Thread: Photography is not my only passion.

Default Photography is not my only passion.

Hi guys. I headed to the old National Stadium of Singapore today that is slated for demolition to have a look at this rare crane in Singapore Skyline. It is a Demag CC2800 from Tiong Woon Crane and is just 2 years old. Assembling it was a Demag AC1600(a 500t capacity mobile crane) that has seen its better days. After conversing with some of the crew members, i learned quickly that Tiong Woon had actually preferred Demag over Liebherr(another maker of such machines) for certain reasons which i will explain later.

Here is a quick specifications about this crane and the configuration.

Crane Type
    ================

Demag CC2800

*Max. 600T capacity at 10m radius (600t = 600 small sedan cars)

*45t/m^2 of pressure on foot of tracks at maximum load

*Approximately 60% Hydraulics and 40% Electrical systems. (Info from operator)

================

Configuration used
    ================

*SSL/LSL configuration

*90m boom consisting of heavy boom and light boom.

*Derrick boom(Superlift) setup with ballast(Superlift Counterweight)

*600t hook

================

Load
    ================

100t section of Stadium's spotlight structure. They will be cut into 100t/piece sections and lifted down.

================

Operator's comment
    ================

*Prefered Demag over Liebherr due to operation "feel"

*Easier to diagnose problem compared to Liebherr due to lesser electrical parts

================

Okay now is time for pictures!

Nikon D7100 | Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art | AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED

Default Re: Photography is not my only passion.

The HUGE 600t hook

Disclaimer:

*All images posted are copyrighted. Please refrain from posting them elsewhere without my permission.

*During the walkabout at the gangway of the crane, i am wearing a safety helmet lent to me by the kind and friendly crane operator.
    Nikon D7100 | Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art | AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED

Default Re: Photography is not my only passion.

i like your angle of shooting... unexpected beauty on the certain angle on crane