Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on photography lessons

Default Re: Advice on photography lessons

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Hi. I think first and foremost, the most important thing to do is to finish reading the user manual of your camera first. After tt, use google if you still don't know what's aperture, shutter speed, ISO all those. Or do a search on CS. After understanding some of the basics, go out and shoot. Join the newbie outings as well. But of course, must be fast enough before the vacancies are filled.

Enjoy photography!
    TRUE~!!

some people after so long still dunno where are some of the menu settings~!!! OH MY~!

hais.. then say outgrown their camera wanna buy new one le.. LOL~!!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    TRUE~!!

some people after so long still dunno where are some of the menu settings~!!! OH MY~!

hais.. then say outgrown their camera wanna buy new one le.. LOL~!!
    Dunno where some of the settings are is ok. But if dunno majority, must do some homework already. Well, there are people who want to upgrade due to these reasons, but if they have no issues with the costs, no problem! It's up to them anyway! Haha.

TS, forgot to add on something. Shoot with your kit lens or whatever you have before rushing to buy new lenses or other gears. Make sure it's a need and not a want. This way you will 'save' yourself some money
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Dunno where some of the settings are is ok. But if dunno majority, must do some homework already. Well, there are people who want to upgrade due to these reasons, but if they have no issues with the costs, no problem! It's up to them anyway! Haha.
    ya singapore is a rich nation... alot of people were at the NATAS fair...

spend dunno how many 80 million on travel packages~!!!! OH MY~!! who said economy no good sia..

all got money to throw lor... #*%&
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Suggest you familiarise the various features of your camera first... check the manuals and take all kinds of shots.... go and do some research on how to take good pictures via internet and books.... subsequently, you may then consider enrolling into a class to find out more and consult the trainer on the issues which you want to clarify relating to various photos shots...

Hmmm.... I felt u shuld go for a workshop to understand the basics of how the camera works, picture composition and basic equipments for a certain type of photography. In which this would give u a headstart as compared to reading books. +it is a benefit to join a workshop as u are able to consult the workshop organizers on stuffs which ur not clear of and at the same time make new friends. Rest of it, is how u apply it in the field and how familiar yr camera is to you. but mostly is just ISO, shutter, aperture and rest settle in photoshop haha!

If you got frens whom are in to photography for quite sometime, heres the cheaper way, go library get some info. test some shots and juice ur friends.
    Dots........

Quote Originally Posted by michi0301 View Post
    thanks for e feedback guys, i like practical, but i also want to know e reasons behind all e settings. Outings are good, will try that out, and e paid classes too. There is nothing wrong with "Workshops, Tutorials and Classes" section, just seeking opinions on where to start. I have got some books and internet links to some articles too. i am just curious about the lessons, that all
    If you already have links to lessons online and books, go and take the workshops or class whoever is offering. After attending those classes, it will make your self-study journey on photography smoother for they will teach you the basics with clearer understanding. Finally don't be afraid to ask questions.

Maybe you can try to enquire here? My friend told me about this.

The Photographic Society of Singapore
    30, Selegie Road, Selegie Arts Centre
    Singapore 188351
    Tel : 63343361 Fax : 63344657
    web: www.pss1950.org
    email: pss1950@singnet.com.sg

Operating Hours:
    Mon - Fri (2.00pm - 10.00pm)
    Sat & Sun (12.00pm - 6.00pm)

you should definitely try http://www.objectifs.com.sg/

cheers,
    george

for me.

1) always menu + online research first. Get comfortable with the buttons.
    2) group outings, only no time for me
    3) Practise and copy the settings from others :P (maybe flickr)

4) Finally, after going through stages infront, I realise I might not need a class (for now) ..or at least I know what-questions to ask during a class .

But some put stage 4) as 1), then end up they might not learn anything beneficial (cannot follow up)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12