Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: Hoya Len Filter?

  1. #21

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Please read this article. After you read it and understand it, and you have more questions, ask here again.

    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...ns-filters.htm
    Thank you for the link, will read it again.

    Thank you.

  2. #22
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,059

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    I read before i post & not post without reading.
    Then the question whether CPL is suitable for night shot is a bit redundant. Please read carefully again, sometimes it take more than a brief cross-reading. Most details can be found online in Wikipedia as well. No point getting defensive here, we all started from zero. But with so many information available online with Google at hand to locate them it should be easy for you to read up there. If you still have specific questions we are happy to help. But so far it seems you haven't put much efforts in, still very generic questions.
    EOS

  3. #23

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Take it slow, everyone started out not knowing about all these things too. A bit more time doing research before spending money is always recommended. Its hard earned money after all, don't buy something that you wouldn't use.

    Sure, thank for the advice.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Then the question whether CPL is suitable for night shot is a bit redundant. Please read carefully again, sometimes it take more than a brief cross-reading. Most details can be found online in Wikipedia as well. No point getting defensive here, we all started from zero. But with so many information available online with Google at hand to locate them it should be easy for you to read up there. If you still have specific questions we are happy to help. But so far it seems you haven't put much efforts in, still very generic questions.

    Sure, thank you.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Posting this again here, hope it helps the newbies when buying filters.

    Not all Hoya filters are made equal. Not all Hoya filters are priced equal. Not all Kenko filters are made equal. Not all Kenko filters are priced equal.

    Know what you are buying.

    Current models...

    Hoya (from cheap to expensive):
    Hoya both sides coated (single coating on each side)
    Hoya HMC (Hoya Multicoated - basic multicoating)
    Hoya SMC (discontinued?, Super Multicoated)
    Hoya Pro1D (advanced multicoating optimized for digital)
    Hoya HD (multicoated and hardened, scratch and oil resistant. around price levels of B+W MRC)

    Kenko (from cheap to expensive):
    Kenko standard filters (no coating),
    Kenko MC (Basic Multicoated),
    Kenko Pro1D (equivalent to Hoya Pro1D)
    Kenko Zeta (equivalent to Hoya HD)


    i got the Hoya HMC as free gift when purchasing the dslr.


    wow!
    so many different types.

  6. #26
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,708

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    CPL & UV are 2 different things? Is either you buy CPL or UV filter?

    Thank you.
    yup both serve different purposes.

    usually most will buy UV filter which also acts as a protection filter to your precious lens.

    CPL is often used in landscape photography but since you are very new, you need not buy this filter and explore it till you are comfortable with your camera.

    For UV filter, I will recommend you to get Hoya Pro1 digital series.

    Just rem, just dun get a cheap (hint: tokina) UV filter that gives you ugly flares to your photos.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    yup both serve different purposes.

    usually most will buy UV filter which also acts as a protection filter to your precious lens.

    CPL is often used in landscape photography but since you are very new, you need not buy this filter and explore it till you are comfortable with your camera.

    For UV filter, I will recommend you to get Hoya Pro1 digital series.

    Just rem, just dun get a cheap (hint: tokina) UV filter that gives you ugly flares to your photos.

    Any idea how much is UV Pro1 digital series in sg?

    Thank you

  8. #28

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    Any idea how much is UV Pro1 digital series in sg?

    Thank you
    It depends on the filter thread size you are looking for, what size filter thread do you need?

  9. #29

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    yup both serve different purposes.

    usually most will buy UV filter which also acts as a protection filter to your precious lens.

    CPL is often used in landscape photography but since you are very new, you need not buy this filter and explore it till you are comfortable with your camera.

    For UV filter, I will recommend you to get Hoya Pro1 digital series.

    Just rem, just dun get a cheap (hint: tokina) UV filter that gives you ugly flares to your photos.
    Er... I thought Hoya is made by Tokina as well? Or same company or something like tt
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  10. #30

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    It depends on the filter thread size you are looking for, what size filter thread do you need?
    I am buying 72mm. Is it around $58? I just checked the mass sale thread.

    Thank you.

  11. #31
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,708

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Er... I thought Hoya is made by Tokina as well? Or same company or something like tt
    there is many Hoya UV filter grades. not all Hoya UV filters is the same.

    the $10 tokina UV filter (non coated) i bought last time for my 50mm f1.8 gives me flares problem.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    there is many Hoya UV filter grades. not all Hoya UV filters is the same.

    the $10 tokina UV filter (non coated) i bought last time for my 50mm f1.8 gives me flares problem.
    How about this?

  13. #33

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    there is many Hoya UV filter grades. not all Hoya UV filters is the same.

    the $10 tokina UV filter (non coated) i bought last time for my 50mm f1.8 gives me flares problem.
    I got mine for $20. HMC. For my 50mm f1.8 as well. Different places have different prices. TS, must do homework before buying anything. So salesman cannot ketok you whatever you're buying. Don't be like me.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  14. #34

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    I got mine for $20. HMC. For my 50mm f1.8 as well. Different places have different prices. TS, must do homework before buying anything. So salesman cannot ketok you whatever you're buying. Don't be like me.
    Sure, will listen to your advice.

    Thank you.

  15. #35
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,708

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    How about this?
    thats the one I am talking about.

  16. #36
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,633
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Er... I thought Hoya is made by Tokina as well? Or same company or something like tt
    All Hoya, Kenko and Tokina filters are all made by Tokina, using Hoya glass.

    These 3 companies are very very closely knitted. They are in the same Keiretsu.

  17. #37
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    All Hoya, Kenko and Tokina filters are all made by Tokina, using Hoya glass.

    These 3 companies are very very closely knitted. They are in the same Keiretsu.
    Tt's why you are like an encyclopedia...know so much of the ever complicated Jap companies...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  18. #38
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,633
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    Tt's why you are like an encyclopedia...know so much of the ever complicated Jap companies...
    No la. I get it wrong many times also..

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Eastern Part of Singapore
    Posts
    513

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Maybe this link will give you more info on lens filter: HERE.
    Current: 550D + EFS 18-135mm IS + EF 50mm f1.8 II

  20. #40

    Default Re: Hoya Len Filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    thats the one I am talking about.
    Sure, is the price around $58 in local?

    Thank you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •