Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I wait for Canon 60D

Default Re: Should I wait for Canon 60D

if travelling, maybe 550d would make more sense because of the weight. then get a good lens so you can capture your action shots
    instagram: @2ndhandphotog

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    That one waste more money

If you want to do that, can give me the money instead
    ya exactly, its the same theory~! buying something you don't need... which is why i'm not advicing TS to get the 7D...

Quote Originally Posted by magicianhisoka View Post
    if travelling, maybe 550d would make more sense because of the weight. then get a good lens so you can capture your action shots

its kinda what i've been trying to say... thanks~!!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    And I will say it many many more times.

Bring camera, bring lenses, bring this and that.. on a trip where you want to take in the beauty and shoot landscape... Shoot nice pictures... But unwilling to bring tripod...

It is a disconnect.

Most beautiful times of the day is sunrise and sunset. These are the times when you wish you had a good camera if you don't. If brought a good camera with lenses, but no tripod, how to shoot nice landscape pictures during these times? Rest it on the ground? you sure can get good perspective all the time doing that?

Want to go, go all the way. Don't go halfway. If want to save weight, then save weight all the way and just bring a PnS or compact prosumer. Even when I save weight and bring PnS, I will also bring a mini tripod.

Haha bro, good advice as always.. But TS already mentioned he will rather ly on the ground to shoot over carrying a tripod with him.

So when we see a photogragher lying on the ground and trying to shoot Hamilton ( assumingly through the 2 hole in the reinforced concrete barrier holding the metal fence , or lying on the Esplanade Bridge shooting the fireworks during NDP 2011 or lying on the Pier at Woodlands Waterfront shooting sunset, we will know its TS

600D?? when is it coming out?? lol...

I don't see how tripod is that important when thread starter has just started learning photography let alone capturing nice landscape.

@TS: Go ahead with the 60D if weight isn't a concern, try it out at shops.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFox View Post
    I don't see how tripod is that important when thread starter has just started learning photography let alone capturing nice landscape.

@TS: Go ahead with the 60D if weight isn't a concern, try it out at shops.

Starting right is a good thing.

If TS is not shooting landscape, then the tipod may not be important. But if shooting landscape, even when starting out, tripod is pretty much essential.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 9th September 2010 at 08:49 PM.

Agree with DD123, tripod is necessity for landscape shooter..
    Lying ground ... or even putting on tables , chairs, bench etc, not so flexible in terms of composition so might as well done take ...

If really lazy to carry tripod, maybe can consider gorillapod
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

Thanks for all the comments and I do own a tripod but use it only once when I need to take a group photo with me in it during a party at home. Sorry the tripod cannot be used on my boat and difficult to setup on my hiking. I do not fancy siting for hours shooting birds, maybe when I am much older and more relax. The fast shooting and HD recording are the features of 60D that seems relevant

Thanks for all the interesting comments. Use tripod only once when taking a group photo with me in it. Sorry but cannot use tripod on my boat and difficult to set up during hiking. The features of 60D of fast shooting and Hd recording seems relevant.

My apology for double posting similar message. iPhone cranky

Using tripod on a boat, that's a good one. Knowing you, I dared not interject when all the comments were coming fast and furious innitially. The 60D with a fast zoom(f2.8) will be the way to go. By the way, are you so much younger than me?

Quote Originally Posted by Josephchlee View Post
    Thanks for all the comments and I do own a tripod but use it only once when I need to take a group photo with me in it during a party at home. Sorry the tripod cannot be used on my boat and difficult to setup on my hiking. I do not fancy siting for hours shooting birds, maybe when I am much older and more relax. The fast shooting and HD recording are the features of 60D that seems relevant
    Last edited by Anthony Lee; 11th September 2010 at 02:26 PM.
    Home is where the heart is.

You are as young as you want to be. Take a trip to Dairy Farm Rd car park B go up Bukit Timah Hill take the 240 steps and follow by 190 steps up to the hill and back by Dairy Farm Loop, if you complete in less than 40 minutes than you are as young as I am and deserve to shoot your DSLR without a tripod.

Hi what the 60D can help you is faster af focusing and yes the video capability allows u to do HD recording. However it doesn't replace the situation where a tripod is needed .

Guess with the advancement of technology like lens/body stabilization and better iso performance sensors, still tripods manufacturers exists, that alone is a living evidence of the importance of tripod.

But I can understand the weight and how that little weight matters when you are on hike or on trek. But if really the purpose Is to take a good scenic shots then the tripod Is highly recommended . Of course la , you can still hand held to shoot and get a decent exposure . But I guess what many of the bros are saying Is, the tripod Will allow us to take sharper and cleaner shows as we do not have to shoot at high iso and large apertures . To get even more creative , a tripod allows us to use filters to shoot at exposures where the human arm cannot tahan.

So maybe to summarise , my point is no camera can replace the need for a tripod when the situations calls for it to get the best picture out put where ever possible. But if there's a desire to choose , it's simply a choice of the lesser of the 2 evils , extra weight or not optimal image quality .
    Alpha and Omega

You are as young as you want to be. Take a trip to Dairy Farm Rd car park B go up Bukit Timah Hill take the 240 steps and follow by 190 steps up to the hill and back by Dairy Farm Loop, if you complete in less than 40 minutes than you are as young as I am and deserve to shoot your DSLR without a tripod.
    Will take up the challenge when I am ready in about 4 weeks. Definitely think I need to up my fitness as my stupid tripod with all the accessories are so heavy. Instead of taking better photos, it may kill me instead.
    Home is where the heart is.

Hi all, I can only say thank you for all the comments and indeed a tripod is a must in many situations. I use a simple Lumix which gives fantastic photos but my friend is using Nikon D90 and some beautiful dolphin jumping were captured and that inspired me to look for a better cam, having decided on Canon my research and advice so far here is that D60 is a better choice and I will wait, such fun and pleasure to get to know all of you Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12