Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: help @ the top

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    sorry.. blah blah blah
    Hi Clive,

I don't know you very well, but in response to your first post, change your job. Take up something *totally* different, if you're a pilot now, go try becoming a chef, or something you aren't good at. (assuming there are such unconquered feats left for you) It's always good to challenge yourself, no matter how good you are.

In response to your second post, well, I'm sure it would've been interesting if I'd read but frankly from someone who's "on the top", I'd suggest you don't try to show off your writing skills to even the shoddiest of english teachers, rules or nor rules, there'd be corporal punishment for you dude.

I'm not trying to be harsh here, but you're setting yourself up on a really high pedestal, people are going to want to throw stones at you.

Cheers,
    Stephen
    Last edited by dementate; 26th May 2004 at 01:21 AM.

actually i dont mind if u clap hand or throw stones..lolzz..u can scold me or shake me or whatever... i just feel like gathering soem ideas/feedback..just to jog along soem other kind of inspiration..yeah. something like that.

its just that whenever i try to take stock of life and where i am heading..then unconsciously all the past events will coem and haunt me and then i suffer from a bought of depressed boredom...haiz sianz.

yup..i have a bit of a mentality attitude problem...possibly ingrained or what i dunno...but then its just a passing thing lor..osmething like mood swings that can make u climb up 25 storeys and yell out loud to the empty sky then u will feel betetr after that..haiz sianz..

but nvm lah..maybe im expectign too much or maybe i simply watch too much reality tv already or simply trying to do too many thigns at the same time...hmm yeah. wil change my style abit to c how

but then, ranting here is better than spensing $ to rant @ the doctor =)

actually i dont mind if u clap hand or throw stones..lolzz..u can scold me or shake me or whatever... i just feel like gathering soem ideas/feedback..just to jog along soem other kind of inspiration..yeah. something like that.

its just that whenever i try to take stock of life and where i am heading..then unconsciously all the past events will coem and haunt me and then i suffer from a bought of depressed boredom...haiz sianz.

yup..i have a bit of a mentality attitude problem...possibly ingrained or what i dunno...but then its just a passing thing lor..osmething like mood swings that can make u climb up 25 storeys and yell out loud to the empty sky then u will feel betetr after that..haiz sianz..

but nvm lah..maybe im expectign too much or maybe i simply watch too much reality tv already or simply trying to do too many thigns at the same time...hmm yeah. wil change my style abit to c how

but then, ranting here is better than spensing $ to rant @ the doctor =)

heh...ur parents must be so proud....

You are confusing me. Are you at the top and have no where to go as per your first post, or are you a complete failure in life intermittently wracked by brain numbing bouts of clinical depression?

I am not joining in the rest of the chants about your post or the state of your life because I think that's playing into your hands. But I really am confused as to what you are seeking? Relief from boredom and your sad past, or from overachieving?

Wink

hey clive,

you need a friend to sort out your thoughts with you, someone who knows you and your past, not in an open forum like this.

there really is alot more to life, then what you have listed.

life is not about having a list of dos and don'ts, with little ticks in the boxes.

geez.....sounds like life will become more exciting for you as you begin discovering and living it out for real.

welcome to the real world.

take care!
    Last edited by swimcraze; 26th May 2004 at 10:46 AM.

Clive, are u sure you are at the top?
    Do you use a Lay-Kar camera?

Hey Clive,

You at the top liao? Post some of your pictures here le to let us see you are 'top' liao or not le.

Clive,

ANSWER ME YOU BLOODY COWARD!

Phildate
    Guests

Clive,

Your initial post has to be the most self-centred, arrogant, shallow and depressing story/post that I have ever read. Depressing only in the sense that a human being who has achieved so much can write something so tasteless.

I see no evidence of you ever helping anybody but yourself and this is indicative of the world in which we live in. I feel very sorry for you. Your ego has controlled your life. How you can state to be at the 'top' - surely we can only have others make that judgement for us. You are not at the top, you are merely bored with your life.

Do you love anyone other than yourself?

I suggest you read the Dalai Lama's "The Art of Happiness", take a long hard look at yourself, at the real you, not that superficial description that you posted.

I think you have crossed the fine line between confidence and arrogance.

XXX..dun get so worked up....no need to use red, bold and rude words....

Default Awareness of he higher self is the first step

It is not that you are done and there already. You are wanting a need to change because you are speaking it out loud in an open forum and wants to know how others perceived your thoughts.

The world at large usually lack this kind of education regarding the awareness of the higher self. Every human is born selfish (only caring for himself). You are more or less the same changes after changes - still selfish.

Look at all the arrogances around you and you will be more mad. These madmen are alwasy screaming and dying in a desert. Funny thing, they don't seem to know there is nothing but water around them.

How then can they be aware of such things when they are blind? Your postings of your thoughts show you want to be educated and that is a good beginning.

Life's journey can be a big dirty puzzle full of paradox. The time is now right for you to dig into life's meaning. It is only when you realise that life is taking you no where that it begins to have meaning.

Here is a suggestion:
    Make every of your efforts in all your endeavours beneficial to fellow human beings, help those who are in need. Make a sincere effort from your heart to reach out to do something for mankind. Reach out to serve others especially those who are in need.

Socates said that "My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher". This is very true indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by forward

The time is now right for you to dig into life's meaning. It is only when you realise that life is taking you no where that it begins to have meaning.

Here is a suggestion:
    Make every of your efforts in all your endeavours beneficial to fellow human beings, help those who are in need. Make a sincere effort from your heart to reach out to do something for mankind. Reach out to serve others especially those who are in need.

