Thread: Taking shoots on moon

Default Taking shoots on moon

Hi.. i was wondering lots of photographer took shots of sunsets, sunrise and stars etc.. But seldom see posts of photographer taking shots of moon i.e full moon, crescent shape etc..
    Yesterday i took a shot of half-shape moon and was being told by my traditional-thinking parents that we should not take pictures of the moon. Is tat true?? Or due to certain religious belief??

Default Re: Taking shoots on moon

1. The Night photography section is full of moon shots. I'm guessing you have not actually explored the forum yet.
    2. Probably a religious belief.
    Alpha

No idea, but i wanted to shoot the moon yesterday cauz it was very orange and was a "U" shape. Unfortunately it was blocked out by the clouds and got sleepy from waiting. Maybe yr parents scared u accidently shoot the girl on the moon while she was having a change of clothes... :P
    Insert Ego Here

Looking at the title, I thought you wanted to travel to the moon to do a shoot.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Shots on moon will require cooperation of NASA or one of its foreign counterparts. Space travel not so cheap...

Shots of moon possible with long telephoto lens.

I tried with 300mm on DX camera, still feels like not enough reach. Gave up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Looking at the title, I thought you wanted to travel to the moon to do a shoot.
    Haha I came into this thread, intending to say that.

TS, its "Taking shots of the moon".

Quote Originally Posted by Anthen View Post
    Hi.. i was wondering lots of photographer took shots of sunsets, sunrise and stars etc.. But seldom see posts of photographer taking shots of moon i.e full moon, crescent shape etc..
    Yesterday i took a shot of half-shape moon and was being told by my traditional-thinking parents that we should not take pictures of the moon. Is tat true?? Or due to certain religious belief??
    I only heard that can't point at the moon using fingers, else your ears will be cut.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

u can visit www.singastro.org. it is a local forum dedicated to shooting pictures "up there"
    Canon 6D | Canon 450D + Grip | EF 28 F1.8 | EF 85 F1.8 | Nissin 866 Flash