Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BHphotovideo cheaper prices

Smile Re: BHphotovideo cheaper prices

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    If he/she gets stopped by customs, and the receipts show more than $400 value... then the answer is YES! will still have to pay 7%.

Especially if everything is packed nicely in boxes and all. Best way is to mount the lens to the camera or place the lens in camera bag without packaging. So it seems like it is being used. And pray they do not see the boxes packed in the luggage.
    i see. haha. have to find a good actor to pass it through. 7% of 2k not cheap. haha.

btw i have a silly question if u guys dun mind. when bnh air mail it over, who will check the product to tax it? isnt it like a normal mailing parcel?

and lastly, what if i ask a fren in the state to buy it and mail over? will it still be tax?

Default Re: BHphotovideo cheaper prices

Quote Originally Posted by picturethis View Post
    btw i have a silly question if u guys dun mind. when bnh air mail it over, who will check the product to tax it? isnt it like a normal mailing parcel?
    Every company shipping things outside a country needs to declare the content. Ever heard of something like customs declaration?
    These papers are issued automatically from the finance / billing system, stating exactly the value. Based on this SG customs will calculate the GST to be paid by you.
    and lastly, what if i ask a fren in the state to buy it and mail over? will it still be tax?
    Same applies here. Without content declaration no shipping company will accept the package. Wrong declaration will result in some work for customs officers and some (more) trouble for you or your friend. Keep in mind that taxes also exists in US - which needs to be paid by your friend before even shipping to you.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Every company shipping things outside a country needs to declare the content. Ever heard of something like customs declaration?
    These papers are issued automatically from the finance / billing system, stating exactly the value. Based on this SG customs will calculate the GST to be paid by you.

Same applies here. Without content declaration no shipping company will accept the package. Wrong declaration will result in some work for customs officers and some (more) trouble for you or your friend. Keep in mind that taxes also exists in US - which needs to be paid by your friend before even shipping to you.
    i see. thanks! so can my friend say declare that the lens has been used and mail it over for a gift? i dun think the custom will demand 7% of it right?

i see. thanks! so can my friend say declare that the lens has been used and mail it over for a gift? i dun think the custom will demand 7% of it right?
    1, yes you are right

2, no, they still have got the rights to check and investigate IF they want to (who's to stop customs from investigating? worst that can happen? they'll compound the item. simple enough?)

3, by asking the obvious so openly in a public forum, i think maybe you're marked and whatever you ship in now is going to end up checked twice over.

Quote Originally Posted by montroy View Post
    1, yes you are right

2, no, they still have got the rights to check and investigate if they want to (who's to stop customs from investigating? Worst that can happen? They'll compound the item. Simple enough?)

3, by asking the obvious so openly in a public forum, i think maybe you're marked and whatever you ship in now is going to end up checked twice over.
    oh no!! Hahaha

You ask openly how to mislead customs?
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    You ask openly how to mislead customs?
    haha, moderator, you can delete this thread already. HAHAHA

Blog Entries

haha, moderator, you can delete this thread already. HAHAHA
    You can delete or close the thread yourself. Since you are the thread starter. Don't ka-jiao the mods la.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12