Thread: Iphone Shoot

Default Iphone Shoot

check this out guys now all you need is your iphone haha
    http://fstoppers.com/iphone/

Default Re: Iphone Shoot

Disagree. You'd need studio lighting, a beautiful model, and a bloody good DI artist to post process the files

its been posted here before. building on what zan82 said, it shows that equipment can merely make the job easier. but its not impossible to get great shots with lower end stuff
    instagram: @2ndhandphotog

If you look at his lighting equipment and the before/after pics, you'll realise that you need much more than just an iPhone. If I am to be convinced of low-cost equipment producing high quality images, I need to see a cheap phone camera (iPhone is considered expensive already considering the price of the mobile plan you have to pay) and cheap DIY lighting equipment you can get from hardware stores (including DIY soft boxes or reflectors etc). I don't mind PP since that's quite accessible by anyone (provided it's done in GIMP or some other free photo editing software). His lighting equipment and PP computer+software probably costs more than a full frame DSLR and lens, so it doesn't prove anything.

With the same amount of money a good photographer can produce much better and higher resolution photos than him. It's just proving that he just knows how to save on camera but overspend on lighting equipment and modifiers, meaning inefficient use of money.
    Last edited by brapodam; 11th September 2010 at 01:21 PM.

I think he's trying to show the camera is not everything in take a high quality shot, like if you have good lighting and setup, any form of cameras can produce good photos
    Canon Kiss X3 BG-E5 | Canon 135 f2 | Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 | Sigma 50 f1.4 | 430EXII
    View my gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Soundaholic View Post
    I think he's trying to show the camera is not everything in take a high quality shot, like if you have good lighting and setup, any form of cameras can produce good photos
    My point is, if you are using an iPhone to take pictures, you probably can't afford $10,000 worth of lighting. And the before and after photos just shows the kind of tonality the phone camera can give you: not much.
    Last edited by brapodam; 13th September 2010 at 01:56 PM.

try shooting extreme dark outdoor.

i bet even a pns beats iphone down.

PS: I am an iphone user btw

Quote Originally Posted by noobnoob View Post
    check this out guys now all you need is your iphone haha
    http://fstoppers.com/iphone/

Meh. He'd have gotten better results with a better cameraphone.
    Alpha