Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Thread: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

  1. #21
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    It seems no one mentioned 1000D, small and light. Never check it's market pricing, but should be petty cheap.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Quote Originally Posted by android17 View Post
    For 2nd hand, ive seen sony a100, 230 and minolta 5D going for $2xx.
    Any idea how the Dynax 5 compares to the A230, considering that the Dynax 5 is Minolta's cream while A230 is Sony's entry level.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Any idea how the Dynax 5 compares to the A230, considering that the Dynax 5 is Minolta's cream while A230 is Sony's entry level.
    You have good taste bro. The Dynax 5D should be going for around $300 but the features on the A230 seems to be better.

    I kinda miss my Dynax 5D after I sold it.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  4. #24

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Actually i find that the dynax 5D has better functions than a230 due to:

    DoF preview button
    Mirror lockup (important feature)
    Release shutter without lens (enables aperture priority with mf lens)
    These 3 features are not available in most entry level dslrs.
    The 5D also has a dedicated ael button which is lacking in a230.

    The advantage of a230 is higher resolution and a nicer lcd screen.

    The minolta 5D becomes even more impressive when u compared it to other entry level dslrs.

    It has build in drive motor and exposure bracketing (both not found in nikon entry levels), spot metering (canon 1000d don hv spot metering!), wireless flash commander (this function is usually found in semi pro models from canikon), build in image stabilizer....

    Not bad for a $200 dslr if i may say.
    Last edited by android17; 9th September 2010 at 03:30 PM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    If it's really at $200, I don't mind picking one up again.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  6. #26

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Its always been going for $2xx in bns

    Good to buy as a backup body (or use it as a teaching tool to teach beginners)

  7. #27
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Quote Originally Posted by android17 View Post
    Its always been going for $2xx in bns

    Good to buy as a backup body (or use it as a teaching tool to teach beginners)
    OK bro, Let me search for one in BnS. Thanks
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Quote Originally Posted by android17 View Post
    Actually i find that the dynax 5D has better functions than a230 due to:

    DoF preview button
    Mirror lockup (important feature)
    Release shutter without lens (enables aperture priority with mf lens)
    These 3 features are not available in most entry level dslrs.
    The 5D also has a dedicated ael button which is lacking in a230.

    The advantage of a230 is higher resolution and a nicer lcd screen.

    The minolta 5D becomes even more impressive when u compared it to other entry level dslrs.

    It has build in drive motor and exposure bracketing (both not found in nikon entry levels), spot metering (canon 1000d don hv spot metering!), wireless flash commander (this function is usually found in semi pro models from canikon), build in image stabilizer....

    Not bad for a $200 dslr if i may say.
    Thanks. Can see you have done extensive comparisons before. The Dynax 5D seems quite appealing. Do you know if it's crop factor is 1.5x or something else? I can live with the 6.1MP.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Thanks. Can see you have done extensive comparisons before. The Dynax 5D seems quite appealing. Do you know if it's crop factor is 1.5x or something else? I can live with the 6.1MP.
    Yes its a 1.5x crop

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    I know I mentioned I am not looking for rangefinder as I know if I say otherwise, Leica will be mentioned. I came across this Epson R-D1s. Anyone knows the lens mount it accepts and have experience with it?


  11. #31

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    I know I mentioned I am not looking for rangefinder as I know if I say otherwise, Leica will be mentioned. I came across this Epson R-D1s. Anyone knows the lens mount it accepts and have experience with it?

    Takes M mount and screw mount via adapter.
    Pretty cool camera, but last I looked in BnS, it was not cheap.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Takes M mount and screw mount via adapter.
    Pretty cool camera, but last I looked in BnS, it was not cheap.
    ok. thanks. Lens mount not compatible.

  13. #33
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    It seems the thread is hijacked and topic seems to drifted far apart until what is the mount for RF camera.... -_-"

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    It seems the thread is hijacked and topic seems to drifted far apart until what is the mount for RF camera.... -_-"
    no the thread is not hijacked. The search is still on for the smallest interchangeable digital camera. Just need to broaden the scope abit to see what else is available.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    no the thread is not hijacked. The search is still on for the smallest interchangeable digital camera. Just need to broaden the scope abit to see what else is available.
    How abt a film rangefinder + scan to CD?
    Certainly cheap start up costs and future costs is controllable via usage.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    How abt a film rangefinder + scan to CD?
    Certainly cheap start up costs and future costs is controllable via usage.
    no. the hassle to develop photos. I'll stick to digital. cheap dslr for rugged use.

  17. #37
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    no the thread is not hijacked. The search is still on for the smallest interchangeable digital camera. Just need to broaden the scope abit to see what else is available.
    ...
    Thread title wrote smallest and cheapest DSLR (No mirrorless or RF stated in TS first post), but now RF brought inside = hijack thread and pulling away from objective already.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    ...
    Thread title wrote smallest and cheapest DSLR (No mirrorless or RF stated in TS first post), but now RF brought inside = hijack thread and pulling away from objective already.
    Aiyo, he is the treadstarter so how to say he hijack his own track? He can ask whatever relevant question. As he is evaluating what camera to use it is fine for him to ask what mount etc. Or would you rather the TS start a new thread for each different question?

  19. #39
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Aiyo, he is the treadstarter so how to say he hijack his own track? He can ask whatever relevant question. As he is evaluating what camera to use it is fine for him to ask what mount etc. Or would you rather the TS start a new thread for each different question?
    You got a very valid point. That's why I avoid starting a new thread. Instead I would see the most appropriate thread and discuss from there.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  20. #40
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Aiyo, he is the treadstarter so how to say he hijack his own track? He can ask whatever relevant question. As he is evaluating what camera to use it is fine for him to ask what mount etc. Or would you rather the TS start a new thread for each different question?
    KK, it is my fault...

    Just that when posting a new thread, it helps when needed to use the search function to find a topic posted before.

    Anyway I am curious why TS is interested in the epson. When I saw it long ago, I did a search online thinking I chance upon a cheaper RF. Damn it cost 2k+ in second hand market

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •