Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Singapore Flyer

  1. #1

    Default Singapore Flyer



    1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
    Composition

    2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
    overall feel of the Singapore Flyer from the sky

    3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Late morning around 10am, with harsh light

    4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
    i think it brought up abit of the flyer..

  2. #2

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer

    Just 3 pointers.

    1) your picture is not framed evenly. The top and the bottom framing is not symmetrical/the same. doesnt work for me.

    2) i must congratulate you on making the sky perfectly exposed but you killed the flyer. Perhaps you could create a HDR in similar situations next time? The flyer looks weird and all contrasts were destroyed. Its just something black there.

    3) try not to place the flyer dead center too. Especially with so much gap to the sides.

    Anyway happy shooting! hope to see improvement next time =D

  3. #3

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer

    Cropping off the black portion at the top would have been better imo.
    Also framing wise, better if you got more of the river instead of the black thing at the bottom. very distracting otherwise.

    other than that love the way the clouds turned out

  4. #4

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by hotchoco1ate View Post
    Just 3 pointers.

    1) your picture is not framed evenly. The top and the bottom framing is not symmetrical/the same. doesnt work for me.

    2) i must congratulate you on making the sky perfectly exposed but you killed the flyer. Perhaps you could create a HDR in similar situations next time? The flyer looks weird and all contrasts were destroyed. Its just something black there.

    3) try not to place the flyer dead center too. Especially with so much gap to the sides.

    Anyway happy shooting! hope to see improvement next time =D
    thanks for ur comment i have never try hdr before.. but i will go read up on it

    Quote Originally Posted by charliechaps View Post
    Cropping off the black portion at the top would have been better imo.
    Also framing wise, better if you got more of the river instead of the black thing at the bottom. very distracting otherwise.

    other than that love the way the clouds turned out
    thanks will take more notice of my foreground and background

  5. #5

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer

    How about turning this to Black and White ?

    and cropping off the black portion ?

    Just some suggestion. The clouds makes me imagine of some figurines.
    Think fast, aim for the best !

  6. #6
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,493

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by stevesteve View Post


    1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
    Composition

    2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
    overall feel of the Singapore Flyer from the sky

    3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Late morning around 10am, with harsh light

    4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
    i think it brought up abit of the flyer..

    just to ask first, IS the bottom part of the photo just like a border with ur signature? or was this pic taken while in a vechicle??


    comments: the top part diagonal slashing is a no no....

    the photo lacks color and vibrancy... turning it to black & white and increasing contrast could be a way to do this kinda shot... (shoot RAW, use post processing to adjust)

    what kinda emotion? or story are you trying to convey? look at the photo again, and ask urself if what you see reflects what you wanted to portray... if it doesn't, then how can i better frame or shoot this photo? (assuming you have the time to think b4 shooting)

    thats all... keep up the hardwork~!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  7. #7

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer

    I dunno but the black part on the top and bottom makes it seem like you took a photo of a picture..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •