Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Annoying calls from property agents

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Annoying calls from property agents

    I am getting lots and lots of calls from all sorts of property agent asking whether want to sell flat... Its like 2 to 3 per day... put all the flyers all over my doorstep still not enough...i dunno where they get my house number from... The next time they call again... i am gonna tell them, ok i want to sell for 1 million... want or not...

    im staying in my in laws house in a 4 rm flat btw...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  2. #2
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    2 to 3 calls a day....

    Wow.... you must be living in or around so 'Hot' area. My Woodlands side get 2-5 calls a month. And that is annoying enough.....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  3. #3

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    they are very inconsiderate. coax ppl to sell citing high price, but never warn ppl also buy in high... they are axxhole

  4. #4

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    I am getting lots and lots of calls from all sorts of property agent asking whether want to sell flat... Its like 2 to 3 per day... put all the flyers all over my doorstep still not enough...i dunno where they get my house number from... The next time they call again... i am gonna tell them, ok i want to sell for 1 million... want or not...

    im staying in my in laws house in a 4 rm flat btw...
    do you have their numbers? if not, please get it from them, then call them at 3am or 4am, see they scare of you or you scare of them.
    Objection !!!

  5. #5
    Member tainted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in Critterdom
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    Normally when I get such calls.
    I'll put on my saddest voice ever and ask them.
    " If I sell my house away, where will I live? "
    Most of the time the agent will get embarrassed and hang up haha.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    Normally when I get such calls.
    I'll put on my saddest voice ever and ask them.
    " If I sell my house away, where will I live? "
    Most of the time the agent will get embarrassed and hang up haha.
    where got agents are stupid. they will tell you to get a better one or cheaper one. people sell houses either they wanted to upgrade or downgrade or simply sell it totally coz they have private property.
    Objection !!!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    I am getting lots and lots of calls from all sorts of property agent asking whether want to sell flat... Its like 2 to 3 per day... put all the flyers all over my doorstep still not enough...i dunno where they get my house number from... The next time they call again... i am gonna tell them, ok i want to sell for 1 million... want or not...

    im staying in my in laws house in a 4 rm flat btw...
    I got a lot of calls from credit card companies and banks
    Some banks even offer me a low interest rate loan, which I don't need

    But the most annoying calls are 2 phone calls originated from country code 201.

    These 2 guys spoke a strange foreign language and even after I told them they have dial the wrong number. They keep calling me frequently. Some of the calls wake me up in the middle of the night at 1:40 AM.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    Add the numbers to your "blocked" list. That will help minimize the calls.

    :Later,

  9. #9
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    In the 1st place, how they get our (handphone) numbers?
    Landline I still understand they can use the street directory.

    But lucky my number is free incoming calls.
    When I'm busy, I will just hang up upon picking up. When I'm free, I will give "false hope" by talking them 1 or 2 more sentence then say I not interested.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    I don't have so much problem with property agents.
    Worse is still from banks calling to sell me credit cards, personal loans. Or insurance agents calling want to meet me.
    Once I had a Filipino call from overseas, can't even hear what his talking about so I just hung up.
    Guess what that bugger keep calling me a few times even though I cancel his calls every time.
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 | 35mm f1.8 | SB-900

  11. #11

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    Actually property agents and calls from banks are not the worst.

    The worst is your old primary/secondary school friends who you're not close to and nv spoke to for decades calling and telling you that they want to meet and discuss insurance plan. These are the hardest to push away....
    Body - K-x, KX, ME
    Lens - DAL18-55, DAL55-300, DA 35 Ltd, M 50 F1.7, A 50 F1.7, Sigma 10-20

  12. #12

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    Don't think those callers are the agent themselves, at least not all. Most engage the clerk to call when they have pool of buyers aiming for certain location.

    What I hate are those banks. U sign up for banking services they use the number to engage in more business, like insurance, over-draft.

  13. #13
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    do you have their numbers? if not, please get it from them, then call them at 3am or 4am, see they scare of you or you scare of them.


    I will try this next time. But I'm sure these people switch off their phones at night, coz sure kena before one. Call at 3-4am.

  14. #14
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    Normally when I get such calls.
    I'll put on my saddest voice ever and ask them.
    " If I sell my house away, where will I live? "
    Most of the time the agent will get embarrassed and hang up haha.
    Really? I thought they will just tell you about the other property they have available for sale

    Kill two birds, one call.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    Quote Originally Posted by Brianskivvy View Post
    The worst is your old primary/secondary school friends who you're not close to and nv spoke to for decades calling and telling you that they want to meet and discuss insurance plan.

    This is not that bad. I kena one primary school mate called after don't know how many donkey years to borrow money ... then MIA ....
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

  16. #16

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    This is not that bad. I kena one primary school mate called after don't know how many donkey years to borrow money ... then MIA ....
    Haha the hard part is to reject them initially. If you could have done that, your problems can be avoided altogether.
    Body - K-x, KX, ME
    Lens - DAL18-55, DAL55-300, DA 35 Ltd, M 50 F1.7, A 50 F1.7, Sigma 10-20

  17. #17

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    Quote Originally Posted by Brianskivvy View Post
    Haha the hard part is to reject them initially. If you could have done that, your problems can be avoided altogether.
    Preciously !! Damn difficult to say "No" cos sixth sense told me sure have to write off the amount
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

  18. #18

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    i think the worst is when they put flyers on yur doorstep almost every other day..
    hm.. any way to stop them from doing this ?
    seriously, this is creating alot of litter around the HDB estates..

  19. #19
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,845
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    Quote Originally Posted by Will03 View Post
    i think the worst is when they put flyers on yur doorstep almost every other day..
    hm.. any way to stop them from doing this ?
    seriously, this is creating alot of litter around the HDB estates..
    unfortunately, it's not yet against the law bro...

    my best response - agent called me, and i told her, "Sure... but can you sponsor me a condo?"
    she silent for a while... then asked, "So are you selling?"

    i just sighed and put down the phone.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  20. #20
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Annoying calls from property agents

    Quote Originally Posted by Will03 View Post
    i think the worst is when they put flyers on yur doorstep almost every other day..
    hm.. any way to stop them from doing this ?
    seriously, this is creating alot of litter around the HDB estates..
    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    unfortunately, it's not yet against the law bro...

    my best response - agent called me, and i told her, "Sure... but can you sponsor me a condo?"
    she silent for a while... then asked, "So are you selling?"

    i just sighed and put down the phone.
    I hang a bin at my door, so everyday just empty the bin, send these flyers for recycling.
    but I head those locksmith stick their small sticker all over the places, it is hard to remove and some damaged the paint surface.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •