Thread: HD Camcorder + PnS for 1.7k?

Default HD Camcorder + PnS for 1.7k?

Hello guys! I have quite a dilemma.. I don't know whether I should sell my 550D off for a HD Camcorder and a Good PnS Camera (Such as S95) or i should just keep the 550D.

I like the quality of the pictures produced by the 550D and how it can be easily tuned (settings), and the speed of the Camera is very delightful itself.

But, i seem to record Videos for a very long time. like 1 hour minimum. I have recorded many vids with my FS200 and i really wish i had captured those moments in HD.

Now that i have learnt of the 550D not being able to record long videos, i wanted to sell it away. But i really love this cam and i Don't know whether to get a HD camcorder + PnS Camera or just stick with my 550D.

Default Re: HD Camcorder + PnS for 1.7k?

i didn't know that there is a time limit that u can shoot video for 550D. I thought this restriction is imposed by the memory card not the cam? Correct me if I am wrong... cos I dun really shoot video with my cam.

Anyway i seen most videographers using cam to shoot videos usually uses at least a 32G memory card to shoot their videos.

i surfed some sites for my friend earlier, and found out that max recording time is 29mins or 4 gb, which comes first
    dunno true or not cause i dun own this cam
    Life is short, so shoot more!

I guess it depends on in the long run whether you need a DSLR or a camcorder + a P&S camera. The camcorder would solve your videoing issue as i understand you are trying to record a concert, but the P&S will never attain the quality of a DSLR camera.

What if you sell off the 550D and found that after the concert you don't really need a camcorder anymore and a DSLR would have serve you better then...
    Current: 550D + EFS 18-135mm IS + EF 50mm f1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by galmen View Post
    I guess it depends on in the long run whether you need a DSLR or a camcorder + a P&S camera. The camcorder would solve your videoing issue as i understand you are trying to record a concert, but the P&S will never attain the quality of a DSLR camera.

What if you sell off the 550D and found that after the concert you don't really need a camcorder anymore and a DSLR would have serve you better then...
    Precisely!! Thats the difficulty i am facing right now.

if its possible to record at least 1 hour on 720p, then i might not sell this baby away.

I am afraid that the class 10 Cards wont work properly and give alot of problems. I read about it T_T

If video is your main concern, get a proper video cam. If you like the out-of-focus effets and the bokeh of DSLR lenses, consider this:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1007/10...nynexvg10e.asp
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by beebeeice View Post
    Precisely!! Thats the difficulty i am facing right now.
    if it's just one concert, why not borrow / rent a camcorder?