Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need for Speed..

Default Need for Speed..

I saw this ideal in Flickr quite some time ago. And since then I was thinking to give it a try. At last, I manage to locate a time to produce some shots. A great fun and experience.

Driver: Ken (me)
    Photographer: Ken (me)

C&C are welcome

#01 - I overtook a bus while a cab was following behind me..

#02 - Inside the CTE tunnel.

#03 - Need for speed.

Last edited by lchoong78; 13th September 2010 at 04:35 PM.
    Canon EOS 5DMKIII & EOS 6D, LEICA C
    EF50mm F1.2L/ 24-105mm f4L/EF17-40mm F4L

Default Re: Need for Speed..

You have TWO air fresheners? You must really dislike the original smell of your car. Haha.

I like the shots, especially the first one, though I think it would have been better if you had removed the add-on accessories like the air fresheners and rubber mat on top of your dashboard.

#06 - A lot of vehicles in Singapore.Driving must be extra patient.

#07 - I just passed by a traffic junction. Plenty of lights is surrounding the area.

#08 - The driving speed limit of vehicles in Singapore is 50 in the city and 80 - 90 on the expressways.

#09 - Although Singapore is very small country but the road is much complicated than you though. That why my best friend on the road is "GPS" (on the right). I'm using the chepeast but useful device called "Garmin nuvi 205W".

Thanks for viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by alcohollywood View Post
    You have TWO air fresheners? You must really dislike the original smell of your car. Haha.

I like the shots, especially the first one, though I think it would have been better if you had removed the add-on accessories like the air fresheners and rubber mat on top of your dashboard.
    The 2 air fresheners are mainly to remove the smell from cigarette not the original smell from the car. haha

Thanks for your suggestion, I did not notice that. I also want to remove the In-vehicle Units (IUs) if possible. haha..

wow nice... have not try this before. how long the shutter to get those lighting w/o over expose?

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1987 View Post
    wow nice... have not try this before. how long the shutter to get those lighting w/o over expose?
    I'm glad you like it.
    Photos were taken 10 or 15 seconds using the remote timer.

Nice . How about putting the cam on the dashboard to get just the view of outside? It's probably not too stable there though
    Canon Kiss X3 BG-E5 | Canon 135 f2 | Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 | Sigma 50 f1.4 | 430EXII
    View my gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Soundaholic View Post
    Nice . How about putting the cam on the dashboard to get just the view of outside? It's probably not too stable there though
    I did not try to shoot only the outside journey. My intention was to cover the background (inside car) and have the motion of lighting through the car's window screen.

What I did was setting a tripod at the behind passenger sit so that it can have a stable and no shake shots. If you want to cover only the scenery & motion of the lighting, may be can try to zoom in further to the windowscreen.

Very The Fast & The Furious

cool, nice effect
    what is your speed when you took the photo?

very nice!! also want to try that! anyway i did not see ur hand on the steering wheel on pic 3, 4 ,5 . can i know how u drive?
    Canon 60D | And Legs as Lens to cover every single focal length i ever needs.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Very The Fast & The Furious
    Thanks for passing by..

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    cool, nice effect
    what is your speed when you took the photo?
    I assume the 'speed' your mentioned is the speed of the vehicle not the camera shuttle speed.

Hm.... actually I got different photos with differrent speed. The shot were taken from the start of my car engine. I set the timer to expose 10 or 15 seconds. Every 30 seconds will automatically capture a photo. By this way, I can fully concerntrade on my driving. In CTE tunnel like #02, the speed can go out to 90-100km/h (I cannot drive too fast in SIngapore). Others like #07, the speed I think is only 30-40km/h because I was making a right turn in a traffic juntion.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierShoot View Post
    very nice!! also want to try that! anyway i did not see ur hand on the steering wheel on pic 3, 4 ,5 . can i know how u drive?
    Thanks XavierShoot, is nice to try. Very fun.
    My right hand is on the bottom of the Steering wheel. Some photos which capture my hands, I feel a bit distracting.

Yeah, I mean the car speed.
    Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Yeah, I mean the car speed.
    Thanks for sharing
    You welcome. Thanks for viewing!

Quote Originally Posted by lchoong78 View Post
    Some photos which capture my hands, I feel a bit distracting.
    Actually, the idea of you without your hands on the wheel while the car is moving is even more distracting. Haha. Have you experimented with maybe a low-powered rear curtain flash such that you get the light trails with the slow shutter speed, but at the end of the shot it captures your hands without the movement? I think that might be quite interesting to try out. You may have to selectively block out and diffuse the flash such that it lands mainly on your hands and steering wheel area.

Quote Originally Posted by alcohollywood View Post
    Actually, the idea of you without your hands on the wheel while the car is moving is even more distracting. Haha. Have you experimented with maybe a low-powered rear curtain flash such that you get the light trails with the slow shutter speed, but at the end of the shot it captures your hands without the movement? I think that might be quite interesting to try out. You may have to selectively block out and diffuse the flash such that it lands mainly on your hands and steering wheel area.
    Hm....put a flash to freeze my hands. what a brilliant ideal. I think is a good ideal die die must given a try. Thanks for the suggestion!!!
    Anyway, I hope when the flash come out, the other car owners on the road would not confuse that this is a speed camera's flash. haha

got try this before when my friend was driving...
    but it abit blur due to road condition in jb was got alot off hole..

may i know where did you mount your camera

Quote Originally Posted by liebreglach View Post
    got try this before when my friend was driving...
    but it abit blur due to road condition in jb was got alot off hole..

may i know where did you mount your camera
    I set a tripod at the passenger sit. Then I focus on the trechometer and set the camera to manual facus. By doing this you won't have the problem of hand shake and will keep the car scene remains sharp. Hope this help.
    Last edited by lchoong78; 17th September 2010 at 01:54 PM.

go wider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast