Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need information about living in Singapore

Default Re: need information about living in Singapore

Maybe ppl could be like personal guides here anyone?
    indie

Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    Maybe ppl could be like personal guides here anyone?
    I don't mind if I have the time

oxford2003
    Guests

First of all thanks to you all for all this useful information, I really appreciate it..

Then
    @Teufelhunden, Great website and information, but sadly not what I am looking for…Thanks a lot
    @ricohflex, I have no doubts, after all I heard about Singapore and its people, that I will Inshallah have no problem fitting in and 1000000000000% sure that Singaporeans are wonderful people
    @spree86, I checked these universities and unfortunately there is nothing about what I want to study, but I could do something different, like computer science or MBA
    @brownie01, This Scholarship is like a gift from Singapore to Libya, the relationship between the 2 countries is wonderful and there are a lot of exchanging between them. However, I still had to go through few exams and interviews, Thanks ALLAH I got through.
    @razor, Thanks for your lovely words, and welcoming me in SG
    @theRBK, Salam Alekum, Yes I checked what Teufelhunden sent, and could not find what I want. It is clear that Exploration Geophysics or Hydrocarbon subjects are not of Singapore interest. Great information about the campus, and glad to hear that there could be something for families too, this should be of a great value
    @ManWearPants, Woa Alekum Asalam, great information about the country, especially the weather..!! I do appreciate your effort. Thanks for your welcome

Honestly I have a much better picture of what I need to plan for, thanks for all te information. Regarding my major, I believe there will be room for it, and started to think to do something in computer/IT, which Singapore is very famous at. I found many great Master courses in IT/Computer. Also, I will take your advise and come alone first, get familiar with the country and environment, so I will plan for my family to join me in the best possible way..

Now, just to conclude my last two questions
    1- How much do you think I and my family (wife and 2 little kids) will need in order to live moderately in Singapore for 2 years. Please take everything into your account. I know it may vary, but average (from to) should be OK
    2- When does the postgraduate courses normally start, I heard that academic calendar normally starts from August, is that correct??

Finally, I would like to thank you all for all the support and information you helped me with. Once I am close to come to MY Singapore, it would be great to exchange contact details and meet in Singapore..!!!

May ALLAH Bless you all

Woa Alekum Aslalam Woa Rahmet ALLAH Woa Barakato

Your Libyan Brother
    Helmi Farouk Helmi Ali
    Email: tatanakey@gmail.com

Blog Entries

btw, do you have a camera?

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post

Hahaha.... the MILLION DOLLAR question

Scuba & Father... For Life

oxford2003
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Yes......Canon 10mb....

Quote Originally Posted by oxford2003 View Post
    2- When does the postgraduate courses normally start, I heard that academic calendar normally starts from August, is that correct??
    Yup, it normally starts in Aug. NUS started around 6 weeks ago and due to the youth olympic games, NTU started a little later, around a month ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12