Thread: Adobe Gamma frustation

Default Adobe Gamma frustation

I calibrated my monitor with the print that was printed in Adam Photo. I used Adobe Gamma to calibrate the colours. The frustation always sets in everytime I started or restarted my PC where the colour are set back to default. For further information, i didn't tick "View Single Gamma Only" as I can tweak the colours with more freedom.

Anyone here has the similiar experience and managed to kick the problem away?

Thanks in advance

Did you save the profile ie XXX.icm
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

Hi Jer,

I can only save the profile in *.ICC type of file.

Can you guide me further?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by arikevin
    I can only save the profile in *.ICC type of file.
    ICC for Macintosh operating system. ICM used with the Windows operating system. They are interchangeable (cross platform) between either operating system.

...always sets in everytime I started or restarted my PC where the colour are set back to default...
    In your Display Properties (Advanced), under Color management, have you set the new Profile as default?

Quote Originally Posted by MashiMaro
    ICC for Macintosh operating system. ICM used with the Windows operating system. They are interchangeable (cross platform) between either operating system.

In your Display Properties (Advanced), under Color management, have you set the new Profile as default?
    Yeah, i have set it to default but still no avail.
    Do you have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Jer
    Did you save the profile ie XXX.icm
    Adobe Gamma does not produce a ICM file AFAIK. It does not produce anything at all; the settings are saved either into a file or the registry.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    Adobe Gamma does not produce a ICM file AFAIK. It does not produce anything at all; the settings are saved either into a file or the registry.
    Adobe gamma will generate a ICC file after calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerstorer
    Adobe gamma will generate a ICC file after calibration.
    Yeah, it asks me to save everytime i loaded my ICC profile. but it won't just save and load as default whenever i start/restart my pc.

Yeah, it asks me to save everytime i loaded my ICC profile. but it won't just save and load as default whenever i start/restart my pc.
    Have you tried manually setting the file as default in your driver properties panel on desktop?

Don't encounter such problems with mine.

Do you have the same problem?
    I can't remember.. Maybe I did.
    Try to delete the Defaul Monitor in Device Manager and restart the computer.
    Reset the new profile as default.
    Hope it helps. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerstorer
    Have you tried manually setting the file as default in your driver properties panel on desktop?

Don't encounter such problems with mine.
    You mean the colour management tab?
    I have tried but to no avail.