Socates said that "My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher". This is very true indeed.
    i think u r right

lolzz..lately i have, for soem unknown reason, lost my direction n sense of purpose in life. thats why all this thinking of having doen all and being at the top comes crashing in. haiz sianz.

actually, frankly, for the past 25 yrs i really dunno what i want 2do wif life..just sort of try this try that..play, work, sweat a bit here n there..live a bit, die again, get up and be another joker again..thats about it. help myself..yup, a lot..(thnx zek for the g2..lolz)..help others..so so, feel like it can lend one piece of L lens for months, dont feel like it just do nothing. so all this bits n pieces..actually amounts to nothing much , after readign what u said.

actually this is not the first time a major mood swing has crashed in...there were other explosions in the past...but this time round its kinda like a bit too major already..lolz..coz its like, im gonna start work as a working adult already, all this stuff about ORD-ing, then all my lost/MIA friends and all, and the haunting past with all the unfufilled dreams, and all the stuff i tried, all this swimming, junking film and going digital..yesterday went to seriously inspect a potential new road bike and aerobars..then the upcoming jp dream trip..then my sister getting married..and my finally coming to terms with $..a bit stress hehe..yeah..really fuddles up my self-identity(who am i? everything? nothin? something?)...too much too many happening at the same tiem i guess. probably i not that good with multi-change-management mmm.

ok i wil go keep myself occupied wif soemthing..maybe squeeze out more shots from zek's g2..keke..so that all this moodswings dont coem crashing again. helping others..i will try get used to it.

and all this frank chat n open ranting..sorry..probably wasting all ur time..but hey u also get a chance to rant a bit also right? =) like xxxboy...sometimes i really prefer pple to whack me up a bit ..a bit of a psychotic leftover from the bad childhood days? hehe =) hey Mr xxxboy, how's it feel to beat up a joker like me? good? ;-) actually its all rite..after all this is just a tok-kok session..hehe..after releasign all this pent-up uncertainties with life, i feel better now..really..lighter already. nvm..u can take me as a temporary punching bag...just imagine u r bruce lee, give me ur best bashing..beat the crap out of me..take ur leica and hammer me up.. oomph! u will feel good, i will feel relieved. dont worry, i am used to pain. in fact at times, i thrive on pain..what with swimming and cycling and running km after km...hehe..lactic acid is sometimes my best buddy during those long, lonely miles. and this probably helps u de-stress from working as well =)

swimcraze: yes, i have soem old friends from RI as well..that joker is equally psychotic...in fact last tiem during the days of the Royal Empire where every Royal Son tries to outwit, outplay, and outlast one another, he was a Public Enemy..lolz..but nonethe less i looked far ahead enuff and signed a Peace Treaty wif him took him as an Ally ;-) now he is one of my best buddies and my financial adviser as well..for good. we always go for tokkok session..sometimes his problems are even worse than my mood swings..keke =)

thnx all for sharing in this crazy tokkok session

Quote Originally Posted by d7t3
    but what do you see? SLRs are meant to show you how the pic will turn out lah. it's up to you whether you can find/create better pics than you've taken so far.
    i dunno..as in like, given a scene rite, i can roughly imagine how the pic turns out in a say 5R print. the colours, exposure, sharpness..thsoe details. its kinda liek a "feel" thing =) thats why i like t cover events..coz all that lighting, atmosphere, mood, action..its alot of thigns to imagine

but yeah..this may be the same reason why im eager to go for digicams/dslr..coz i can chimp rightaway and actually see how the lcd image corresponds to my imagines outcome, even thou lcd image is just a rough guide =)

Thumbs down

i dunno..as in like, given a scene rite, i can roughly imagine how the pic turns out in a say 5R print. the colours, exposure, sharpness..thsoe details. its kinda liek a "feel" thing =) thats why i like t cover events..coz all that lighting, atmosphere, mood, action..its alot of thigns to imagine

but yeah..this may be the same reason why im eager to go for digicams/dslr..coz i can chimp rightaway and actually see how the lcd image corresponds to my imagines outcome, even thou lcd image is just a rough guide =)

Huh? I thought you already reached the 'top' liao? You still need LCD image to corresponds to your image outcome? You know what this mean? This shows that you have no confidence in your photographic skills!
    Clive, post some of your best shot to beat me la! I still yet to reach the top yet. Maybe you had set too low for your defination of being 'top'.
    Last edited by XXX Boy; 26th May 2004 at 11:33 AM.

XXXboy:i think he got nothing but arrogance to show u la..
    life is too short to bother about pp like him.

lolz..i dun have scanner. hehe :D

nvm lah..i respect leica for its class. aiya whatever..any i like to chimp..keke..instant gratification cant be ignored =) anyway kwanon L soemtimes also got to "give face" to leica ;-)

Help!!!! Doctor! Doctor! There's someone very very very sick in the house!!! I think you should try and go and Sigh......... So young, so lost! Damn!

Clive,

I thought you said that you use a digital camera? Hey, come on le, dun be shy le...post your best pictures here to beat me le...come le....
    Or......you have only lousy pictures.....
    You reminded me of my friend which is as 'TUA-KANG' as you.

eh XXX Boy, you buay sian of going after his throat everytime you come online ah?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Clive,

I thought you said that you use a digital camera? Hey, come on le, dun be shy le...post your best pictures here to beat me le...come le....
    Or......you have only lousy pictures.....
    You reminded me of my friend which is as 'TUA-KANG' as you.
    XXXBoy...happy waiting hor...!
    This Clive guy telling me that he can take 1" handheld shoot using pro bodies SLR with tack sharp result about a year ago. Well, I been bloody waiting for his pictures ever since....
    Well, Mr. C still remember me? Unfortunately I don't have D100 anymore, but I have D1x maybe you can take 2" exposure handheld with this camera and get tack sharp result. Then I will learn your heavenly skill ..........
    Last edited by Knighthunter; 26th May 2004 at 05:36 PM.
    W204FL

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast