, especially since there will be no reliability or compatibility concerns.

i am not in singapore... am still looking for a good 110-240v charger... any1 to recommend?

rayovacs are easily availalble in big stores in us ... however w3cube told me they don't sell adapter separately so it's not wise for me to buy it here since i am NOT staying here permanently.
    Last edited by chaotic; 8th August 2002 at 07:33 AM.

Midnight
    Guests

i am not in singapore... am still looking for a good 110-240v charger... any1 to recommend?
    I know of two rapid smart chargers that are very well-regarded: the Lightning Pack 4000 and Ansmann Powerline 4. Both are very compact and can accept variable voltages directly, but they are also significantly slower than the Rayovac PS4.

Maybe you can contact Rayovac and see if they can help you get their 230V AC adaptor?

Are there any good chargers that work both 220-240v and 110v too? it's more convenient for travelling.
    Ansmann PowerLine 4.
    http://www.ansmann.de/

Unfortunately availablity outside of Europe seems a little low.

It is not quite as fast as the Rayovac, but it doen't heat up the batteries so much either.

It also appears to come with multiple plug adaptors for international use.

Midnight
    Guests

Nonetheless, in case anyone who reads this thread in the future ever needs to know, I emailed Rayovac and their rep told me that although they do not officially market the American AC adapter for their PS4 charger separately, they would be happy to send me the AC adapter once I am in the USA for a fee of US$5.
    Just for the record, as a follow-up to my earlier post above, I was informed by the Rayovac rep that they are sending me the American AC/DC adaptor for the PS4 charger completely free of charge, i.e. without the US$5 fee that was quoted to me earlier. I must say that I am very impressed by the high standard of customer service the company displayed during my email interaction with them. One more reason to support their products, on top of the excellent quality of the products themselves. If only such experiences were the norm here in Singapore!

just for the record too, I bought the sony battery charger because it was easily available in the store and it works with almost all voltages. and I don't really need the battery fully charged in 1 hour.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast