Thread: Ngee Ann City National Lion Dance Championships (Semi - Finals)

Default Ngee Ann City National Lion Dance Championships (Semi - Finals)

1. In what area is critique to be sought ?

I seek for critique regarding composition skills and lighting.

2. What one hopes to achieve with this piece of work ?

I personally hope to achieve the best moment captured when the performer is attempting a stunt.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (Physical conditions/ Emotions)

This shot was taken at around 10pm, there were harsh flood lights at every corner of the event.
    The situation also forced me to shoot with focal length of 200mm x 1.6 and wide open at f4 with ISO of 3200.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.

I personally feel this is one of the best keeper in the entire 300+ shots i had taken.

Default Re: Ngee Ann City National Lion Dance Championships (Semi - Finals)

Love the mood of the picture. But the taka word cut off is distracting. You can clone stamp that away together with the CHANEL at the bottom left. A picture with big words will make the reader wanna read it, and be distracted from the subject. Also at the lion's legs the lighting was harsh. Perhaps you could do something about it.

All in all i felt the picture was perfect if it was taken without the building at the back..

Nice attempt!

Agreed with hotchocolate... the words are the distracting element in an otherwise nice photo...

thus better composition mayb?

or just use PP to take away the words.. if that was the only composition available..
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

it could have been a better picture with some "motion" being captured,just my 2 cents worth opinion

Quote Originally Posted by hotchoco1ate View Post
    Love the mood of the picture. But the taka word cut off is distracting. You can clone stamp that away together with the CHANEL at the bottom left. A picture with big words will make the reader wanna read it, and be distracted from the subject. Also at the lion's legs the lighting was harsh. Perhaps you could do something about it.

All in all i felt the picture was perfect if it was taken without the building at the back..

Nice attempt!
    Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    Agreed with hotchocolate... the words are the distracting element in an otherwise nice photo...

thus better composition mayb?

or just use PP to take away the words.. if that was the only composition available..
    Didn't learn must PP skills, this pic is straight out of the camera.
    The floodlight was the cause of the harsh lights @ the legs, lighting was not appropriate at the situation.

Any problems about the noise?
    I shot @ ISO 3200 with 500D. No PP done, straight of the camera, JPEG