Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rayovac 1hr Charger

Originally posted by ckiang

As far as I know, Rayovac only has 1600mAh batteries. They costs $9.90 per pair, or $17.90 for 4, so it's not too expensive. This is an intelligent charger, so it will handle 1800mAh and above without problems, just that it might take slightly over an hour to fully charge them.

Regards
    CK
    Hmm... in that case think I'll get the Sanyo 1850mAh batteries from mustafa (4 for $14+ I think) to go with the Rayovac 1hr charger.

I happened to have 1700mh batts. Can charge with this charger? Thanks!!

Originally posted by ziploc

Hmm... in that case think I'll get the Sanyo 1850mAh batteries from mustafa (4 for $14+ I think) to go with the Rayovac 1hr charger.
    Get the Rayovac charger, which has 2 free Rayovacs, then just buy 2 more Rayovac batteries. that will give you a set of 4 Rayovac batteries. Otherwise, the 2 free ones are not quite useful, and you probably won't want to mix with other brands/ratings either.

Note that the Sanyo 1850mAh batteries might be fake. There are 2 other threads on this, you can search it out.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by anokewee
    Yup. Any NiMH or NiCd batteries can be charged. Caveat is that if you charge > 1600mAh batteries, it might take a little over an hour.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ziploc

AP selling one for $3.50, needa bargain a bit or tell them someone bought it at that price else they will quote you $4 I think. So, 4 for $14.

Originally posted by anokewee
    Note : An intelligent charger is able to charge any capacity of battery.

konei
    Guests

I have both the Rayovac and Sony fast chargers.

The Rayovac is really fast but also really hot. I cannot hold the batteries for long after the charging which means that the battery temperatures are above 70 degC. Because of its heat, it has caused some peeling on a few of my batteries' label. But Rayovac batteries are OK (won't peel). But the charger is really bulky and heavy.

The Sony charger looks good, is very light and is universal. Though its charging speed is lower (about 3 hours for 4 high capacity AA), it is much cooler than the Rayovac and I am never in such a hurry in the first place since my batteries are normally charged and just need top up before use. Contary to some posts, my Sony charger will switch off after some minutes if I recharge my fully charged batteries. I cannot reconcile that because people keep saying that the Sony charger is a time based one.

I use the Rayovac when I need to charge odd numbers of batteries.

Rayovac, it has termometer to cut off if overheat right? 70 degree celcius is really high...I thought a normal range is 40 degree +-.
    DR KOH KHO KING

Steve's Digicams "Both the Maha C204F and Rayovac 1 hour chargers are up around 145 degrees; making the batteries quite hot to the touch." (Farenheit, so convert to celsius is about 60+) Also, assuming that US room temp is about 20 celsius vs Singapore room temp of 27 celsius, would not be surprised if it reached 70 deg in singapore....

Anyway, I just bought the GP Rapid 4 hour charger + 6 1600 rechargeable + 4 alkaline (free) for $44.90. Hopefully nice and cool

Talking Rayovac

How do the Rayovac batteries perform in the long term?

Am very experienced with the GP & Sony 'AAs' and chargers (fast & slow) but yet to try Rayovac.

Fast chargers can shorten the life of the batteries depending on the make.

Will be keen to hear from you about their durability.

BTW, Sim Lim shops are selling the 1-hr chargers too! I saw them but did not dare try.

Price wise should be about same as Carrefours.

Carrefour's price was at 79.90 in early June.. last week i went, down to 59.90..

Originally posted by shawntim
    Carrefour's price was at 79.90 in early June.. last week i went, down to 59.90..
    W Cube selling at $49.90 nia.

Rayovac Charger + Sanyo Batteries Promotion = S$60 nett!

Sanyo 1850mAh NiMH Batteries

the standard charger package already includes 2 Rayovac 1600maH AA NiMH Batteries
    DR KOH KHO KING

Default rayovac charger faulty in some articles? is tis true?

hi guys,
    can help mi verify tis. i read in some article tt some rayovac chargers are faulty and will cause the charger to melt?
    is tis true?

cheers

Default Re: rayovac charger faulty in some articles? is tis true?

Originally posted by ah_fu
    hi guys,
    can help mi verify tis. i read in some article tt some rayovac chargers are faulty and will cause the charger to melt?
    is tis true?

cheers
    Not true at all........

have heard of such cases on the web b4, and heard of one case but rayovac did honor the gurantee... so not really a big issue there....

qhelix
    Guests

Originally posted by revenant

W Cube selling at $49.90 nia.
    Dang! I'm gonna get those tomorrow!

Wink

Sorry to interupt, but does anyone know where I can get a GP PowerBank charger for cheap?

Don't need those batteries.

Thanks.

I need one urgently

Midnight
    Guests

Btw, can anyone here recommend a good smart NiMH AA battery charger (available locally) that will work both locally and in the US? I will be leaving soon to stay in the US for several years, and my old GP PowerBank doesn't support US voltages. Sigh.

Originally posted by Kho King
    Rayovac Charger + Sanyo Batteries Promotion = S$60 nett!

Sanyo 1850mAh NiMH Batteries

the standard charger package already includes 2 Rayovac 1600maH AA NiMH Batteries
    Hi Kho King
    can u tell me where to get the above package? also, where's W3, if u happen to know. thanks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast