Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: ebay lens purchase

  1. #1

    Default ebay lens purchase

    hi all,

    i noticed that for certain lenses here in singapore, the prices are a little less affordable

    just wondering if anyone has tried buying lenses from ebay/online eshops?

    any experiences?

    pew

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: ebay lens purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewpew View Post
    hi all,

    i noticed that for certain lenses here in singapore, the prices are a little less affordable

    just wondering if anyone has tried buying lenses from ebay/online eshops?

    any experiences?

    pew
    There are many threads on 'Ebay' already.Please do a search...

  3. #3

    Default Re: ebay lens purchase

    Find the right seller and you are fine...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: ebay lens purchase

    kindly go thru this very educational thread before you embarked on eBay.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...highlight=ebay

  5. #5
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: ebay lens purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    kindly go thru this very educational thread before you embarked on eBay.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...highlight=ebay
    The whole thread points out exactly how a buyer would feel if he/she buys an expensive item over Ebay - Insecure, period
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: ebay lens purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    The whole thread points out exactly how a buyer would feel if he/she buys an expensive item over Ebay - Insecure, period
    Sometimes no choice if you are looking for something that cannot be found otherwise. Just got to bite the bullet and chiong. For example, I bought a Kodak DCS Pro SLR/c which cannot be found anywhere in Singapore.

  7. #7

    Default Re: ebay lens purchase

    i have purchased 1 before. It's an old lens that is not longer in production.
    i read thru the seller's ratings n comments given by others.

    for tat particular seller whom i had bought from, he has ard 14000+ feedback and has around 98% of good ratings.
    did read thru e bad ones but those who left those are just leaving a poor feedback before asking the seller for help.
    hence, i felt pretty safe that the deal will go thru.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    eastern singapore
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: ebay lens purchase

    check the seller's reputation and research on the lens u r buying be it the price or resale value =)

  9. #9
    Member Jolex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: ebay lens purchase

    Stuff do get lost along the way.. That's my biggest worry and disappoint would be great even if it's insured.

  10. #10
    Senior Member oceanpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ghim Moh
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: ebay lens purchase

    Please do research before clicking bid button. Do not ask for opinion whether it is worthed or not after you won the bid then refuse to pay. It's totally uncool.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: ebay lens purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewpew View Post
    hi all,

    i noticed that for certain lenses here in singapore, the prices are a little less affordable

    just wondering if anyone has tried buying lenses from ebay/online eshops?

    any experiences?

    pew
    Its up to ur comfort level and how much u trust the intergrity of the seller and the risk u willing to take for paying a huge premium upfront without first inspecting the item.

    Tats what i did, pay ard 1.3K for my 135DC on ebay and it came up Good..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: ebay lens purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Its up to ur comfort level and how much u trust the intergrity of the seller and the risk u willing to take for paying a huge premium upfront without first inspecting the item.

    Tats what i did, pay ard 1.3K for my 135DC on ebay and it came up Good..
    I am not so lucky. I ended up having to spend 1.5x of what the camera would cost to get it repaired. End of the day, there are risks you have to absorbed. I would say buy things from eBay only if you have to. Support the local retail shops lah.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 7th September 2010 at 09:07 PM.

  13. #13
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,493

    Default Re: ebay lens purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Support the local retail shops lah.
    yup help to do ur part to boost singapore's economy~!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  14. #14

    Default Re: ebay lens purchase

    My first lens from ebay was a 20+ years old legacy lens.

    S$70 on ebay, came to me exactly what the picture shows, looks extremely new with little sign of usage. Very clean, both exterior and interior.

    2nd hand shops here sell around $180 for exactly the same model, but exterior condition is very bad.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: ebay lens purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    I am not so lucky. I ended up having to spend 1.5x of what the camera would cost to get it repaired. End of the day, there are risks you have to absorbed. I would say buy things from eBay only if you have to. Support the local retail shops lah.
    Aiyah, much depending on the thing u intend to acquire, the one i got is AFD lens, so no issue or whether SWM or VR failing..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •