Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: urgent help with flashgun needed

  1. #1

    Default urgent help with flashgun needed

    Hi everyone,
    i need some help here. my frens have asked me to cover an open air event tonight, so there's no ceiling for me to bounce the light from my flashgun.

    what can i to bounce the light or maybe it less harsh. i got a reflecter card attached to the flashgun and also a diffuser if that's any help.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: urgent help with flashgun needed

    Try the lightsphere.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  3. #3
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: urgent help with flashgun needed

    Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    i need some help here. my frens have asked me to cover an open air event tonight, so there's no ceiling for me to bounce the light from my flashgun.

    what can i to bounce the light or maybe it less harsh. i got a reflecter card attached to the flashgun and also a diffuser if that's any help.

    thanks
    U dun need to bounce off the ceiling to diffuse ur flash

    What u have surely suffice.

    u can even diy to do sth like this

    http://www.pinoyphotography.org/forum/index.php?page=39
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  4. #4

    Default Re: urgent help with flashgun needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    U dun need to bounce off the ceiling to diffuse ur flash

    What u have surely suffice.

    u can even diy to do sth like this

    http://www.pinoyphotography.org/forum/index.php?page=39
    so where shld i point the flash to?

    it's at night, so dnt want to have a very bright subject while backgrd is dark.

    btw, i think i have something similar to the item you showed in the link
    Last edited by ahming111; 7th September 2010 at 03:30 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: urgent help with flashgun needed

    Hi TS,

    it doesn't matter what diffuser u use if you do not meter for the background/ambient light you will get a bright foreground vs a dark background.

  6. #6

    Default Re: urgent help with flashgun needed

    Your bounce card is more than sufficient for your needs.HTH

  7. #7
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: urgent help with flashgun needed

    Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    so where shld i point the flash to?

    it's at night, so dnt want to have a very bright subject while backgrd is dark.

    btw, i think i have something similar to the item you showed in the link
    Just point ur flashgun upwards.. with diffuser in place..

    Of cos u wont want ur flash to overpower ur ambience, adjust ur ISO accordingly to compensate for a "suitable handheld shutter duration at a desirable aperture choice.

    Below taken with SB900 with Demp flip it pro 1/4 M power -0.3EV

    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  8. #8

    Default Re: urgent help with flashgun needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Just point ur flashgun upwards.. with diffuser in place..

    Of cos u wont want ur flash to overpower ur ambience, adjust ur ISO accordingly to compensate for a "suitable handheld shutter duration at a desirable aperture choice.

    Below taken with SB900 with Demp flip it pro 1/4 M power -0.3EV

    wat's the flash mode? slow, normal, rear etc...?

    so i just point upwards and need to adjust those flaps tht reflects the flash?

  9. #9
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: urgent help with flashgun needed

    Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    wat's the flash mode? slow, normal, rear etc...?

    so i just point upwards and need to adjust those flaps tht reflects the flash?
    and hopefully ur flash has enough power. remember shutter speed incase of subject blur after u use ur flash etc. if u gonna bump up iso, remember noise consideration. if i'm u, and i dun have a high end body but just my 450d, i'll take a black bg over no photos.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: urgent help with flashgun needed

    Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    wat's the flash mode? slow, normal, rear etc...?

    so i just point upwards and need to adjust those flaps tht reflects the flash?
    i will suggest u read up more on flash exposure

    it will help in the long run.

    here
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •