Thread: Where to get painkiller

Default Where to get painkiller

Sometimes a back muscular pain or ache can cause you not have the ability to work or even walk properly. The doctor will give you painkiller which will stopped the pain very quickly. Wonder if I can get the painkiller (tablet form) in the local medical stores or at Guardians. Anyone with similar experiences care to share?

Default Re: Where to get painkiller

Talk to the pharmacist in Guardian, Watson, Unity or other pharmacy, probably can tell them what painkiller you have taken before.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

OTC painkillers are usually very mild.

Best is to go to a doctor for prescription and get an appropriate pain-killer.

All the best forward.

I had similar experiences in 2006, 2008 and in july 2010 I felt it coming again so I pre-empt it. Went for Acupuncture.

Due to job nature, sat too long in office over long hours, blood circulation was bad around the lower back area. It hit me in 2006, to the extend that I walk with pain in my back,very very slowly and body slanted to left side, about 60 degrees and I felt a sharp pain and it was unbearable. The company doctor just gave me some useless painkillers .

Went for 2 acupuncture, and the session includes a " Ba Guan " vaccum glass over the acupuncture site treatment to suck out the stagnant blood. Able to walk with my back straighten after the session. Went for a 2nd session the next day, and I'm good from day 3 onwards.

Happened to me again in 2008, went for same treatment again and stupidly felt it coming again in July 2010, couldn't walk with my back straightened , so to pre-empt it, went for 1 session immediately.

Forward , let me know if you wish to have a go at this. PM me and I will pass you the contact. I'm not related to this person, just that he had relieved me of my bad back pain on 3 occasions. All the best and take care. I know how much it hurts.

I've been having pain for about 5 weeks now.
    At first I thought it'd go away, but after about 3 weeks, I went to the doctor about it to referred me to the physio.

In this time, I'm selling my heavy camera gear for lighter camera gear.

A few weeks ago I'd take painkillers every night before sleeping, but then once they wore off, I'd wake up and toss&turn in bed
    However, I think I'm getting better! So I don't need to eat painkillers every night. My sis says I walk funny now though!

I bought my painkillers from the supermarket. It doesn't get rid of the pain, but whenI take it, I think it will help a bit!
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35 View Post
    I had similar experiences in 2006, 2008 and in july 2010 I felt it coming again so I pre-empt it. Went for Acupuncture....
    The company doctor just gave me some useless painkillers .
    Forward , let me know if you wish to have a go at this. PM me and I will pass you the contact. I'm not related to this person, just that he had relieved me of my bad back pain on 3 occasions. All the best and take care. I know how much it hurts.
    I did not have any fall, but I feel a certain type of food especially something sour found in chicken rice chilly sauce or sour veg fish soup. After taking these foods the pain comes after 3 to 4 fours and won't go away for days.

I have to get TCM treatment immediately for the pain is unbearable. Kindly let me know the details.

Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post
    Sometimes a back muscular pain or ache can cause you not have the ability to work or even walk properly. The doctor will give you painkiller which will stopped the pain very quickly. Wonder if I can get the painkiller (tablet form) in the local medical stores or at Guardians. Anyone with similar experiences care to share?
    over the counter painkillers involve stuff like ibuprofen, paracetamol and aspirin.

these are good enough for mild pains, but if you can't work or walk properly... i don't know, that's a personal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post
    I did not have any fall, but I feel a certain type of food especially something sour found in chicken rice chilly sauce or sour veg fish soup. After taking these foods the pain comes after 3 to 4 fours and won't go away for days.

I have to get TCM treatment immediately for the pain is unbearable. Kindly let me know the details.

Bro, I hope the contact will do you some good. Let me know if there is any thing else I can help you.

My mum also have this problem after eating certain food, like peanuts, chicken innards etc. Diet may play a part. There isn't enough scientific research studies done to proof the link or otherwise. Just do what you think works for you.

There are still alot of things that science cannot proof, as there isn't enough funds for so many scientific research to be done.