Thread: keeping filters

Default keeping filters

Hi,

May i know how you chaps keep ur CPL or GNDs? i'm looking at ways where i can better organise and access to my filters. Right now, my GND is kept in a wallet n leaving the CPL on my lens. I figure that if i keep the CPL and replace wif a UV, its very troublesome to repack into its container.

Do you keep all the filters into 1 carrier? like filter wallet or something like that?
    D90|18-105mm|35mm|50mm|85mm|200mm Micro|24-70mm|

Default Re: keeping filters

Why on earth do you keep the CPL on your lens??
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Why on earth do you keep the CPL on your lens??
    coz i misplaced my UV and i figured, should i be a klutz, its cheaper for me sacrifice the CPL than the lens.

This is the reason why i enquire abt how all of you keep ur various CPLs should you ever bring 2-3 lens out for shoot?

I use this and keep it on my belt. When I'm using shorts without belt, I hook it on my bag's side.

Tamrac's MX5388 Filter Belt Pack

If not wrong, bought it for $26 @ K-13. Keep all my filters in here, even my square ones.

HTH.

PS: Kinda weird to have your CPL on at all times. Sometimes, you can shoot 'naked'.
    Last edited by dingaroo; 7th September 2010 at 05:38 PM.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

I got this from Cathay,

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    I use this and keep it on my belt. When I'm using shorts without belt, I hook it on my bag's side.

If not wrong, bought it for $26 @ K-13. Keep all my filters in here, even my square ones.

HTH.

PS: Kinda weird to have your CPL on at all times. Sometimes, you can shoot 'naked'.
    interesting pouch.. will take a look.

as for shooting "naked".. i dun wanna do an Edison leh... dangerous leh...

tt brings me to this question.

For those of you who use filters like UV, do u leave one UV filter on each n every lens that you own?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kelstorm75 View Post
    interesting pouch.. will take a look.

as for shooting "naked".. i dun wanna do an Edison leh... dangerous leh...

tt brings me to this question.

For those of you who use filters like UV, do u leave one UV filter on each n every lens that you own?
    Yes i have a UV filter attached to all of my lenses

Hmm, interesting topic Always finding a place to keep my CPL when I take it out at night, very le cheh to open and close the casette box. AND it's rather bulky!

Dingaroo Bro, what are the dimensions on that? I want to keep everything within my StreetWalker if possible

Same here. Got mine from OP. Kept it strap to side of my bag for easy access. The squarish plastic cokin filter holders fit just nicely into the compartments. And each holder can fit 2 or 3 filters, so you can arrange one for GND and another for ND or say, different compartments to differentiate 2 or 3 stop filters and so on. Very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    I got this from Cathay,

Does it fit 77mm filters?

Quote Originally Posted by CamInit View Post
    Same here. Got mine from OP. Kept it strap to side of my bag for easy access. The squarish plastic cokin filter holders fit just nicely into the compartments. And each holder can fit 2 or 3 filters, so you can arrange one for GND and another for ND or say, different compartments to differentiate 2 or 3 stop filters and so on. Very convenient.
    interesting... never tot of using the filter holders as holding filters itself.. tks for the tip mate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ang View Post
    Hmm, interesting topic Always finding a place to keep my CPL when I take it out at night, very le cheh to open and close the casette box. AND it's rather bulky!

Dingaroo Bro, what are the dimensions on that? I want to keep everything within my StreetWalker if possible
    i feel ur pain Bro... remove already, no place to put the CPL... sometimes i just put inside my berms pocket... after cracking one of my CPL (accidentally sat on it), i had enuff... tt is why i came up wif this qn...

HTH.

I have this too. Must say its really useful. Previously, used to put everything all over the place. It has 5 folders which i use to store my CPL, ND, cokin GND filters. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Silas View Post
    Does it fit 77mm filters?
    Yes, it fits 77 mm filters.