Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: D3000 newbie here!

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    hmm at the moment really need a cleaning kit and a bag! Any recommendations guys?

  2. #22

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by mervinlwc View Post
    hmm at the moment really need a cleaning kit and a bag! Any recommendations guys?
    hmm give a bit more detail? Budget? What kind of bag? sling or backpack? how much gear you going to carry?(plan for future as well) stealth or you don't mind it looking like an obvious camera bag?

    I recommend a giottos rocket blower and a lenspen if you need some cleaning equipment
    Last edited by spree86; 26th September 2010 at 02:01 AM.

  3. #23
    Member chillicutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Telok Blangah
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Have you got a spare battery already? It's always safer to go out with an extra battery.
    Can I know how much you bought your D3000 and what does it comes with? Thanks.

  4. #24

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by mervinlwc View Post
    hmm at the moment really need a cleaning kit and a bag! Any recommendations guys?
    tot i put a link on ur FB, nikon x porter???

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by chillicutter View Post
    Have you got a spare battery already? It's always safer to go out with an extra battery.
    Can I know how much you bought your D3000 and what does it comes with? Thanks.
    I got mine at $745, comes with memory card and spare battery. Have you heard before this bag brand Afrotto?

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    hmm give a bit more detail? Budget? What kind of bag? sling or backpack? how much gear you going to carry?(plan for future as well) stealth or you don't mind it looking like an obvious camera bag?

    I recommend a giottos rocket blower and a lenspen if you need some cleaning equipment
    Hmm how much is that blower and is a filter really that necessary? For bag i dont mind obvious or stealth.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore (West)
    Posts
    690

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by mervinlwc View Post
    Hmm how much is that blower and is a filter really that necessary? For bag i dont mind obvious or stealth.
    I got the blower at $12..
    The filter is to protect your lens front element..
    I think its not a necessity.. its good to have a decent one tho..

    Hope this helps
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Diluted View Post
    I got the blower at $12..
    The filter is to protect your lens front element..
    I think its not a necessity.. its good to have a decent one tho..

    Hope this helps
    hey thanks how about bags? Any recommendations?

  9. #29
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by mervinlwc View Post
    hey thanks how about bags? Any recommendations?
    Bags are a personal item and its best to go down to stores and choose what you like.And if you want to see what others use,do a search for bags and you'll get lots of answers...

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore (West)
    Posts
    690

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by mervinlwc View Post
    hey thanks how about bags? Any recommendations?
    Gotta agree with cleon on this..
    What I might like, u might not..

    So, happy hunting
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

  11. #31
    Member banana0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by mervinlwc View Post
    hey thanks how about bags? Any recommendations?
    I use a NTUC plastic bag that I use for my A402. maybe you can use too...
    Last edited by banana0ne; 27th September 2010 at 06:55 PM.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

  12. #32
    Member chillicutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Telok Blangah
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by mervinlwc View Post
    I got mine at $745, comes with memory card and spare battery. Have you heard before this bag brand Afrotto?
    Thanks for the info! Afrotto... no.. Manfrotto got..
    Last edited by chillicutter; 27th September 2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: typo

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    I use a NTUC plastic bag that I use for my A402. maybe you can use too...
    haha mine better quality ziplock!

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by chillicutter View Post
    Thanks for the info! Afrotto... no.. Manfrotto got..
    Hmm didn't hear before that brand but clarify already the brand is safrotto. Thanks anyway

  15. #35

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by mervinlwc View Post
    Hmm didn't hear before that brand but clarify already the brand is safrotto. Thanks anyway
    safrotto i also nvr hear before haha but like chillicutter manfrotto definitely got!!

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Alright thanks guys.

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Where can I find Lowepro shoulder bag? Yesterday been to peninsula shopping centre and funan cannot seems to find it?

  18. #38
    Member banana0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by mervinlwc View Post
    Where can I find Lowepro shoulder bag? Yesterday been to peninsula shopping centre and funan cannot seems to find it?
    Are you sure? Most shops carry Lowepro items, even challenger have stocks. or you're just particular into one model?
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

  19. #39
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by mervinlwc View Post
    Where can I find Lowepro shoulder bag? Yesterday been to peninsula shopping centre and funan cannot seems to find it?
    Did you went into the usual recommended shops?CP and TK has a lot...

  20. #40

    Default Re: D3000 newbie here!

    i m d3000 newbie too,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •