Thread: Tamron AF 28-200 mm f/3.8-5.6 LD (IF) Aspherical 72mm filter size

Default Tamron AF 28-200 mm f/3.8-5.6 LD (IF) Aspherical 72mm filter size

Hi,
    new in DSLR. already did some "googling" on this len.
    got this from my bro-in-law. tried using this on my K-x but had issue with this when taking with flash cos pics were overexposed. no reading were possible when taking pics but the reading were shown later. is this normal?

also Got the kit lens and and a sigma 55-200mm 4-5.6 thinking of bringing either this to NZ or he other 2 lens or shld i get another zoom lens? any suggestions?

regards,
    Hun

Default Re: Tamron AF 28-200 mm f/3.8-5.6 LD (IF) Aspherical 72mm filter size

does it have an aperture ring?

might be that u have to set the aperture ring to A.

i can use autofocus or manual except that the only reading appeared in the K-x during focusing is the iso and the "F" is shown as "F_ _" . i set the dial to aperture priority. anyway, tried other setting as well but still the same. pics came out alright except when using flash. is this good enough for the scenery shot in NZ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaotingtong View Post
    i can use autofocus or manual except that the only reading appeared in the K-x during focusing is the iso and the "F" is shown as "F_ _" . i set the dial to aperture priority. anyway, tried other setting as well but still the same. pics came out alright except when using flash. is this good enough for the scenery shot in NZ?

Thanks.
    look at your lens carefully. older lenses will have an aperture ring at the end of the lens, near the lens mount.

it is used to set the aperture size for older cameras that cannot set aperture from the body.

for newer cameras, you have to turn the ring to "A" so that the body can set the aperture.

If the aperture ring is not turned to "A", you will see the "F_ _" on your camera LCD screen.

Thanks.
    I believe detritus mean aperture ring on the les itself not the in camera body's dial setting

check the ring on the lens with label "A 22 16..."

Thanks for the info.
    will chk that when i reach home tonite. things had changed so much. the last time i used a slr was in the late 80s which was a Nikon FG. thanks alot.

regards

Thanks detritus n nameless1. found the "A' and switched it already. everything is fine now.

Thanks for the info.
    will chk that when i reach home tonite. things had changed so much. the last time i used a slr was in the late 80s which was a Nikon FG. thanks alot.

regards
    Did you change "Using Aperture Ring" to Permitted in the Custom Menu settings on the camera?
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Did you change "Using Aperture Ring" to Permitted in the Custom Menu settings on the camera?
    Thanks. somehow i accidentally changed it when i first tried the len.

regards,

Thanks. somehow i accidentally changed it when i first tried the len.

regards,
    Its "lens" not len.

1 lens

2 lenses
    Pentaxian for Life

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Its "lens" not len.

1 lens

2 lenses
    sorry boss. angmo no good. you very inky man. joke aside..thanks for the correction.

sorry boss. angmo no good. you very inky man. joke aside..thanks for the correction.
    our felixcat8888 bro of course is inky.....he educate the next generation leh......

Quote Originally Posted by poseur View Post
    our felixcat8888 bro of course is inky.....he educate the next generation leh......
    hehehe Thanks Bro
    Pentaxian for Life