Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pentaxians' Training Session - Need Your Help!

Default Re: Pentaxians' Training Session - Need Your Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    Put me into the queue for this session. It was a pity, I missed the last session.

Fully support having a nominal fee...we can make an exception if the Pentaxian is student who is not working.

Tried looking at on-line videos and also bought bought a book on PS. Maybe the brain not so good but I have it tedious to learn it this way, I think the face to face interactions with an instructor might help more. Maybe I am just old-school.
    AhRen, I think You and I born during Stone Age, now computer and digital age.

I also need guidance on PP....

marcus

Thanks for the effort to arrange quys. Wondering if Emjay can loan their premises to us? Do they have something big enough?
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    AhRen, I think You and I born during Stone Age, now computer and digital age.

I also need guidance on PP....

marcus
    Alamak...not so old lah...We born during "pre-computer" age only. Now cannot live without computers.

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    Thanks for the effort to arrange quys. Wondering if Emjay can loan their premises to us? Do they have something big enough?
    Actually this is a good idea...a marketing slot for them in return for a venue to use.

Yea so sorry my work place cannot cater to so many people. i think 5 or 6 still possible, but defeats the whole purpose. Not that my office is small, but I think MNC is more difficult to negotiate for pte use cos lots of accountabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    Frank, just a frank opinion.

for such a large group, it involve a bit of logistic. better charge a token sum, say $10 or $20. the last one you organised, you bought a lot of refreshment for us and it is only right we defray some of the cost. despite the goodwill, 10% didnt turn up without notice.
    i got go leh :P ha ...

I'm cool with both . either pay or not pay , if sign up liao , I sure turn up
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by eselite View Post
    seefei, moonlight is talking about cropping and resize chalking up the whole session.

I was on my newbie photography journey and i realise there's a raw button on my camera, out of curiosity, i decided to search what is what. Did you?
    haha... cropping and resize i can do it...
    with 1 hour time, i am sure that will cover more than cropping and resize... so i am sure can learn something from the session...
    that why i don't need to know the contant also can sign up...

yes, what is raw? sure we have read about it... but ppl like me don't know much about pp will just go for jpeg because it look better in color, smaller in size and it can open in any computer without extra software...
    even we know raw is good... but we don't know how magical it can be... and we don't even know the process... so is hard to search...

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlightsg View Post
    haha... cropping and resize i can do it...
    with 1 hour time, i am sure that will cover more than cropping and resize... so i am sure can learn something from the session...
    that why i don't need to know the contant also can sign up...

yes, what is raw? sure we have read about it... but ppl like me don't know much about pp will just go for jpeg because it look better in color, smaller in size and it can open in any computer without extra software...
    even we know raw is good... but we don't know how magical it can be... and we don't even know the process... so is hard to search...
    i just trial and error... if not nice, just reset and try again be interested to know if there's a proper workflow so can take the guesswork out of the process. more efficient

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    i just trial and error... if not nice, just reset and try again be interested to know if there's a proper workflow so can take the guesswork out of the process. more efficient
    that is what i do lightroom... still can trial and undo...
    PS is really to much possible for me to try...

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlightsg View Post
    that is what i do lightroom... still can trial and undo...
    PS is really to much possible for me to try...
    i think they're complimentary... LR to PP, PS, if u want more advanced editing features.

purely just on post processing? might be interested, awaiting for more details

Hi.. i have been wanted to learn more on post processing.. hope to hear from u guys soon... Thanks for the effort for putting up such a training session... looking forward to it.. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by yeohth View Post
    Hi.. i have been wanted to learn more on post processing.. hope to hear from u guys soon... Thanks for the effort for putting up such a training session... looking forward to it.. Thanks!
    eh, eh, I first priority leh Senior in age comes first

marcus

marcus
    I fully agree...

i think they're complimentary... LR to PP, PS, if u want more advanced editing features.
    CS5 and LR are catered to different users. CS5 is more on graphic designers thus UI is made as such higher complexity on image editing or image creation( ie. Comic books, digital painting, etc.). LR on the other hand is catered for photographers thus UI is made for efficient PP. ie. Batch processing, preset effects, wb adjustment, etc.

There is another software, called Corel draw x5. Which best used for vector image production. (Ie. Posters, web designs, etc.)
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

marcus
    u want a guaranteed place? i got idea for u sponsor sure have front row seat one

u want a guaranteed place? i got idea for u sponsor sure have front row seat one
    Emjay will sponsor lah but I have supporter, Ahren, thank you.

marcus

Update:
    Venue details being looked into.
    Tentative date for training is Saturday, 25 September 2010 from 1.30pm
    A sign up thread will be started soon.
    Watch out for it!

Last edited by fengwei; 17th September 2010 at 05:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12