Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: help @ the top

a zen saying goes "the more you have, the less you have."

true wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing.

besides, you're probably all taking yourselves too seriously
    what defines success? knowledge? talent? a good body? a good career?

or true happiness?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Gabes
    Learn how to give head.
    "give head", do you mean that....?

sorry..probably i was bored and returning to my escapist tendencies...thats why this frank-chat session.

actually...its hard to change my achievement-based mindset..i think its a result of a lot of unfufilled dreams during my earlier days and also due to the brainwashing i got in RI....my whole life is a long story of twists and turns...long, sad story..nvm.

anyway all the suffering and all the lowest lows are over now, things are looking good and gettign better ever since 2004... i was just trying to look back at how far i have come in life...and yeah, it took me 25 long hard years to come alogn with a significant breakthru. and i frankly believe, ever since that day back in early february 1991, 1130+- pm where i lay motionless, weak and helpless in a desolate bed in the children's ward in SingaporeGeneralHospital, staring blankly at the cold ceiling and wishing how good it were if i could be running about with all my friends and eating all the chinese new year goodies and not waste my father's money on medicall bills just because his only son "cannot make it" and the dauthers are laughing at that weak boy....ever since that day when i decided i had enough of being weak and i started to fight my way out of my twisted childhood, i had really coma a logn way and done a lot, and have improved by many many leaps and bounds, and a lot on my very own effort, and i am proud of it, and i feel like frankly tellign the whole world that i am now a much much much improved and re-invented person, and i am walking towards the path of being a perfect man. or as perfect as i can ever be. i am proud to say that iam good, because i know i am good. . because i know i am no longer that weak boy i was many many years back. of coz there were a few misses (eg i didnt make it to OCS back in early army days coz that time i was still not decently physically fit enough so thats one of the bigger regrets in life yeah but now whenever i see those dudes preparing to enlist into army, i will always advise them : aim for OCS, that kind of thing) its at times of boredom where i am still prone to my twisted childhood coming back to haunt me a little. yeah. a little. haiz sianz

any i will try soem of the suggestions and re-invent myself in soem new ways...thnx all

also just to share some songs that can give u a "high"/"kick"

1. <somethign there> by "chage n aska"
    2. <main theme> of jp dorama <overtime> by S. takebe
    3. <main theme> of jp dorama <waterboys>
    4. <never forget> by "take that"
    5. <tooku ma-de> by "do as infinity"
    6. <five respect> by "SMAP".
    7. <return to innocence> by "Enigma"
    8. <seven seas> by "aikawa nanase".
    9. <embrace me> by "dream"
    10 <ordinary world, aurora mix 2> by "duran duran"
    11.<just communication, instrumental mix, 09:23> by "two mix"
    12. <pray> and <sure> by "take that"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    1. having "been there n done that" in the world of SLRs with canon 1 series pro bodies and L lenses, i find no more kick in slr photography. its coz 99% of the time wehn i see a scene with my eyes, i know how a pic is goign to turn out on film.
    but what do you see? SLRs are meant to show you how the pic will turn out lah. it's up to you whether you can find/create better pics than you've taken so far.

3. my diet is already optimally healthy...
    if food is merely functional to you, then leave it at that. i, on the other hand, think that food includes taste, tradition and ambience, among other things. there's more to food than achievement; how about appreciation?

can anyone help me suggest anything so that i can experience a "kick" from doign something again?
    but is life about "kicks"? if you only value getting more/higher/faster (i.e. quantity), it's similar to addiction.

life is about joy. life is about service. life is about love. the quality of such things is not dependent on their quantity.

you've shared how you needed to prove you could "do something". perhaps your challenge now is to redefine yourself from "doing" to "being".

your goal could be: find your next path, instead of letting others define it for you. that would really be your own achievement.

wow... very drama...
    since youre happily typing it down, might as well write an autobiography of your life and have it published!

but the other guys really said it right.
    if you're looking for deeper fulfillment, try community service.
    the simple act of helping another less fortunate than you are will brighten the darkest day, not only because it tells you you are blessed to be healthy and whole, but also that you have the power to make the lives of other people better.

you have two hands, and hands are for reaching out to other people. (please don't be like the bashers in the earlier parts of this post. we come here to make friends, not enemies.)

Off the shoulder of Orion, near the Tannhauser gate

Quote Originally Posted by Gabes
    Learn how to give head.
    Looks like Clive gives head just fine... to himself.

May I be equally straightforward and say that your egocentric attitude is an embarrassment.

i see the greatest pitfall in our conservative education system right before my eyes...ha, anyway, i am serious when i reply saying 'try getting the best volunteer of the year award'

Yeah.. I understand how you feel.. But like what others said.. What goes up, must come down. It's a simple rule of life.

This feeling happened to me too.
    I got pretty good PSLE results, considering that I was from a neighbourhood primary school and got into a good secondary school. I was pretty proud about it because my brother did so badly in the same exam..

Now the tables are turned.. I'm the one who can't even get into University and/or study Mass Comm as a degree in a public university, and he's the one within the top 3% of SMU, 1st year, doing a double degree in Economics and Accountancy. He regretted not doing well enough to get into the dean's list.

So, which one of us do you think did better in life in terms of attitude towards it?
    Think about it, man... I'm sure you have the sense to think that over slowly.

As for me, I prefer not to sit on my butt in a single spot after a single failure. There's so much to do, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    As for me, I prefer not to sit on my butt in a single spot after a single failure. There's so much to do, so little time...
    Good for you! You go girl!!!

are u some1 famous?

how come I dunno u before...but u do sounds like a jerk

Thumbs down Clive, nice try! What a sad sad story!

Clive, your sad story really touches my heart.
    I heard of many cases of people with depression like you rape girls in the public and really thankful that you don't do that.

Interestingly as I read clive's post I didn't feel a tinge of...whatever you call it...envy? Want-to-whack-him feeling?

Perhaps just a misguided mindset.

Evaluate your life--find out where your comfort zones are, and if you want "kick" in your life, STEP OUT of those comfort zones.

Two things:
    (1) Seek God, if you have not. If you have gotten God in your life, look forward to actively serve Him in God's ministry. He will not shortchange you.

(2) If you prefer to go less "religious", go for community service. I never knew I could find so much satisfaction serving students. Students: that's my calling; perhaps yours is different.

I kick myself for not making to OCS too, being such an arrogant fella I am. It was a twist of fate beyond my control that I ended up somewhere else. Can't blame anyone, can't blame God, until I realise that all things work out for His good.

Remember, the world is larger than you think. Don't get your comfort zones define your perspective of life.

Quote Originally Posted by LiOnElLiN
    wow... very drama...
    since youre happily typing it down, might as well write an autobiography of your life and have it published!
    actually i have written it out... in the form of 10 chapters which covers from september 1995 to 11th dec 1997. it covers the 2 years time span where i had unexpectedly dropped out from the Rafflesian Royal Sons' Elite Group, was kicked out of RJC, left stranded with nothing and thrown into a brand new alien surrounding and subsequently went in search of adventure during jc time...one of the best times ever actually. and all the fun ended on dec 11th 1997 when i had to enlist into army on that day. so far i hadnt continued writing yet...dunno why. maybe will continue

...and all the fun ended on dec 11th 1997 when i had to enlist into army on that day...
    Haha...enlisted one day after me...

actually i have written it out... in the form of 10 chapters which covers from september 1995 to 11th dec 1997. it covers the 2 years time span where i had unexpectedly dropped out from the Rafflesian Royal Sons' Elite Group, was kicked out of RJC, left stranded with nothing and thrown into a brand new alien surrounding and subsequently went in search of adventure during jc time...one of the best times ever actually. and all the fun ended on dec 11th 1997 when i had to enlist into army on that day. so far i hadnt continued writing yet...dunno why. maybe will continue
    wow...can't wait to see it published man...than I can read abt wat a great person you are....will definitely be a top-seller man...

rite.........

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    "give head", do you mean that....?
    Wahahha. Yeah dude.

I think he need some help! Is there a doctor in the house??? It seems to me that there is nothing left in this world for u to live for now! Sigh, I suggest you go see a shrink!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Clive, your sad story really touches my heart.
    I heard of many cases of people with depression like you rape girls in the public and really thankful that you don't do that.
    XXXBoy. I guess we let the matter rest. He is after all a RI boy. May the depressed be depressed. May the depressed rape girls in public. May the depressed.... the list goes on.

Default This RI Boy need to see a mental doctor!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfinsg
    I think he need some help! Is there a doctor in the house??? It seems to me that there is nothing left in this world for u to live for now! Sigh, I suggest you go see a shrink!
    Yeah I agree with you! This jerk need a mental treatment! Got some screws loose on his head!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast