Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rayovac 1hr Charger

oh! one more thing to add a set of rayovacs drain by my olympus till low batt takes only 55 mins to recharge........

Originally posted by looteer
    Q: Can I leave my batteries in the charger after they have been charged?
    A: After charging, you may leave NiMH batteries in the 1-Hour Charger until you are ready to use them. A "trickle charge" maintenance current will keep the batteries topped off - completely charged and ready to use.

source: http://www.rayovac.com/products/rech...imh_faqs.shtml

i strongly recommend this charger at 49.90, what are you guys waiting for?? i got mine at 79.90!!!

sony one hour what?!! alamak.... don't waste your time.....

anyway, my experience is that if you fully drain a 1600mah rayovac batteries with a tap light....(low batt indicated by camera is low power for camera but still lots of juice left for tap light!!) it will take about 1 hr & 7 mins to recharge...... i m not complaining.....
    That's good to hear. Thanks for the pointer! I wonder how come it's not mentioned in the manual.

This is highly recommended at $49.90. Forget the Sony.

Regards
    CK

Only if I haven bought the MW Compact Intelligent...still, no complaint for the CI charger at just S$28 during promotion. Took about 3 hours to fully charge a set of 1700mAh batteries. If charge 4 batteries, need 6 hours. It charges one set first (the other set on waiting mode). Current price is S$40, and I will go for Royovac for sure at this price.
    DR KOH KHO KING

Default Re: Rayovac 1hr Charger

Originally posted by ckiang
    Hi,

Finally bought this when Carrefour is selling it at $49.90 (as opposed to the originally pricey $79.90). Also bought 2 Rayovac 1600mAh NiMH batteries to make a set of 4 (with the 2 free ones).
    so is Carrefour still selling it at this price ? so how much did you spend in all getting the charger and the 4 batteries ?

http://www.steves-digicams.com/rayovac_nimh.html

Is this the charger?

This one also seems quite impressive for US$24.95 (110-240v)
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/lightning4000.html
    Last edited by erwinx; 28th May 2002 at 02:23 AM.

The lightning 4000 is good! even has a discharge function.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

My charger does have discharge and trickle functions.

The point is that NiMH batteries does not need discharge .
    Olympus C2100 X3 - E100RS - C220
    IS/L lenses ALL :-D

the lightning charger looks cool, is it available in singapore?

Does the charger comes with a separate transformer? I'm thinking of getting one this evening. Sick of my 16-hour sony..

i'm thinking of using the rayovac charger and batteries later this year for my US trip. you think there'll be any problems or any issues i should take note of ?

Originally posted by shawntim
    i'm thinking of using the rayovac charger and batteries later this year for my US trip. you think there'll be any problems or any issues i should take note of ?
    Rayovac using local voltage adapter but US's voltage is different from us. Theirs is 120V. So don't think you can.

Originally posted by erwinx
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/rayovac_nimh.html

Is this the charger?
    Yes, that's the charger.

Originally posted by chaotic
    the lightning charger looks cool, is it available in singapore?
    No.

Originally posted by anokewee
    Does the charger comes with a separate transformer? I'm thinking of getting one this evening. Sick of my 16-hour sony..
    The charger comes as a charger unit + AC/DC adaptor. Not a self-contained unit tho.

Regards
    CK

ckiang,

How much is the Rayovac 1600mAh NiMH batteries? Do they have 1800mAh ones? If so can they be charged in the charger you mentioned?

Originally posted by ziploc
    ckiang,

How much is the Rayovac 1600mAh NiMH batteries? Do they have 1800mAh ones? If so can they be charged in the charger you mentioned?
    As far as I know, Rayovac only has 1600mAh batteries. They costs $9.90 per pair, or $17.90 for 4, so it's not too expensive. This is an intelligent charger, so it will handle 1800mAh and above without problems, just that it might take slightly over an hour to fully charge them.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by revenant

Rayovac using local voltage adapter but US's voltage is different from us. Theirs is 120V. So don't think you can.
    Is there some sort of adaptor that can make it usable worldwide? BTW what the voltage for this charger?

Originally posted by ziploc
    ckiang,

The Rayovac 1600mAH NiMH batteries are $9 for 2, $17 for 4 at W Cube. Not sure about other place selling it.

Don't think there's Rayovac 1800mAH batteries.

Is there some sort of adaptor that can make it usable worldwide? BTW what the voltage for this charger?
    The adapter is 230V ~ 50Hz.

is it usable with the $40 round disc-like multi adaptor sold in most DIY stores ? if cannot use then quite difficult to bring overseas leh.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast