Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Anybody know a better photo's server?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Anybody know a better photo's server?

    Hello, I'm new here. Having a problem of finding a proper photograph's server to upload. I'm currently using webshots, but what I noticed is everytime I upload a photo, the result was dramatically poorer than the one in the com.
    Could anybody enlighten me about this? Or is there a better one out there that I'm not aware of?


    Here's some of the sample pics that I have problem with:




  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default WhoopS!

    Sorry, got a wrong add




  3. #3

  4. #4
    ClubSNAP Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP
    Posts
    667,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisp
    Hello, I'm new here. Having a problem of finding a proper photograph's server to upload. I'm currently using webshots, but what I noticed is everytime I upload a photo, the result was dramatically poorer than the one in the com.
    Could anybody enlighten me about this? Or is there a better one out there that I'm not aware of?


    Here's some of the sample pics that I have problem with:



    Support ClubSNAP!!!

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...093#post669093

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Thread moved to General, Reviews, Tech Talk sub-forum.

    The Moderator
    ClubSNAP

  6. #6

    Default

    I use www.pbase.com

    You have a 30-day trial with 10MB, and to subscribe is only US$27 a year for 200MB of space. Very nice

  7. #7

    Default

    I use fotopic.net... offers 250M upgradeable to 500M on request. The only problem I have with it is hotlinked images dun show up on the clubsnap webpage. Think the problem is the CS website only shows files with a .jpg extension, and when u take the hotlink URL from fotopic, it doesn't end with .jpg

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darrelchia
    I use fotopic.net... offers 250M upgradeable to 500M on request. The only problem I have with it is hotlinked images dun show up on the clubsnap webpage. Think the problem is the CS website only shows files with a .jpg extension, and when u take the hotlink URL from fotopic, it doesn't end with .jpg
    Like Darrelchia, I do recommend using fotopic . Just to reinforce his statement, you will get 250m free and they also have a nice control panel for you to make uploads and customisation. If you are comfortable with using FTP programs instead of uploading from the web, they too have that added value . You can design your own banner and upload it too for personalisation as well as including your preferred wallpaper. What I like about fotopic is that there are some level of freedom in 'designing' your page and does not have any advertisements .

  9. #9

    Default

    or try www.picturesky.com
    It support hot link. and for S$34 per year, you can get 1GB free hard disk space. IT also support hot link.

  10. #10

    Default

    Try www.imagestation.com. Free, unlimited (?).

  11. #11
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Support ClubSNAP!

  12. #12

    Default

    how to add photos into Clubsnap's photo gallery???

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    I see this question pop up once in a while in the forum...

    Seriously, I am a bit annoyed by those recommending other website for hosting. If you have a much cheaper one, just pm the fellow and stop promoting other hosting site too loudly.

    We visited this forum to ask question, sell stuff, buy stuff... Not many of us could contribute much back to the forum.

    The forum needs $$ to run. For goodness sake, SUPPORT it.

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...093#post669093

    So what if it is a bit more expensive. A UV filter costed more sometimes.

    So what if other website gives you 200Meg for the same price? Are you seriously going to use all of those?

    Come on! Let contribute a bit to keep this forum going...

    P.s This dun apply to those that need a website with special domain name or those that has a hosting site somewhere else.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by binbeto
    I see this question pop up once in a while in the forum...

    Seriously, I am a bit annoyed by those recommending other website for hosting. If you have a much cheaper one, just pm the fellow and stop promoting other hosting site too loudly.

    We visited this forum to ask question, sell stuff, buy stuff... Not many of us could contribute much back to the forum.

    The forum needs $$ to run. For goodness sake, SUPPORT it.

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...093#post669093

    So what if it is a bit more expensive. A UV filter costed more sometimes.

    So what if other website gives you 200Meg for the same price? Are you seriously going to use all of those?

    Come on! Let contribute a bit to keep this forum going...

    P.s This dun apply to those that need a website with special domain name or those that has a hosting site somewhere else.

