Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting a photography business?

Default Re: Starting a photography business?

Starting as a team is easy, easier than your partner playing you out and screwing with you one fine day. Any artistic endevours running as a group will be heading towards clashes of egos, since photographers in general, are artistic self-protective bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by expro View Post
    You are right! Everyone have the right to think and do what they think is right for them.
    I,m just raising my own opinion and share my experience to who ever want to start their own biz. No plan to hurt anyone or condemn anyone! No hard feeling! Cheer!
    This is a forum right? People will discuss about the possibilities and the reader decide.

Of course no hard feeling.

Hart

there's no one formula for everyone. I personally have seen partnerships breakup due to differences(despite agreeing on certain issues before setting up), but I have also soon partnerships strive because they are able to support each other.

it all depends on personalities.

in a team, some individuals must be able to "give" more that they "recieve".

ideally everyone should be equal, but realistically that is impossible. if everyone want to be equal, then there will be fights.

if team members starts wanting their own rights then, they will start fighting for it. So if team members just accepts what other members says, then it will be smoother. Of cause the other team members cannot be making big mistakes all the time.

there must be good leaders and good followers in a successful team

Anyway, not to beat on the same dead horse.... I've also heard some photographers screwing up and needing to drop prices drastically. You have to consider what kind of rice bowl this is also.... Unless you are really talented, can do > 250k per year consistently, so that at least after working for 5 years and you screw it up, not too bad lah....

Quote Originally Posted by lancey View Post
    Starting as a team is easy, easier than your partner playing you out and screwing with you one fine day. Any artistic endevours running as a group will be heading towards clashes of egos, since photographers in general, are artistic self-protective bunch.
    precisely, nevertheless the advantages are also very clear...
    Last edited by GeonSG; 23rd September 2010 at 06:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12