Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122253045 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *48* - You'll Never Walk Alone! Com'on You REDS!!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *48* - You'll Never Walk Alone! Com'on You REDS!!!

Gillett 'set to make Liverpool exit'

Published 22:00 16/09/10 By David Maddock

George Gillettís reign at Liverpool is on the verge of ending - with Tom Hicks ready to launch a bid to seize control of the club.

Gillett has been battling financial problems in America and is facing a deadline next month from Royal Bank of Scotland on a £75million loan set against his 50 per cent stake in Liverpool.

As the Americanís financial empire continues to struggle, his partner Tom Hicks is desperately trying to take control - by forcing through a refinancing package at Anfield.

That will outrage the clubís disillusioned fans, who turned out in disappointing numbers last night for the Europa League game against Steaua Bucharest.

Hicks is even thought to have already approached several American banks - one of which is FBR Capital Markets, which has offices in Washington and London - to try to raise enough capital to buy Gillettís credit note and pay off the Royal Bank of Scotland debt of around £230million.

Gillett borrowed the £75million from U.S. Hedge Fund Mill Financial, an arm of Springfield Financial Co, back in 2008, when he and Hicks were forced to reduce their debt placed on Liverpool by lenders RBS.

The Colorado-based businessmen extended that loan at the end of 2008, but when the company called it in earlier this summer, he was unable to find the funds to repay them, and sources say he may have no option but to default.

That leaves the prospect of his 50 per cent in the club being taken as collateral, a situation that leaves him powerless to resist the sale of his shares.

But Hicks is now desperately trying to find the finance to take full control of the club by buying his partnerís debt note from Mill Financial, giving him sole ownership.

The Texan has held a series of meetings in London - one of which was with the Reds board - as the October 11 deadline approaches when the RBS demand repayment of a sizeable chunk of their £280 million debt.

He has already failed in one attempt to gain control, back in June, when the Anfield board members Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre blocked their plans.

Now Hicks is trying to bypass the board, where he is outnumbered, to take out a new refinancing package, which would allow him to keep control of the club.

Hicks is concerned that he can not find a buyer at the price he needs to make a profit on his purchase of Liverpool, and refinancing would give him more time to sell.

But that would incense Liverpool fans, who are desperate to force him and Gillett out of the club, and are now busy lobbying the RBS and other financial institutions, in an attempt to persuade them not to extend any more credit.

The Americansí debts on Liverpool currently stand at in excess of £350million, with interest of £20million in August alone running up on their account with the RBS, and they would need to sell at above £40million to even break even on their investment.

That is why Hicks is so feverishly looking to salvage the situation, even as Gillett finally seems to have accepted his tenure at Anfield is over, by preparing to default.

It is a critical time for Liverpool, with their lenders the RBS setting an early October deadline for the situation to be resolved.

If Hicks canít find new backing in the next fortnight, then he is likely to be left in a position where he will also need to default - on the loan to the RBS Ė and that would see the ownership of the club finally change hands.

But if he does get a refinancing package from FBR or any other financial institution, then Liverpool fans are set to stage mass protests and walks outs at the club, with a boycott also planned
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB *48* - You'll Never Walk Alone! Com'on You REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    Our "star" player scored one goal!

But RH says: it is just a coincidence Lucas scored a great goal!

see how rubbish this player is?
    supposed to shore up defence, he went to score a "coincidence" goal

the stoopid yankees things is really driving everyone nuts

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    wah nice win! thanks to cc for waving lucas gstring!

veedeo here http://www.matchhighlight.com/uefa/l...europa-league/
    Thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    see how rubbish this player is?
    supposed to shore up defence, he went to score a "coincidence" goal
    He just doesn't understand English
    "If ur pictures aren't gd enough, u're just not close enough..." | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Tom Hicks aims to refinance debts in an effort to remain in control at Liverpool

Hope that no banks will finance him

i just lurveeee to see RH's reactions when his side scores.... very passionate about the team.. unlike the previous doink

Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post
    i just lurveeee to see RH's reactions when his side scores.... very passionate about the team.. unlike the previous doink
    5 more!! 5 more!!!

5 more!! 5 more!!!
    CC has 5 ngog's undies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post

Hope that no banks will finance him
    haiz this stupid tom dicks!

Deregistered

CC has 5 ngog's undies!!
    dont forget he has lucas gstrings collection and dirty kites .. all kept in a briefcase with zip-lock bags , air tight.

5 more!! 5 more!!!
    5 more 5minutes ley....

not 5 more goals.,..kekrkekre

CC has 5 ngog's undies!!
    i have 5 X jeanette aw's g-strings.

nogoal's edition i believe is well kept by jeff gorgor.

i think RH's decision to keep on playing lukas is to attract other teams to make offer while he's still 'can play'... so any offers coming in, he will consider.... hehhehe... see next trf window k?

anyway i think it was a good goal from laoya lucas. hope he can score again manure clowns also

Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post
    5 more 5minutes ley....

not 5 more goals.,..kekrkekre
    paiseh, i m very optimistic.

well, one has to be esp. if one is a LFC fan!

anyway i think it was a good goal from laoya lucas. hope he can score again manure clowns also
    his first touch is F9 so he followed the ball and just whacked, hoping for the best.

a touch of good fortune, well, we needed lots!

Please QUOTE this post and upon replying, delete away the [ quote ] and [ /quote ].

back by popular demand!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). cheesecake -> 9pts
    2). coolsigg ---- > 9pts
    3). blazer_workz --> 8pts
    4). domdomino --> 8pts
    5). sunnyday --> 8pts
    6). zhapchit --> 7pts!
    7). grumpy --> 6pst!
    8). Canew --> 5pts!
    9). zaren -------> 3pts
    10). archlover --> 2pts
    11). bro rodz ---- > 1pt
    12). fotoudavid --> 1pt (he broke the duck's egg!!)

Sep 19

manCircus utd clowns vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!!

old toilet, 12:30 GMT

1). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WINS!!! (Torres, Gerrard) cheesecake
    2). 1-0 liverpool win (torres) sunnyday

Please QUOTE this post and upon replying, delete away the [ quote ] and [ /quote ].[/SIZE]

back by popular demand!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). cheesecake -> 9pts
    2). coolsigg ---- > 9pts
    3). blazer_workz --> 8pts
    4). domdomino --> 8pts
    5). sunnyday --> 8pts
    6). zhapchit --> 7pts!
    7). grumpy --> 6pst!
    8). Canew --> 5pts!
    9). zaren -------> 3pts
    10). archlover --> 2pts
    11). bro rodz ---- > 1pt
    12). fotoudavid --> 1pt (he broke the duck's egg!!)

Sep 19

manCircus utd clowns vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!!

old toilet, 12:30 GMT

1). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WINS!!! (Torres, Gerrard) cheesecake
    2). 1-0 liverpool win (torres) sunnyday
    3) 3-2 Liverpool win (Cole, Torres, Jogavonic)

my virgin gues....