Thread: Vesak Day

Default Vesak Day

hmmm .... i'm thinking of shooting on the vesak day, but have no idea which temples to go, or even knowing which temples allow photography.

anyone has a better idea on which temples to go?

well no one ?? i was thinking of going bright hill temple ...

according to visitsingapore.com, there's one in bukit merah and another in toa payoh...

extracted from the website:
    "Vesak Day
    The most important day in the Buddist calendar, Vesak Day commemorates Buddha's attainment of spiritual enlightenment. In temples, monks melodiously chant holy sutras while devotees release captive birds as a mark of respect to all creatures and to gain merit. Watch these colourful festivities at the Thai Buddhist Temple at Jalan Bukit Merah and Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery in Toa Payoh."

being tourist attractions, my guess is that you're allowed to take pictures...

hope this helps!
    cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by LiOnElLiN
    according to visitsingapore.com, there's one in bukit merah and another in toa payoh...

extracted from the website:
    "Vesak Day
    The most important day in the Buddist calendar, Vesak Day commemorates Buddha's attainment of spiritual enlightenment. In temples, monks melodiously chant holy sutras while devotees release captive birds as a mark of respect to all creatures and to gain merit. Watch these colourful festivities at the Thai Buddhist Temple at Jalan Bukit Merah and Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery in Toa Payoh."

being tourist attractions, my guess is that you're allowed to take pictures...

hope this helps!
    cheers!
    hey thankS~

Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    well no one ?? i was thinking of going bright hill temple ...
    bright hill temple and waterloo street quan yin temple will be celebrating vesak day tomorrow but will be very very crowded.......hmmm....not advisable to photo shoot.
    some small temples will be celebrating also......like the one in p.ubin, the thai-temple, those few temples along old tampines road, buddhist temple in t.kurau lor 'g', temples along still road........may be you wish to try them out......not so pack with people.

to all CSers....HAPPY VESAK DAY and MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

oh yes......one more....the sleeping buddha of sri langkarayama buddhist temple at st. michael road.