    You dun sound polite. Does CS have any policy stating that we can't recommend other hosting site?

    There are many ways to support CS... money is not one of them. Other ways can be in the form of knowledge sharing and community building. Come on be more open minded.

    End of the day, ppl need to decide for themselve which site to host their photo.

    To CS Admin: Let us know if there is any conflict of interest to CS.

    Thanks
    Last edited by jimtong; 26th May 2004 at 04:17 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimtong
    You dun sound polite. Does CS have any policy stating that we can't recommend other hosting site?
    May I ask which part of my message is impolite? Did I name anyone? Did i curse or even swear at them. There is no policy in here that state that member can't recomend other hosting site.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimtong
    There are many ways to support CS... money is not one of them. Other ways can be in the form of knowledge sharing and community building. Come on be more open minded.
    I agree that knowledge sharing is important too. Why is money not a way to support the forum? Can this forum be maintain w/o money? Since a member is going to spend that money on other hosting site. Why not spend it here?

    CS is not asking for sponsorship... You pay money and you get a hosting space. Everybody wins.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimtong
    End of the day, ppl need to decide for themselve which site to host their photo.

    To CS Admin: Let us know if there is any conflict of interest to CS.

    Thanks
    I agree at the end of the day, everyone decide for themselves what they wanted. I am just calling for them to support the forum that they have gain something from.

    There is no conflict of interest here. If you notice, the admin/mod can only "recomend". If I am a admin/moderator and write the above message, I am sure many will cry foul!

    To round up all the thoughts, support the forum that you gain something from.. Be it in contribution of knowledge, picture or money.

    Keep this forum alive.


    Cheers....

  16. #16

    Default

    PBASE IS THE BEST PHOTO SERVER!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    PBASE IS THE BEST PHOTO SERVER!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

    Haa haa.. That's a good one...

    Well.. I have make my point... It up to others to heed or reject it.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by binbeto
    May I ask which part of my message is impolite? Did I name anyone? Did i curse or even swear at them. There is no policy in here that state that member can't recomend other hosting site.



    I agree that knowledge sharing is important too. Why is money not a way to support the forum? Can this forum be maintain w/o money? Since a member is going to spend that money on other hosting site. Why not spend it here?

    CS is not asking for sponsorship... You pay money and you get a hosting space. Everybody wins.



    I agree at the end of the day, everyone decide for themselves what they wanted. I am just calling for them to support the forum that they have gain something from.

    There is no conflict of interest here. If you notice, the admin/mod can only "recomend". If I am a admin/moderator and write the above message, I am sure many will cry foul!

    To round up all the thoughts, support the forum that you gain something from.. Be it in contribution of knowledge, picture or money.

    Keep this forum alive.


    Cheers....
    hi binbeto, I have no intention to start a word of war here. Just felt that your message is a bit hash (just the way i look at it).

    Just felt that sharing something with fellow CS'er on any good hosting site beside CS. Some of the CS member are not working, they might not have the financial mean to support paid hosting service, maybe a simple free hosting might allows them to post their work for us to share.

    I fully agree with you in regards to supporting CS in various way. Money is part of it, others are knowledge, art work and fun.

    got money give money
    got strength give strength
    got photo show photo

    no war... peace
    Last edited by jimtong; 27th May 2004 at 12:34 AM.

  19. #19

    Default

    webshots??? ahha....photobucket is good la...no need to pay le..

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimtong
    hi binbeto, I have no intention to start a word of war here. Just felt that your message is a bit hash (just the way i look at it).

    I fully agree with you in regards to supporting CS in various way. Money is part of it, others are knowledge, art work and fun.

    got money give money
    got strength give strength
    got photo show photo

    no war... peace
    No problem.. We are all here to learn and buy

    I have nothing against anyone who is using free hosting site.. I had used them too when my pics is limited.
    I understand some of us is have difficult coming out with the money to pay for this service.

    Maybe I can make myself clearer:

    If you are considering other hosting site that needs you to pay, why not give the priority to CS hosting service?

    Peace...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •