Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photography Competition by www.sg

Default Re: Photography Competition by www.sg

I really find all these a disgraceful act. You command votes with your photographic skills, not pimping.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    I really find all these a disgraceful act. You command votes with your photographic skills, not pimping.
    Yes, pimping is disgraceful, and doing it here doesn't quite work. From my pathetic attempt in an earlier post of this thread, I barely garnered a few extra votes.

Sadly however, in reality, a facebook voting format contest does not depend on good photographic skill to command high votes, as you can see from the huge discrepancy between the top scores and the average scores so far. Many other factors not related to the contest comes into play (some even more disgraceful than pimping). Here's an article explaining it all -
    http://contestjunkie.blogspot.com/20...olding-or.html

Thankfully for this contest, voting constitutes just 20% so there's still a chance to award prizes to deserving winners, but not so with other contests that select winners purely by votes.

If it does not reward good photographs, its a waste of time no matter what weightage they allocate for votes. My photo was shortlised as well and I've refused the organiser's request to send in a hi-res version of it. This is the kind of sub-standard competition which I should have avoided to begin with.

thank you everyone for your support

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12