Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Monopod

  1. #21

    Default Re: Monopod

    Quote Originally Posted by morning0508 View Post
    I haven't used monopod before. Compare to tripod, the biggest difference to me is,
    monopod - take pictures for others, can't take own pictures
    tripod - take pictures for others or for myself
    I would use tripod if I want to be in the pictures.
    oh dear....

    the basic purpose of a monopod is to help stabilise picture.

    the basic purpose of the tripod is to help stabilise picture.

    tripod can go with longer periods... so if you are only using these tools to zhi pai or help people take photo, you are not maximizing these tools!

  2. #22
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,209

    Default Re: Monopod

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolex View Post
    I agree with daredevil123. Well, i came across some 2 in 1 tripods that users can detach one of the legs as a monopod. I've never used it before, but maybe other CSers that have can fill us in on this?

    There is a store in SG that carries such products (came across this site in CS). I'm sure there are more places that carries this but i first saw this product here, just to share. :embrass
    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    You gain functionality but you lose stability, combination tripods are not as stable as the regular ones, so its a give and take situation
    If you want a more stable tripod + monopod combination you can consider the Pro 92 from Brilliant -> castwind (Advertiser in CS)

    Initially I got it mainly for the bloom feature to be used for my softbox, but later found that the twin ball head & monopod design is very good.

    I had owned both the Pro 92 and the "Fotomate 2 in 1 Tripod" (http://www.artworkfoto.com/tripod.html), compared to built and quality wise the Pro 92 (http://www.brilliant.com.sg/detail.aspx?id=273) and have an undeniable edge on both stability on height.

    Only downside of the Pro 92 for me so far is the weight and and collapsed height that may not fit into my luggage during my travels. But you can't have best of both worlds unless you are willing to pay an hefty price for a Manfrotto.
    Last edited by Anson; 7th September 2010 at 10:17 AM.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Monopod

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    OMG $50 for that thing??? Talk about being over priced.
    @daredevil - exactly.... its amazing people actually buy it

  4. #24
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: Monopod

    I use this $40 monopod with my superzoom. It has a maximum load of 1.5kg

    Very useful when shooting at 15X.

    Last edited by Diavonex; 7th September 2010 at 03:00 PM.

  5. #25
    Member Jolex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: Monopod

    Sweet.. I learn and see something new in Club Snap everyday..
    Canon user

  6. #26

    Default Re: Monopod

    Thank for all the brother the infor I should know what to get

  7. #27
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: Monopod


  8. #28

    Default Re: Monopod

    Hi all

    I'm interested in getting the 2 in 1 tripod + monopod as such, went to TK and David recommand 1 sirui model

    other than sirui, any other brand or model to recommend? is there a link to such tripod/monopod?

  9. #29

    Default Re: Monopod

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    If you want a more stable tripod + monopod combination you can consider the Pro 92 from Brilliant -> castwind (Advertiser in CS)

    Initially I got it mainly for the bloom feature to be used for my softbox, but later found that the twin ball head & monopod design is very good.

    I had owned both the Pro 92 and the "Fotomate 2 in 1 Tripod" (http://www.artworkfoto.com/tripod.html), compared to built and quality wise the Pro 92 (http://www.brilliant.com.sg/detail.aspx?id=273) and have an undeniable edge on both stability on height.

    Only downside of the Pro 92 for me so far is the weight and and collapsed height that may not fit into my luggage during my travels. But you can't have best of both worlds unless you are willing to pay an hefty price for a Manfrotto.
    The Pro 92 seems to be recommended but u must contact the mass seller to see if he still carry this

  10. #30
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,209

    Default Re: Monopod

    Quote Originally Posted by strikeback4 View Post
    Hi all

    I'm interested in getting the 2 in 1 tripod + monopod as such, went to TK and David recommand 1 sirui model

    other than sirui, any other brand or model to recommend? is there a link to such tripod/monopod?
    I think I just posted links to the tripod/monopod combination in my previous post... http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=22



    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    The Pro 92 seems to be recommended but u must contact the mass seller to see if he still carry this
    I think it's best to drop him a PM and ask directly... more details of the tripod can be found in under "Twins" http://www.facebook.com/pages/Singap...716636?ref=sgm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •