Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: help @ the top

Hi Clive,
    Haven't met u but from ur posts in other threads u seem to have a good head (no pun intended) on ur shoulders - maybe after ur jp trip u could try and find out if they could use ur knowledge/experience here :-
    http://www.youngphotographers.org/

Maybe other Clubsnappers can suggest other non-profit groups that need photo resources as well
    cheers

Hoppinghippo speaks well.

And I bet that sounded really American Indian.

And I bet that sounded really politically correct.

Okay shut up now I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Hoppinghippo speaks well.

And I bet that sounded really American Indian.

And I bet that sounded really politically correct.

Okay shut up now I will.
    hahahahahhaa..... let me guess... Jed-i?? hahahahahha...

Indian, I am not.
    Make sense, you do not.
    The farce is strong with you, hhmpphhh?

now, we really see you are certainly @ the top man!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind
    now, we really see you are certainly @ the top man!
    you are..abit out of date. but nvm.

Hahaha... thanks to oeyvind for unearthing this thread. Didn't bother reading through it all. But clive, if you still want a challenge...

Form a new political party that will offer a challenge to the establishment. Of course, in due time with you in charge, you'll become Singapore's new (and perfect) Prime Minister.

Did I mention you have to get paid much less than the incumbent? Now that would really be a test of your ability and altruism. Do something for your fellow citizens and be the truly great man you were meant to be.

Hmmm... dunno if this is construed as violating the Kopitiam's guidelines regarding "no politics" but I don't agree with that ban anyway.

Lightbulb

thankyou. however i ahve no interest in politics coz i prefer a simple life. nevertheless i do feel i have coem across alot and done a lot in life, and i will continue to d a lot more; its jus tthat its very difficult for anyone else {other than myself} to fully understand what i am talking about when i say "i have reached the top. what next?". u know, its such a special a feeling that i seriously doubt people can ever understand or have they ever coem across it in the first place.. to give the closest analogy i can coem up with, it just that same feelign when u reached home after completing a satisfying 15km "city run", or after doing a satisfying 3km sunday swim knowing that one year ago u were a non-swimmer and you train on your very own from scratch without a coach, or after successfully capturing that elusive image on your kwanon camera with your L lens, or after having succesfully worked out a fast and easy way to edit digital pictures without having to use adobephotoshop, or after helping someone else in some way, or after that happy oldclassmate reunion..the list goes on. in this world, only a few people understand what iam talkign about, and fewer understand the real feel-meaning behind the pictures i that i take. there is a reason behind why i compose, capture,edit and present a picture in such-n-such a way...its just that really very few people share my vision and usually most people think what i take is too weird and dont spend the effort to think thru it further and then conveniently label it as rubbish .so mmm do u really understand what i just said? dunno? nevermind. coz soem day u will. it could have been yesterday, today, tomolo, whatever. nonetheless Mr acroamatic, whoever u r, may the force be wif u. soem day u will reach your top. what i can offer to you is: always believe in yourself. nothing else can break you down unless u choose to first break yourself down. to borrow a qoute from "ENIGMA" : <.....dont care what people say, jusy follow your own way, dont give up and lose the chance, the return to innocence....>. coz i listened to this song ever since sec2 till today and it had really helped me to push through in whatever i do. its a real source of inspiration. gambatte yo! :-)

You're welcome.

Hmmm... if you enjoy the simple life AND you get such pleasure from your achievements, then you ought to be satisfied. But evidently, you are not. Leading me to conclude that: you're definitely in love with yourself (and that may not be a bad thing); if you think you've reached the top, then there really is nowhere else to go but down, nothing us mere mortals can do to help; brilliant people get bored easily, the easily bored tend to look brilliant and you're the former, of course; despite adding a few token mentions of "helping others", your achievements are mainly personal.

Yes, you have reached the top. Now help others reach the top too. Nothing more satisifying than that. But, honestly, you can ignore all these observations and suggestions since this is a photography forum... I ask... where exactly are your photos? If you don't want to open them to critique, then you have no cause for saying that people won't understand and "conveniently label them as rubbish". But then, that will destroy the illusion. After all, you are, at the end of the day, a pseudo-solipsist.

Do you understand what I just said?

Quote Originally Posted by acroamatic
    You're welcome.

Hmmm... if you enjoy the simple life AND you get such pleasure from your achievements, then you ought to be satisfied. But evidently, you are not. Leading me to conclude that: you're definitely in love with yourself (and that may not be a bad thing); if you think you've reached the top, then there really is nowhere else to go but down, nothing us mere mortals can do to help; brilliant people get bored easily, the easily bored tend to look brilliant and you're the former, of course; despite adding a few token mentions of "helping others", your achievements are mainly personal.

Yes, you have reached the top. Now help others reach the top too. Nothing more satisifying than that. But, honestly, you can ignore all these observations and suggestions since this is a photography forum... I ask... where exactly are your photos? If you don't want to open them to critique, then you have no cause for saying that people won't understand and "conveniently label them as rubbish". But then, that will destroy the illusion. After all, you are, at the end of the day, a pseudo-solipsist.

wow gd speach!

I ask... where exactly are your photos?
    There are so many, how can u miss this?

DO you look like Brad Pitt?

No?

Not at the top

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    There are so many, how can u miss this?
    It historic, maybe should do a snapshot into jpeg for archives purposes. But please..dun upz the thread..

Quote Originally Posted by ransoma22
    It historic, maybe should do a snapshot into jpeg for archives purposes. But please..dun upz the thread..
    OT abit, did you manage to get your eye-drop yet? Hope yours eyes are well.. ^^

Lightbulb

You're welcome.

yes. but honestly, i dont really need to bother about your comments. afterall, what matters most is me. not you. have a nice day

There was this little froggie in the well......

leave him alone.

this has gone far enough.

this thread is how many months old ?

how many times have you looked at your own work and think "this is one blo*dy h3ll good piece of sh1t man !", post it up, then you realise that it ain't that good after all, and it's just a small speck in the ocean ?

everybody thinks they have something good or they're already good up there somewhere. so they post a comment here to see what people say. you either take it constructively or destructively, and you either reply constructively or destructively.

i guess whatever you all type, it'll all end up being the same anyway.

it's interesting to see the responses people make. it was pretty amicable (and perhaps a little constructive) at the beginning but some people choose to start throwin' eggs around. it's quite saddening (as much as free speech reigns the internet) that people will choose to vent their fustration on someone who has not even really stepped on their toes. he merely posted a comment. he may be thinking big. has he offended you ? he called you names ? insulted your parents ? grandparents ? great grandparents ?

give sh1t and take sh1t. a lot of the comments here don't really bring out the bad side of clive, imho, but they instead reflect the immaturities of the poster (flamer you can call it).

yeah yeah you all can flame me and call me troll or whatever, who gives a damn-ed. i'm living my life and i'm happy now.

good night.

eh clive how old r u?

cos i realised u said u had healthy diet etc.

and i cant control what i eat. i cant stop eating..

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by silverfrond
    and i cant control what i eat. i cant stop eating..
    some day u will

Wooo.. We have a party here..

Me thinks..

Clive needs a girlfriend..

la la la la la..

Quote Originally Posted by VampTreSS
    Wooo.. We have a party here..

Me thinks..

Clive needs a girlfriend..

la la la la la..
    won't you recommend some coconuts?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast