Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 1004

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

  1. #181

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758321

    anyone interested, so tempting.... (must resist temptation)
    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    that is so poisonous..
    Need medication?
    Canon|Tamron|Gitzo|Manfrotto|Benro|B+W|Hoya|LCW|LEE|HiT ech|Cokin|TianYa

  2. #182
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Bro, any spare cash left after ur ur reno?

    Dun let this slip away again

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=757316
    I saw it quite early actually. Decided not to go for anything yet lah, until after actual D. Thanks for heads up... lucky in my family, I'm the CFO, not the CEO

    BBB virus affects my other half more than me

  3. #183

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    told u so, damm... why cant my clients pay me quickly... arghz..... zzzzzzzzz
    lolx.. start of the week BBB i will die.. cannot cannot..
    Quote Originally Posted by dleugene View Post
    Need medication?
    resisting it at the moment..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  4. #184
    Senior Member MGohzxc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,309

    Arrow Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Check out my new thread! C&Cs welcome
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...28#post6479128

  5. #185

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    lately i seen a lot question ask abt tripod or monopod, but seldom ppl ask abt the joby gorillapod, i got this pic to share, would u use it...??


    ignore the big camera, hahahaha, look at bottom left hand corner, see the 5DmarkII with the 16-35 on the railing mounted on joby...

    neways the 5D was doing timelapse....

    just wanna know ya views on it....
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  6. #186
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    lately i seen a lot question ask abt tripod or monopod, but seldom ppl ask abt the joby gorillapod, i got this pic to share, would u use it...??


    ignore the big camera, hahahaha, look at bottom left hand corner, see the 5DmarkII with the 16-35 on the railing mounted on joby...

    neways the 5D was doing timelapse....

    just wanna know ya views on it....
    Never personally looked at a Gorillapod, cos I'm a gorilla in a china shop already. SO I'd rather stick with a tripod. But i suppose if it gives good tight clamp and support, why not? Particularly at locations where everyone else is jostling for space, why not?
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  7. #187
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    lately i seen a lot question ask abt tripod or monopod, but seldom ppl ask abt the joby gorillapod, i got this pic to share, would u use it...??


    ignore the big camera, hahahaha, look at bottom left hand corner, see the 5DmarkII with the 16-35 on the railing mounted on joby...

    neways the 5D was doing timelapse....

    just wanna know ya views on it....
    ahhhh... this looks like ze Barrage....

    Yup.. I never looked at Gorillapod. I am thinking of Manfrotto magic arm and super clams though...

  8. #188

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    wah some response... ehehehe


    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Never personally looked at a Gorillapod, cos I'm a gorilla in a china shop already. SO I'd rather stick with a tripod. But i suppose if it gives good tight clamp and support, why not? Particularly at locations where everyone else is jostling for space, why not?
    actually joby with a ballhead can be quite steady, when u Velcro it, a long piece of it i might say... hehehehe..

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    ahhhh... this looks like ze Barrage....

    Yup.. I never looked at Gorillapod. I am thinking of Manfrotto magic arm and super clams though...
    yup itz ze barrage, actually i rather use the joby than the Man. magic arm... yes the magic arm is kind of(let me say again kind of stable, which in fact it does creep even u lock it hard) i rather u the joby, neways both has it pros and cons,... hehehehe... nothin against manfrotto... booo..
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  9. #189
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    yup itz ze barrage, actually i rather use the joby than the Man. magic arm... yes the magic arm is kind of(let me say again kind of stable, which in fact it does creep even u lock it hard) i rather u the joby, neways both has it pros and cons,... hehehehe... nothin against manfrotto... booo..
    different uses la bro. Like for a car rig (which I am thinking of building), magic arm works better. By the way bro, do you know where we can buy this in SG? The suction cups, not the super clamsps.



    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...8&tag=diy0c-20

  10. #190

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    The thread is really slowing down
    Canon|Tamron|Gitzo|Manfrotto|Benro|B+W|Hoya|LCW|LEE|HiT ech|Cokin|TianYa

  11. #191
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Quote Originally Posted by dleugene View Post
    The thread is really slowing down
    You didn't know??? Everyone's given up on Digital and moved to Lomography overnight!

    Saw the English news last night and I thought to myself... yeah right!...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  12. #192
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Question for the sunchasers... can you shoot a nice sunrise/sunset picture from aboard a cruise ship?
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 8th September 2010 at 02:02 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  13. #193
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Quote Originally Posted by dleugene View Post
    The thread is really slowing down
    coz I'm not around to post?

    hehehehe

    Am in Dresden now. Arrived yesterday.
    Had a walk around the city. Really beautifully-restored old buildings.
    It's still in progress now, so a lot of my photos show a bit of construction going on. The lights at night are quite nice as well, but because I have to keep up with the rest, so no chance to deploy tripod, and hence left it in the hotel in Dusseldorf. Flying back there tonight.

    Oktoberfest hasn't officially started I think, but lots of drinking anyways!
    I quite like the German Warsteiner beer.

    How I wish this was more of a photography trip rather than work. I look at my photos, like don't do the place justice!.. though I can't complain about the all-expenses paid bit!
    Exploring! :)

  14. #194
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    wah I see so many outings being organized nowadays! so good!!!

    Exploring! :)

  15. #195
    Member korbidp3k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    195

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Question for the sunchasers... can you shoot a nice sunrise/sunset picture from aboard a cruise ship?
    Hypothetically speaking, would the ship's movement due to sea waves makes it almost impossible to get a sharp picture for a long exposure? Never tried it before
    エイドリアン-D700|D90|T11-16 f/2.8|S20 f/1.8|35 f/2D|35-70 f/2.8D|50 f/1.4D|85 f/3.5 Micro|70-300VR

  16. #196
    Member korbidp3k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    195

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    coz I'm not around to post?

    hehehehe

    Am in Dresden now. Arrived yesterday.
    Had a walk around the city. Really beautifully-restored old buildings.
    It's still in progress now, so a lot of my photos show a bit of construction going on. The lights at night are quite nice as well, but because I have to keep up with the rest, so no chance to deploy tripod, and hence left it in the hotel in Dusseldorf. Flying back there tonight.

    Oktoberfest hasn't officially started I think, but lots of drinking anyways!
    I quite like the German Warsteiner beer.

    How I wish this was more of a photography trip rather than work. I look at my photos, like don't do the place justice!.. though I can't complain about the all-expenses paid bit!
    Good to hear you are enjoying the trip. Have fun and don't forget to share your pics once you get back

    PS. I was reading Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Book #1, and on the section about shooting fireworks, his picture shows similar zigzag/curvy lines like mine
    エイドリアン-D700|D90|T11-16 f/2.8|S20 f/1.8|35 f/2D|35-70 f/2.8D|50 f/1.4D|85 f/3.5 Micro|70-300VR

  17. #197

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Quote Originally Posted by korbidp3k View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, would the ship's movement due to sea waves makes it almost impossible to get a sharp picture for a long exposure? Never tried it before
    It depends on where the ship is heading to. But I guess getting a sharp picture might be possible if its on a large ship like cruise and if the sea state is less than 2. It should not be an issue for taking long exposure. I don't think the wave is able to give a big impact to the picture itself.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  18. #198

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Question for the sunchasers... can you shoot a nice sunrise/sunset picture from aboard a cruise ship?
    Haha, out at sea, long exposure no, but in the dry docks, why not , hehe
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

  19. #199
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Heeeeeeeeellllllllllloooooooooooooooo brrrroooooooosssssss!!!

    Share a pic with you all. Share the joy!!!



    My first Sigma lens. And sure enough, true to Sigma tradition, it has a front focus issue. But managed to get it spot on after micro adjustment of 20 (which is the max... phew).

    Still thinking if I should even bother bringing it into Sigma SC to get it calibrated.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 8th September 2010 at 07:51 PM.

  20. #200
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part V)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    coz I'm not around to post?

    hehehehe

    Am in Dresden now. Arrived yesterday.
    Had a walk around the city. Really beautifully-restored old buildings.
    It's still in progress now, so a lot of my photos show a bit of construction going on. The lights at night are quite nice as well, but because I have to keep up with the rest, so no chance to deploy tripod, and hence left it in the hotel in Dusseldorf. Flying back there tonight.

    Oktoberfest hasn't officially started I think, but lots of drinking anyways!
    I quite like the German Warsteiner beer.

    How I wish this was more of a photography trip rather than work. I look at my photos, like don't do the place justice!.. though I can't complain about the all-expenses paid bit!
    Bro, enjoy the trip in your mind first bro... pictures come later.

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •