Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Buying a monitor from B&H

  1. #1

    Default Buying a monitor from B&H

    Hi All,

    am considering to getting a monitor from B&H cos it cos more than $500 to get it locally.

    Just wondering if anyone has experiences buying bulky items from B&H and shipping it into SGP?

    Any inputs are appreciated
    Many thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Buying a monitor from B&H

    How much is it locally? Do consider the cost of shipping a bulky/heavy item plus GST.
    Alpha

  3. #3

    Default Re: Buying a monitor from B&H

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    How much is it locally? Do consider the cost of shipping a bulky/heavy item plus GST.
    Hi,

    thanks for the reply.

    The $500 plus difference is after the addition of all misc costs.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Buying a monitor from B&H

    is warranty covered here? i only get stuff that doesn't break or unavailable from bh. like bags, pocketwizards.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Buying a monitor from B&H

    What monitor exactly? It's hard to believe a $500 difference...
    Alpha

  6. #6
    Member mabmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Simei
    Posts
    720

    Default Re: Buying a monitor from B&H

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    What monitor exactly? It's hard to believe a $500 difference...
    Maybe what he meant is that the monitor sold here would have cost more than $500 and ordering from B&H is cheaper. However ts, have you included the shipping cost and tax to bring in the item to Singapore?
    Last edited by mabmy; 31st August 2010 at 05:12 PM.
    Your pictures speaks for you, not your camera.

  7. #7
    Senior Member StrifeYun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rivervale Drive
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: Buying a monitor from B&H

    1kg is about SGD20 ... B&H ships with alot of bubble foam and wraps.... but mornitor i'd rather get local....unless savings is more than SGD200 and that sgd200 is like 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of the item ... my 2 cents
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

  8. #8
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Buying a monitor from B&H

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    What monitor exactly? It's hard to believe a $500 difference...
    i am also wondering. Maybe it is a high end model not often carried locally.
    Last edited by giantcanopy; 1st September 2010 at 10:41 AM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Buying a monitor from B&H

    Hi All,

    thank you for the replies.


    Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    1kg is about SGD20 ... B&H ships with alot of bubble foam and wraps.... but mornitor i'd rather get local....unless savings is more than SGD200 and that sgd200 is like 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of the item ... my 2 cents
    Shipping of the monitor is via UPS. Cost estimates about USD$250. That's about 1/5 the cost of the monitor.

    Quote Originally Posted by mabmy View Post
    Maybe what he meant is that the monitor sold here would have cost more than $500 and ordering from B&H is cheaper. However ts, have you included the shipping cost and tax to bring in the item to Singapore?
    Yes, that's what I meant. Apologies for not being clearer. All additional costs are factored in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    What monitor exactly? It's hard to believe a $500 difference...
    It's an NEC 27" monitor. It's about $450 more if you want to be more exact

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    is warranty covered here? i only get stuff that doesn't break or unavailable from bh. like bags, pocketwizards.
    That's the issue now. Just found out that the warranty is US, so I am really hesitating now. I thought that it will be an international warranty.

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    i am also wondering. Maybe it is a high end model not often carried locally.
    Yes, it's a high end model. Can order but have to wait 45 days. I think I can get it in 5 days if I where to order from B&H.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •