Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 76 of 76

Thread: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Camera)

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus View Post
    TS article is actually misleading. You can never really tell evil intent.

    A great portfolio can mislead a newbie model into thinking its a professional photographer without any evil intent. While a GWC can be a newbie trying to start off in the industry without any evil content.

    Similarly, a harmless looking model can have evil intent.
    Don't fall for it guys!
    Bravo!!! Well said!!!
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  2. #62

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus View Post
    A great portfolio can mislead a newbie model into thinking its a professional photographer without any evil intent. While a GWC can be a newbie trying to start off in the industry without any evil content.

    Similarly, a harmless looking model can have evil intent.
    Don't fall for it guys!
    good point there. "dagger behind a smile"(translate to chinese = xiao li chang dao) sorry my chinese very poor
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  3. #63

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    There are so much bull sessions here over a simple acronym, "GWC", which in my view is way too broadly defined, resulting in lots of conflicting views. Here, because of this expansive definition, any GWC, including the real pros and specialists are now banded with no clear line of separation among the good, the bad and the ugly.

    So when some overly noble members voiced their disgusts in public, and bashed those guys with cam and with perverted ideas and grouped them as GWC, of course many others who have good-intent will feel hurt and disrespected.

    It's God's will that guys love gals, beautiful faces, nice bodies, etc... But civilized guys will manage their desire and control their urge to do harm to the weaker sex. It is only a small % of guys who are naturally not interested in the other sex, due to many reasons, but definitely it is a small group of people, whom we should respect with their choice.

    Out of the majority of guys who like to shoot xmm, there are only a few black sheep. These people are the guys everyone of us should recognize and stay clear. They are perverts, and need to seek medical help. Luckily, these are few.

    Of course, many would argue that there are many shooters who are too aggressive with their style of shooting xmm. But if you compared these with some passionate nature or animal shooters, you will understand that some people are just like that. IMO, it is not right to condemn them, not right to criticize them and unfairly compared their manners with our way of life and thinking, without knowing them. Sometimes it is their occupation, their pastime, their interests (like those who collect nude/exotic arts), etc... Through time, they will get bored with all these, and most of the time they did not and will not harm the girls (and because these legally adult girls have made their choice to be shot in those vulgar poses).

    I would propose that a new acronym, "PGC" (Pervert Guy with Cam) be used in the negative term, and release the grip on "GWC", because we are all Guys with Cams

    Who gonna second this?
    always the Light, .... always.

  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    They were so professional that the photographer did not even have to tell the asistant what to do"
    Another case is the photographer don't even have to tell the model what to do..

    The pro models can really pose and the photographer just need to press the shutter on the Pro body with 85mm f1.2 and deliver fantastic pictures.. those pictures that are "mistakes" are just by-product of the operation and simply thrown away.. only the acceptable ones are shown.

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    I would propose that a new acronym, "PGC" (Pervert Guy with Cam) be used in the negative term, and release the grip on "GWC", because we are all Guys with Cams
    Why not PwC?

  6. #66

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Why not PwC?
    www.pwc.com

  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    http://www.pgc.co.nz/
    http://www.pgc.edu/
    http://www.pgc.co.uk/
    http://www.eguide.com.sg/Companies/PGC-Engineering
    http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php

    ................

    it's the same thing..


    Actually, I mentioned "PwC" on purpose..

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    There are so much bull sessions here over a simple acronym, "GWC", which in my view is way too broadly defined, resulting in lots of conflicting views. Here, because of this expansive definition, any GWC, including the real pros and specialists are now banded with no clear line of separation among the good, the bad and the ugly.

    So when some overly noble members voiced their disgusts in public, and bashed those guys with cam and with perverted ideas and grouped them as GWC, of course many others who have good-intent will feel hurt and disrespected.

    It's God's will that guys love gals, beautiful faces, nice bodies, etc... But civilized guys will manage their desire and control their urge to do harm to the weaker sex. It is only a small % of guys who are naturally not interested in the other sex, due to many reasons, but definitely it is a small group of people, whom we should respect with their choice.

    Out of the majority of guys who like to shoot xmm, there are only a few black sheep. These people are the guys everyone of us should recognize and stay clear. They are perverts, and need to seek medical help. Luckily, these are few.

    Of course, many would argue that there are many shooters who are too aggressive with their style of shooting xmm. But if you compared these with some passionate nature or animal shooters, you will understand that some people are just like that. IMO, it is not right to condemn them, not right to criticize them and unfairly compared their manners with our way of life and thinking, without knowing them. Sometimes it is their occupation, their pastime, their interests (like those who collect nude/exotic arts), etc... Through time, they will get bored with all these, and most of the time they did not and will not harm the girls (and because these legally adult girls have made their choice to be shot in those vulgar poses).

    I would propose that a new acronym, "PGC" (Pervert Guy with Cam) be used in the negative term, and release the grip on "GWC", because we are all Guys with Cams

    Who gonna second this?
    While I'll have no problem to second that, the term GWC is already widely accepted as a "pervert with a camera" in the photography committee arown the world, or at least the english speaking part.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Another case is the photographer don't even have to tell the model what to do..

    The pro models can really pose and the photographer just need to press the shutter on the Pro body with 85mm f1.2 and deliver fantastic pictures.. those pictures that are "mistakes" are just by-product of the operation and simply thrown away.. only the acceptable ones are shown.
    But the difference is that "your photographer" can still deliver given a well train model while "my photographer" can't without his "asistant"
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  10. #70

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    There are so much bull sessions here over a simple acronym, "GWC", which in my view is way too broadly defined, resulting in lots of conflicting views. Here, because of this expansive definition, any GWC, including the real pros and specialists are now banded with no clear line of separation among the good, the bad and the ugly.

    So when some overly noble members voiced their disgusts in public, and bashed those guys with cam and with perverted ideas and grouped them as GWC, of course many others who have good-intent will feel hurt and disrespected.

    It's God's will that guys love gals, beautiful faces, nice bodies, etc... But civilized guys will manage their desire and control their urge to do harm to the weaker sex. It is only a small % of guys who are naturally not interested in the other sex, due to many reasons, but definitely it is a small group of people, whom we should respect with their choice.

    Out of the majority of guys who like to shoot xmm, there are only a few black sheep. These people are the guys everyone of us should recognize and stay clear. They are perverts, and need to seek medical help. Luckily, these are few.

    Of course, many would argue that there are many shooters who are too aggressive with their style of shooting xmm. But if you compared these with some passionate nature or animal shooters, you will understand that some people are just like that. IMO, it is not right to condemn them, not right to criticize them and unfairly compared their manners with our way of life and thinking, without knowing them. Sometimes it is their occupation, their pastime, their interests (like those who collect nude/exotic arts), etc... Through time, they will get bored with all these, and most of the time they did not and will not harm the girls (and because these legally adult girls have made their choice to be shot in those vulgar poses).

    I would propose that a new acronym, "PGC" (Pervert Guy with Cam) be used in the negative term, and release the grip on "GWC", because we are all Guys with Cams

    Who gonna second this?
    fair enough, second this.

  11. #71

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    easiest way to tell.



  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    i belong to the gwc group
    Flickr FB
    Nikon Minolta Panasonic User

  13. #73
    Member/Tangshooter jawzsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Moi live in a flat
    Posts
    714

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    There are so much bull sessions here over a simple acronym, "GWC", which in my view is way too broadly defined, resulting in lots of conflicting views. Here, because of this expansive definition, any GWC, including the real pros and specialists are now banded with no clear line of separation among the good, the bad and the ugly.

    So when some overly noble members voiced their disgusts in public, and bashed those guys with cam and with perverted ideas and grouped them as GWC, of course many others who have good-intent will feel hurt and disrespected.

    It's God's will that guys love gals, beautiful faces, nice bodies, etc... But civilized guys will manage their desire and control their urge to do harm to the weaker sex. It is only a small % of guys who are naturally not interested in the other sex, due to many reasons, but definitely it is a small group of people, whom we should respect with their choice.

    Out of the majority of guys who like to shoot xmm, there are only a few black sheep. These people are the guys everyone of us should recognize and stay clear. They are perverts, and need to seek medical help. Luckily, these are few.

    Of course, many would argue that there are many shooters who are too aggressive with their style of shooting xmm. But if you compared these with some passionate nature or animal shooters, you will understand that some people are just like that. IMO, it is not right to condemn them, not right to criticize them and unfairly compared their manners with our way of life and thinking, without knowing them. Sometimes it is their occupation, their pastime, their interests (like those who collect nude/exotic arts), etc... Through time, they will get bored with all these, and most of the time they did not and will not harm the girls (and because these legally adult girls have made their choice to be shot in those vulgar poses).

    I would propose that a new acronym, "PGC" (Pervert Guy with Cam) be used in the negative term, and release the grip on "GWC", because we are all Guys with Cams

    Who gonna second this?
    .. except PGC may be mistaken as Professional Guy with Cam.. Ya, the term GWC does covers too wide a scope to singly out a handful of black sheeps unfortunately.
    651D90 Mk II camellerô ...... "Ai Camel Mai ?"

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    Also include GWEI (Girl With Evil Intent). 7month still here?

    Take note GWC; GWEI will strip infront of GWC / sleep with GWC and then blackmail.
    More experienced photogs will have assistants and contracts to cover their a**.

    Professional Photographers shall just be called PP....

    So now you have:

    GWC (Guy with camera)
    PGWC (perverted Guy with Camera)
    PP or Psquared (Professional Photographer)
    PPP or Pcubed (Perverted Professional Photographer)
    GWEI (Girl with Evil Intent)
    XMM (Xiao Mei Mei)
    Model (model)
    MWNB (Model wanna be)

  15. #75

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    semantics shmemantics...

    while TS's suggestions do not work 100% of the time, they do provide some guidelines on how to avoid GWCs (now don't start again with the "Oh I'm a GWC too" crap, we all know what GWC implies). In the end, the models have to act according to the situation... if the photographer is asking for something that you feel inappropriate/immodest/offensive/uncomfortable with, then you have to say no.

  16. #76

    Default Re: How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus View Post
    Also include GWEI (Girl With Evil Intent). 7month still here?

    Take note GWC; GWEI will strip infront of GWC / sleep with GWC and then blackmail.
    sorry, if got GWEI do all that, on what basis can they blackmail?

    tell the GWC's mother?

    if the GWC is married, then he deserves it serves him jolly well right, since he cannot keep to marriage vows
    Last edited by night86mare; 4th September 2010 at 03:10 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •