i.ve sort of reached the top in many things
1. having "been there n done that" in the world of SLRs with canon 1 series pro bodies and L lenses, i find no more kick in slr photography. its coz 99% of the time wehn i see a scene with my eyes, i know how a pic is goign to turn out on film. thats why even digital SLR photography, with the chimping advantage, will not give me any kick anymore. the only thing that gives me kicks is shooting events with canon 1 series pro bodies and L lenses but not every event i get to shoot lor. and even with zek's G2, it basically goes back to the old days of PnS shootign + the chimping advantage and filmfree hassle..ie just soem good candids, thats all. i have no interest in nature and macro and MF and advanced photo theory and film developing and studio stuff and all those other niche areas... so photography to me is either : (1) shooting events with canon 1 series pro bodies and L lenses or (2) fun with digicams. so i guess i have reached the peak and theres no more to do as far as photography is concerned...haiz sianz
2. i am now living out my wildest childhood dreams of swim/bike/run and being a physically fit individual who is aerobically fitter than 90% of any randomly selected peers (circa 1979). so i am at the top already. last tiem they all outrun me but now i beat them 3 to 1. and at most the next big thing is going UW and taking my digicam to shoot marine life...but coz i have no interest in nature stuff, at most i will just shoot UW for fun and never bother to id all the fishes/ etc.
3. my diet is already optimally healthy: lots of carbos, 33% protein, lots of fruits n veges and some supplements (glucosamine+isotonics+vitamins+ healthy beverages), and occasional snacks.
4. my original quest for j pop is also more or less over. now, any new group comes along (eg ai otsuka), i just download their songs and thats it. not that the last time jpop songs no longer sound good, i mean jpop will always be the best thigns that life has to offer, it has become such a good staple that now the "new jpop stuff " kick is getting less n less. now i am a veteran jpop dude.
5. my reversi score at yahoo games is at a healthy average of 1900+. soemtimes cross to 2000+, sometimes meet a proggy cheater or bad connection and drop back to 1800+ . ie iam already a very strong human player, so the kick is also getting lesser. and i also dont waste tiem n money to play all those stupid games like CS, quake, soccer, FFX, and whatever rubbishy computer games there are right now.
6. i have solved all the colour combination problems in my wardrobe already. ie now i will never have problems choosing clothes/shoes/bags/accessories already. now i can be an official "colour consultant" for anyone still stuck wif colour combination woes .
7. i have solved all my money problems already. no more debts. now all i have to do is just wait for time to pass..then my money will grow. of course my spendign will continue..but it will always be in control from now onwards.
remember the korean pop song by kpop group <shin hwa>? they have this song called "perfect man". i feel that i am just like that.
can anyone help me suggest anything so that i can experience a "kick" from doign something again? pls dont tell me to drink beer/shoot nature or wildlife/ rear pets/ fly kite/or any non constructive comments...
coz i believe even at the top, there should still be some way to experience soem "kick" form somewhere else..but where??