Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

  1. #1

    Default Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Going thru CS thread and sub forum cant help wonder :'WHY DO WE NEED OTHERS TO jUSTIFY OUR BUYS"

    Pls Can share ur tot here??

  2. #2

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    depends...if the one who pay is yourself, as long you happy-lah. But if it was sponsored by someone else, it better be a justified purchase.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    every buy i made is thought through by myself.

    sometimes if i am unsure about the options available, i might start a thread to check if there are options unknown to me, that i should consider.

    other than that, i don't understand why people ask if they should buy A versus B? C versus D?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Prevent buyer's regret?

  5. #5
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    unfortunately, not everyone is as knowledgeable or confident as yourselves
    sometimes they want to be reassured about their choices before they spend their hard earned money

  6. #6

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    unfortunately, not everyone is as knowledgeable or confident as yourselves
    sometimes they want to be reassured about their choices before they spend their hard earned money
    and this reassurance is useful?

    if you think about it properly, at the end of the day, is just ask for fun.

    you will still make your own decisions.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

    After you buy, don't forget to take a photo of your buy and create a thread, add it to your signature, take a few snap shots with the new buy and write a short review on how much you love the sharpness and built. Be prepare to answer question like where you brought it, how much you paid for it, and how it performance as compare with similar product.

    Do remember those people that comments congrat message in your buying thread and do return the favour when they post a thread of their buy.

    Last edited by Leong23; 7th September 2010 at 10:13 AM.

  8. #8
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    and this reassurance is useful?

    if you think about it properly, at the end of the day, is just ask for fun.

    you will still make your own decisions.
    maybe not to you or me
    i suppose it would be for them, since they don't know in the first place

  9. #9
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lx3ChuA View Post
    Going thru CS thread and sub forum cant help wonder :'WHY DO WE NEED OTHERS TO jUSTIFY OUR BUYS"

    Pls Can share ur tot here??
    Ah Chua, you must be having a great relaxing free time over your side... hahaha...
    Anyway can you elaborate more?
    What I want to understand from your question is, you mean:
    1. Why do some CSers, after buying something, need to put up a thread to ask if they bought correctly?
    2. Why some CSers put up a thread to ask for opinion before buying something?
    3. Why some CSers put up a thread after buying new equipments and just want other people to say good things about that equipment, and get unhappy when bad things are said about that equipment?

    Which one huh, Ah Chua?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

    After you buy, don't forget to take a photo of your buy and create a thread, add it to your signature, take a few snap shots with the new buy and write a short review on how much you love the sharpness and built. Be prepare to answer question like where you brought it, how much you paid for it, and how it performance as compare with similar product.

    Do remember those people that comments congrat message in your buying thread and do return the favour when they post a thread of their buy.


    also, remember that the review must revolve around gushing about how beautiful the lens is... and it cannot be objective.

    if anyone makes disparaging remarks about the lens you must show that you are and whack them hard. best to drag in BBB buddies to join forces with you to repel such intruders if need be.


  11. #11

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    maybe not to you or me
    i suppose it would be for them, since they don't know in the first place
    it is very hard for me to emphatize...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Personally, there are a few aspects to look at.

    1. Pride/Ego. Some people buy to gain recognition that it was a good purchase, good price, etc. Thus some people buy expensive sets to achieve that. I think we are all very familiar with this.

    2. Acceptance. Some people want to feel accepted. They already have the choice in mind, it is just that they want others to accept their buying decision. To say that "yes, you are also like me. We think the same."

    To me, it is your money. You answer to yourself. That's assuming the purchase was done with your own money.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Hello Mr Chua, seems like you are having fun. So what r u getting next?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Before or after questions asked regarding a purchase... 3 reasons ..

    1. spoon feeding culture from young
    2. laziness to do the necessary research
    3. lack of confidence in one's own decision making

    There could be other reasons but the above are most common
    Last edited by zero o; 7th September 2010 at 01:02 PM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Ah Chua, you must be having a great relaxing free time over your side... hahaha...
    Anyway can you elaborate more?
    What I want to understand from your question is, you mean:
    1. Why do some CSers, after buying something, need to put up a thread to ask if they bought correctly?
    2. Why some CSers put up a thread to ask for opinion before buying something?
    3. Why some CSers put up a thread after buying new equipments and just want other people to say good things about that equipment, and get unhappy when bad things are said about that equipment?

    Which one huh, Ah Chua?
    Haha... Wow u very good ... All the 3 above..")

  16. #16

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    Before or after questions asked regarding a purchase... 3 reasons ..

    1. spoon feeding culture from young
    2. laziness to do the necessary research
    3. lack of confidence in one's own decision making

    There could be other reasons but the above are most common
    I totally agreed on wat u had siad... Everytime the same question ask... I tin they hadly used the "SEARCH" function...

  17. #17

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Used to do that when in the first 3 months of getting 1st dslr.
    Now i just do more research and view more reviews....
    Last but not least, give myself 2 months cooling period
    Just shoot.

  18. #18
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lx3ChuA View Post
    Going thru CS thread and sub forum cant help wonder :'WHY DO WE NEED OTHERS TO jUSTIFY OUR BUYS"

    Pls Can share ur tot here??
    I need others to help justify why I should NOT buy something. Unfortunately, my group of friends are BBB type so in the end, I have to justify why I should not myself. Most of the time, if I spot an item in BnS, a deal too good, it would be buy first justify later anyway else item would be reserved/sold

    Do I fall in the weird category? But I do ask for advise especially items which I am not familiar with 2nd hand prices

  19. #19
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    I think the title shoud be - "Do I need to justify my buys" - and the answer is NO.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  20. #20

    Default Re: Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    I think the title shoud be - "Do I need to justify my buys" - and the answer is NO.
    TS wanted to understand why so many buyers will still want/need to let OTHERS to justify their purchases
    always the Light, .... always.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •