Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who complained to the ministers that our trains are too packed?

Default So who complained to the ministers that our trains are too packed?

So who complained to the Ministers about our SMRT trains arrived few minutes late and are too packed?

always the Light, .... always.

Default Re: So who complained to the ministers that our trains are too packed?

i wanna like keep political issues off CS but, just how much are their ministers paid?

That is i suppose "crush load" ?

i tot we are now 1st world country?? so must compare apple with apple lor...

Quote Originally Posted by ZamZam View Post
    i tot we are now 1st world country?? so must compare apple with apple lor...
    Thats the trick, to always end up looking better, always compare to some place that is worse.

yes...should always compare with the best mah

eg. Japan that has the best train system in the world, with COMBINED delay of 12 seconds in the whole year

Is that the driver at the front?

So those people standing on but outside the train, do they pay concession rate or is it a free ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    So who complained to the Ministers about our SMRT trains arrived few minutes late and are too packed?

i saw this in India many times... there is a difference... in India, life style is not that rush... they are always late... you go to their govt depts to do something, u will never get it done... u apply for a permit, send it there using DHL, fax them informing them u had send them soemthing, called them up to tell them... they will say yes we will process.. but after a few months, stilll nothing...

but here in sg, if we will to work like this, we will be sacked in no time..

when i am in india, i lost concept of time ... things are just slow... and it seems i have lots of time... but when i came back... i always wonder who stole my time away...

so there is a difference..

i expect world class standard in everything...nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post
    i expect world class standard in everything...nothing less.
    hahaha... i think we should expect better than world class.. because our ministers are paid higher than US President!

Quote Originally Posted by Sispecho View Post
    i wanna like keep political issues off CS but, just how much are their ministers paid?
    I remember a long time ago, when someone mentioned to MM Lee back when he was still PM about the high pay of SG ministers, he said something like:
    "I am the best paid, but I am the poorest. Those in other countries are worst paid, but they are the richest."

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    I remember a long time ago, when someone mentioned to MM Lee back when he was still PM about the high pay of SG ministers, he said something like:
    "I am the best paid, but I am the poorest. Those in other countries are worst paid, but they are the richest."
    so does he need public assistance ? poor? wtf!

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Thats the trick, to always end up looking better, always compare to some place that is worse.
    that's only half of the story. the other half is, when time to raise price, always compare to some place that is more expensive. and our garment is very good at these tricks.

"SENIOR Minister Goh Chok Tong has chided Singaporeans for complaining too much about overcrowded trains and the lack of carpark spaces and public housing. He said that these were problems created by Singapore's success, and urged the nation to look at them in context."

how does overcrowded trains relate to singapore's success?

or is he referring to singapore's success in getting more people to jam pack into trains?

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    so does he need public assistance ? poor? wtf!
    You fail to get the irony of the point he was bringing up.

Ministers in my home country are paid peanuts (IIRC my PM is paid roughly less than SGD10k per-month), yet they are also among the richest individuals in SEA.
    Side-income?

Blog Entries

problem with singapore is that they always compare as a country. like singapore to china, to malaysia, to usa.

what the people actually miss is that singapore is an island state. our country is like our capitol. we dun have other smaller county do we?
    each time u see ppl compare, its country to country. what we shld be doing is compare city vs city
    and u see the difference.

singapore to beijing, shanghai, taipei, KL, newyork, london etc.

now there u see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    You fail to get the irony of the point he was bringing up.

Ministers in my home country are paid peanuts (IIRC my PM is paid roughly less than SGD10k per-month), yet they are also among the richest individuals in SEA.
    Side-income?
    i know.. our govt always said neighbouring countries ministers are rich due to corruption... but how can he say he himself is poor? if he is poor, then i don't know what is poor and what is rich... but i am not sure if he did said he is poor by the way...

anyway i am very displeased with the public assistance... govt should do more...

Quote Originally Posted by lostsole View Post
    "SENIOR Minister Goh Chok Tong has chided Singaporeans for complaining too much about overcrowded trains and the lack of carpark spaces and public housing. He said that these were problems created by Singapore's success, and urged the nation to look at them in context."
    i thought Mr Goh should say something like "If no complaints, then I worry."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast