Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help on my first DSLR, urgent.

Default Re: Need help on my first DSLR, urgent.

Quote Originally Posted by flintflameinferno View Post
    read ur manual 1st...

even if u own d3s, it wont help u taking better pict..

read manual or use google.... simple
    Okok hmm what is IS0 200-3200 range (100-6400 expanded)?? it mention on the D90 specs. iizzit can reach lower ISO 100 and clock to the higher ISO 6400
    Last edited by cadefox; 5th September 2010 at 12:19 AM.
    [Canon 500D][EF-S 15-85mm][EF 50mm II][430EX II]
    HomePage's[http://cadefox.multiply.com/]

Quote Originally Posted by cadefox View Post
    Okok hmm what is IS0 200-3200 range (100-6400 expanded)?? it mention on the D90 specs. iizzit can reach lower ISO 100 and clock to the higher ISO 6400
    yup, the "normal" range is 200-3200, but u can "boost" it to 100-6400, but Nikon says it performs better at its "normal" ISO range.. (optimum range, so called..)
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

Hi all,

thank you for the advices & experiences that u guys share with me. Went to MS color & wish to buy Nikon D90 body only but was told no stock unless buy with kit len II @ $1499 compare with AP @ $1450. At last, bought a Canon 550D with Sigma len 18mm-200mm compare with 18mm-250mm which is slightly different as for me but price wise is $289 different.

As for handling wise, I personally feel that D90 is better but too bad no stock at that moment.

Anyway, I will be attending the Canon course to learn the basic function of the camera. After that, I will need the the expert & pro here to assist me along.

Best regards,
    Samson.

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    Bro...sometimes people learn on the quiet.

Hi, you might be wrong because I don't learn quietly. I lost interest after joined the club due to commitment until recently went to USA Washington DC & New York & found out that I need a good camera to keep pictures as memory.

End of this year, I will be going to Japan & do not wish to miss again. So I buy now & give myself 3 months to handle or master the camera.

Best regards,
    Samson.

Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    Hi all,

thank you for the advices & experiences that u guys share with me. Went to MS color & wish to buy Nikon D90 body only but was told no stock unless buy with kit len II @ $1499 compare with AP @ $1450. At last, bought a Canon 550D with Sigma len 18mm-200mm compare with 18mm-250mm which is slightly different as for me but price wise is $289 different.

As for handling wise, I personally feel that D90 is better but too bad no stock at that moment.

Anyway, I will be attending the Canon course to learn the basic function of the camera. After that, I will need the the expert & pro here to assist me along.

Best regards,
    Samson.
    u can't go wrong with both choice in the end it's 30% tool, 70% you who make good pictures , congrats on ur cam and welcome to the canon club lol , happy shootin

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Best regards,
    Samson.
    Congrats on the purchase. The 550D is a good camera.

I encourage you to read more online, and join some newbie outings under the Outings subforum.

Good start here:

Camera basics
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

Composition
    http://www.amateursnapper.com/photog...position-rules
    http://digital-photography-school.co...mposition-tips

More topics covered here:
    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Congrats on the purchase. The 550D is a good camera.

I encourage you to read more online, and join some newbie outings under the Outings subforum.

Good start here:

Camera basics
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

Composition
    http://www.amateursnapper.com/photog...position-rules
    http://digital-photography-school.co...mposition-tips

More topics covered here:
    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm
    Thank you very much, will go through all websites given by you.

Cheers.........

I suggest the 50-500, lets you zoom from far to near

Quote Originally Posted by driveanegg View Post
    ......go to Adorama.com and B&H website.
    Both are reputable camera stores with a huge online presence. .......
    Thanks so much for the recommendation for Adorama Camera!

BTW if you ever need advice or after-sales support, I'm only an email away: HelenO@adorama.com

Hi all,

Best regards,
    Samson.

no problem.. don't stress urself.. enjoy it and you will be good at it...

need tips must shoot and post then people can advice and tip
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

(Nikon D90) or (Canon 550D) which one better? Haha.....both are good DSLR.......But personally I prefer D90, the top small LCD look more pro and better griping.
    Olympus Evolt E510 14-42mm - 40-150mm Zuiko ED
    flickr

Cool.. Congra for getting a DSLR.

Welcome to CS ^^
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Welcome to the world of DSLR . . . and congrat on getting your new toy.

shoot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leecheekiang View Post
    (Nikon D90) or (Canon 550D) which one better? Haha.....both are good DSLR.......But personally I prefer D90, the top small LCD look more pro and better griping.
    Different people like different things, so different cameras will be 'better' to different people. Please understand your own needs, so you can make an informed and well thought out decision.

BTW, the top small LCD does more than just 'look more pro'. It is very useful in some situations.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Different people like different things, so different cameras will be 'better' to different people. Please understand your own needs, so you can make an informed and well thought out decision.

BTW, the top small LCD does more than just 'look more pro'. It is very useful in some situations.
    Totally agree. DSLR are very personal. Get those you feel good and meet your budget. Shoot n learn !
    Olympus Evolt E510 14-42mm - 40-150mm Zuiko ED
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by leecheekiang View Post
    LOOK pro only...

if in the end you don't play with the camera, learn how to use it to its best, then it will only look pro...

the biggest mistake is to buy it and leave it in the dry cabinet all the time..
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    LOOK pro only...

if in the end you don't play with the camera, learn how to use it to its best, then it will only look pro...

the biggest mistake is to buy it and leave it in the dry cabinet all the time..
    Pro camera nowadays too heavy for my wrinkled and trembling hands. Must get one of those entry level cameras. Lighter and look not so pro so more young gals can help ah pek here. Keke
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    Pro camera nowadays too heavy for my wrinkled and trembling hands. Must get one of those entry level cameras. Lighter and look not so pro so more young gals can help ah pek here. Keke
    So thats the trick!!!

I am so going to get that D3100.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12